Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Always seems to be the bed wetting,hand wringing hysterical Leftwaffe that despise our flag, every nation has a flag to be proud of. I will always respect the flag of other nations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The fact that you can be constantly amused by something that exists only in your head is alarming.

(Unless the 'them' in your post was a reference to the far-right, spitting, facially tattooed, video camera-wielding Brexit cheerleaders being shepherded away by police in Parliament Square last October - yes, I do feel superior to them. How do you feel I am worse?)

They were there demanding long-held UK democratic principles of respecting and enacting democratic votes be respected whereas you and your fellow travellers were marching hoping to disenfranchise 17.4 million fellow citizens, ignoring their votes and demanding we all vote again (until the 'right' result is reached obvs). I know you can't quite understand this but it doesn't really matter how someone tries to ignore our vote, be it a mainly middle class march in London or a storming of the capitol building in Washington by the deplorables ... it's the fact our votes are being ignored which brings about a hostile reaction.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
They were there demanding long-held UK democratic principles of respecting and enacting democratic votes be respected whereas you and your fellow travellers were marching hoping to disenfranchise 17.4 million fellow citizens, ignoring their votes and demanding we all vote again (until the 'right' result is reached obvs). I know you can't quite understand this but it doesn't really matter how someone tries to ignore our vote, be it a mainly middle class march in London or a storming of the capitol building in Washington by the deplorables ... it's the fact our votes are being ignored which brings about a hostile reaction.

They weren't being ignored, it was being asked for a second vote because of the bollocks that was being spun. Something 'this' big was deserving of another look at, because it can't be changed like a general election.
It's telling that you (and the likes of you) were not happy to have the initial vote verified.
What was the problem, if you thought you'd clearly 'win' again?
If, for some reason you didn't, would that not be equally as democratic as the first vote?
Nah, you dug your heels in and screwed it for all, as is becoming apparent. Good work.

Jan 30, 2008
They weren't being ignored, it was being asked for a second vote because of the bollocks that was being spun. Something 'this' big was deserving of another look at, because it can't be changed like a general election.
It's telling that you (and the likes of you) were not happy to have the initial vote verified.
If, for some reason you didn't, would that not be equally as democratic as the first vote?
Nah, you dug your heels in and screwed it for all, as is becoming apparent. Good work.

Ah the good old peoples march while the silent majority sat at home with their feet up , the rest is history it's about time you gave your head a wobble and moved on
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m sorry some of you snowflakes got upset that people protested an undemocratic referendum. A referendum that garnered a result Farage himself said he would protest had it fallen the other way.
All I would say to you is enjoy it. This period won’t last forever. Common sense will prevail eventually. But for now you can revel in your work. I would have thought that with such a victory you’d be a bit more calm but you all seem very het up over any criticism of your victory. One almost gets the sense you’re not quite comfortable with what you “won”.

Shame.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Behave yourself, the majority voted to leave and the elite didn’t like it. Suck it up.
[emoji636]Born to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Even though I was in favour of a 2nd referendum, if it was a close call again I have to agree it would just cause more division and not really settle the issue, we could have had another vote about the terms of leaving but then, can you really ask the public to make such complex decisions? I think the EU referendum has ruined it for all future referendums mainly because it was hijacked by the liars and unsavouries who made false claims with impunity and to top it all ended up in government

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Even though I was in favour of a 2nd referendum, if it was a close call again I have to agree it would just cause more division and not really settle the issue, we could have had another vote about the terms of leaving but then, can you really ask the public to make such complex decisions? I think the EU referendum has ruined it for all future referendums mainly because it was hijacked by the liars and unsavouries who made false claims with impunity and to top it all ended up in government

Sadly, it was always going to be too close to call, which made the whole thing such a farce. You're right re: it having ruined things future-wise...it'll never be allowed to happen again.
Still, as time goes on and the younger folk get to realise the freedoms that aren't there for them, anymore, it'll gradually change back to (at least) a semblance of normality, despite the best efforts of the (as you put it) 'unsavouries'.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
'Boy George's 1970s', currently on BBC4 is a fascinating look at the type of folk who post here. Shocking, really.

Yep. On the Defund the BBC thread last week posters like Das Reich and others were talking about drag queens and non-binary people in EXACTLY the same terms these fools talked about gay people in the 70's and 80's. Disgusting (yet again, the mods did F all but that's parr for the course).
The same poster also posted two Bernard Manning videos recently, both containing liberal use of the word Paki and other racist material. Again, no meaningful action taken.
It's very disappointing that people still hold these views and even more disappointing NSC offers them a platform to spew their hateful rhetoric.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yep. On the Defund the BBC thread last week posters like Das Reich and others were talking about drag queens and non-binary people in EXACTLY the same terms these fools talked about gay people in the 70's and 80's. Disgusting (yet again, the mods did F all but that's parr for the course).
The same poster also posted two Bernard Manning videos recently, both containing liberal use of the word Paki and other racist material. Again, no meaningful action taken.
It's very disappointing that people still hold these views and even more disappointing NSC offers them a platform to spew their hateful rhetoric.

Word.

That said, I'd rather they were here, visible, than hiding behind faux decency. They're a dying breed, anyway, which is something to cheer about.
I do wonder if they ever reflect upon the way they are, but I doubt it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Word.

That said, I'd rather they were here, visible, than hiding behind faux decency. They're a dying breed, anyway, which is something to cheer about.
I do wonder if they ever reflect upon the way they are, but I doubt it.

I shouldn’t think so but as a mate said to me recently;
“**** ‘em, the world is only getting gayer and browner and there’s nothing they can do about it”

****ing A

One of that mob said “who wants to watch a load of weirdo’s mincing about”

Imagine missing out on say, Bowie because you thought he was just “mincing about” :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here