Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I shouldn’t think so but as a mate said to me recently;
“**** ‘em, the world is only getting gayer and browner and there’s nothing they can do about it”

****ing A

One of that mob said “who wants to watch a load of weirdo’s mincing about”

Imagine missing out on say, Bowie because you thought he was just “mincing about” :)

Yes, something that your grandad might say, as he chuckled along to the Black and White Minstrels. . I do have a a bit of sympathy for them, tbh, because their lives lack so much joy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, something that your grandad might say, as he chuckled along to the Black and White Minstrels. . I do have a a bit of sympathy for them, tbh, because their lives lack so much joy.

I have a lot of sympathy for them. Hankering after a world that hasn’t existed for 40 years. Getting so miserable because of something someone else Is doing on a TV channel they claim not to watch.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I have a lot of sympathy for them. Hankering after a world that hasn’t existed for 40 years. Getting so miserable because of something someone else Is doing on a TV channel they claim not to watch.

Yes, I find that aspect quite bizarre - it puts me in mind of the Mary Whitehouse era, where she'd be utterly offended by 'things', yet when questioned would admit to having never seen them herself.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, I find that aspect quite bizarre - it puts me in mind of the Mary Whitehouse era, where she'd be utterly offended by 'things', yet when questioned would admit to having never seen them herself.

I think perhaps that they thought when we left the EU the schedules would be made up of It Ain’t Half Hot Mum and Love Thy Neighbour. Maybe the Minstrels at Christmas.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I’m sorry some of you snowflakes got upset that people protested an undemocratic referendum. A referendum that garnered a result Farage himself said he would protest had it fallen the other way.
All I would say to you is enjoy it. This period won’t last forever. Common sense will prevail eventually. But for now you can revel in your work. I would have thought that with such a victory you’d be a bit more calm but you all seem very het up over any criticism of your victory. One almost gets the sense you’re not quite comfortable with what you “won”.

Shame.

I admire your optimism about rejoining the Fourth Reich, unfortunately for yourself and other democracy deniers there may not be a Fourth Reich to rejoin...the project is a busted flush and now that the UK cash cow is headed out into the global market a lot of jealous nations are going to be thinking I want a bit of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It is very clearly not "the majority" as stated. It is 38% of those over 22.

Every one had the opportunity to vote, if folk couldn’t be arsed that’s their problem. Shall we just stop the largest democratic mandate ever handed to a government just because the #Youthquake stayed in their pits?
Get over it ..we’re out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Every one had the opportunity to vote, if folk couldn’t be arsed that’s their problem. Shall we just stop the largest democratic mandate ever handed to a government just because the #Youthquake stayed in their pits?
Get over it ..we’re out.

It is clearly not a majority though. It was enough to win the vote. It is nowhere near a majority.

And it is not for you to instruct anyone to "get over it". Lol.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It is clearly not a majority though. It was enough to win the vote. It is nowhere near a majority.

And it is not for you to instruct anyone to "get over it". Lol.

My apologies, you will feel a lot better if you come to terms with the democratic will of the UK electorate.
That better?
We’re out [emoji23]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
My apologies, you will feel a lot better if you come to terms with the democratic will of the UK electorate.
That better?
We’re out [emoji23]

Much better. Words matter. Pushing the boundaries of meaning distorts the actual reality until the truth is lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here