Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The objective of Brexit for the Tory right, the Tufton Street crew and their mystery donors is to deregulate the f**k out of the economy to feather their own nests. Will they get away with it?

Now what could possibly make you think that ?

Scrap EU consumer and worker protections now Brexit is completed, leading Tory says

A leading Tory credited with inspiring Brexit has urged Boris Johnson to cull a raft of EU consumer and worker protections, now the UK has the freedom to act. Safeguards for the use of data, pay and conditions, GM foods, hedge funds, dangerous chemicals and the disposal of environmentally-damaging vehicles should all be binned, Daniel Hannan said.

* the Temporary Workers’ Directive – which guarantees agency staff receive equal pay and conditions with employees in the same business.

* the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – that gives individuals control over their personal data and limits its transfer to other countries.

* the ban on products made from genetically modified (GM) crops – potentially allowing US food derived that way into the UK, as part of a future trade deal.

* the REACH Directive – to outlaw chemicals linked to health problems including cancer, thyroid disease, hormone disruption and slow development.

* the End of Life Vehicles Directive – to achieve environmentally-friendly dismantling and recycling, with targets for the reuse of vehicles and their components.

* the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) – introduced to regulate hedge funds and private equity following the 2008 financial crash.

* the ‘Droit de suite’ rules – that pay artists a fee on the resale of their works of art, instead of the American ‘first-sale doctrine’ that removes rights from subsequent sales.

* “chunks of” the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) – the legal framework to harmonise regulation of securities markets and trading venues.

???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's almost as if you have no idea what you voted for and what is happening

Luckily, if somewhat embarrassingly, your good friends in Ireland and the EU are bailing you out temporarily

Customs rules relaxed amid post-Brexit backlog

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/customs-rules-relaxed-amid-post-brexit-backlog/ar-BB1cAjsl

And all this, while the full rules and regulations aren't even due to start until April.

But of course you, together with all the other unionists understood exactly what you were voting when you voted for a border in the Irish Sea :shootself

:lolol:

*edit* And a thumbs up from another account of yours within seconds. I guess there's not a lot happening on the job hunting front then :wink:

Poor old Watford here he comes again...

FwQs6mP.gif

:lolol::facepalm:

Putting to one side your tremendous predictive powers (Brexit won't happen, we will end up with BRINO, No deal won't happen, No deal will happen and you want it to happen) I can say my past prediction hoping for a Canada + type trade deal have been largely confirmed. As for NI, my only specific red line was for the people of NI to have the final say on any deal .... box ticked once again.

"What we have is a gateway of opportunity for the whole of the UK and for Northern Ireland and it is important that in this centenary year that we look forward to that and step through that gateway and take all the opportunities that are available for our people."

She told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show that Northern Ireland was out of the EU's customs union.

The protocol keeps the country in the EU's single market for goods and means it applies EU customs rules at its ports.

In four years' time the Northern Ireland Assembly at Stormont will be able to vote on whether it wants to remain within the regulatory system set up by the Northern Ireland protocol.

Mrs Foster said: "I hope by that stage that people will see that it is much better to move out of these regulations and into the global market."

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

FwQs6mP.gif

Putting to one side your tremendous predictive powers (Brexit won't happen, we will end up with BRINO, No deal won't happen, No deal will happen and you want it to happen) I can say my past prediction hoping for a Canada + type trade deal have been largely confirmed. As for NI, my only specific red line was for the people of NI to have the final say on any deal .... box ticked once again.

"What we have is a gateway of opportunity for the whole of the UK and for Northern Ireland and it is important that in this centenary year that we look forward to that and step through that gateway and take all the opportunities that are available for our people."

She told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show that Northern Ireland was out of the EU's customs union.

The protocol keeps the country in the EU's single market for goods and means it applies EU customs rules at its ports.

In four years' time the Northern Ireland Assembly at Stormont will be able to vote on whether it wants to remain within the regulatory system set up by the Northern Ireland protocol.

Mrs Foster said: "I hope by that stage that people will see that it is much better to move out of these regulations and into the global market."

A half-arsed effort with no links to the source for the 'quotes' you seem to have typed up and no indication of when it's from :facepalm:

I think I might be able to see why you aren't getting past the application stage - 1/10 :lolol:

And don't forget to give me a thumbs up on your POTG account. I'm always so disappointed when you forget :down:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
is that a measure of how bad Brexit is you have to look to Covid-19 for good news? ???

Brexit is a complete disaster but at least I didn't catch a nasty disease, evey cloud.....

I'm pretty sure you were the person who posted a picture of lorries parked up at Dover linking it to Brexit despite the fact the lorries were there because the French shut the border due to Covid. I'm also sure you have posted across numerous threads about how bad debt levels are while never mentioning the fact they are only that high because of Covid.

QH3FkTT.gif

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A half-arsed effort with no links to the source for the 'quotes' you have written and no indication of when it's from :facepalm:

I think I might be able to see why you aren't getting past the application stage - 1/10 :lolol:

And don't forget to give me a thumbs up on your POTG account. I'm always so disappointed when you forget :down:

There there sweet pea if you were that desperate for a source why didn't you do one of your usual stalky searches? Alternatively, if you actually read the quoted comments you could see they were made on the Andrew Marr show, have you heard of i player? :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm pretty sure you were the person who posted a picture of lorries parked up at Dover linking it to Brexit despite the fact the lorries were there because the French shut the border due to Covid. I'm also sure you have posted across numerous threads about how bad debt levels are while never mentioning the fact they are only that high because of Covid.

QH3FkTT.gif

You were 'pretty sure' there wouldn't be a border in the Irish Sea :dunce:

Even you're getting confused now. Chicken Run is the 'look over there' and run away account :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There there sweet pea if you were that desperate for a source why didn't you do one of your usual stalky searches? Alternatively, if you actually read the quoted comments you could see they were made on the Andrew Marr show, have you heard of i player? :lolol:

Well I'm guessing if you went searching and typing those quotes out you would know which of the many interviews she has done over the years on the Andrew Marr show. But maybe there's a reason why you don't want to say when the 'quotes' you typed up are from :facepalm:

And you have forgotten to give me thumbs up from your POTG account again :annoyed:

You really don't help yourself do you ? I need to go and do something else, my cheeks are starting to ache :bigwave:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This is this the Brexit thread, we have the Covid thread for vaccine discussions

We want benefits of Brexit and solutions to the pending chaos..

I originally challenged her link to pesticides and the fact that it was being allowed for 1 year to contain a virus in sugar beet crop which she failed to mentioning her click bait, (which she failed to come back to me on btw)

The Covid good news thread mention was purely to demonstrate that she doesn’t seem to post many links on that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You have no issues with the use of a chemical shown to kill and damage bees; an already dramatically reduced insect?

If for a year and it contains a virus that has already reduced the particular crop in the article the no.

Did you actually read the article or was the headline enough for you?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Time will tell. Some older people are more of a priority than others. Already the 21 days advice by Pfizer is being ignored.

Btw, play the ball and not the man. Whenever I post something which I think is relevant I get ‘accused’ by several people of not being this or not being that.
It’s easy on an Internet forum to criticise. Either you’re a miserabilist or a happy clapper.

:smile:

If I whacked up a headline with the sole intention to demonstrate a negative without regard to the actual meat of the the story I’d expect tackled!

As for a miserabilist (is that even a word) it’s you who spends an awful lot of time posting negative links not me [emoji106]

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
If for a year and it contains a virus that has already reduced the particular crop in the article the no.

Did you actually read the article or was the headline enough for you?

Yes, I did.

There will be repurcussion in the form of bees being killed, run off into streams and rivers.

There's a reason why they wanted this kept out of the public. They knew this would not go down well.

Jan 30, 2008
is that a measure of how bad Brexit is you have to look to Covid-19 for good news? ???

Brexit is a complete disaster but at least I didn't catch a nasty disease, evey cloud.....

Yes you have you've become an infected Zombie fortunately it s under control and its slowly being eradicated
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I whacked up a headline with the sole intention to demonstrate a negative without regard to the actual meat of the the story I’d expect tackled!

As for a miserabilist (is that even a word) it’s you who spends an awful lot of time posting negative links not me [emoji106]

More finger pointing.
A headline pointing out that insecticide was going to be used against EU rules now we are 'free'.
Bozza has requested that we post links rather than copy and paste articles otherwise we could be in breach of copyright.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
More finger pointing.
A headline pointing out that insecticide was going to be used against EU rules now we are 'free'.
Bozza has requested that we post links rather than copy and paste articles otherwise we could be in breach of copyright.

Convenient, for your agenda, anyway you clearly don’t like being taken to task so happy to back down.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

FwQs6mP.gif

"the people of NI to have the final say on any deal". Think it should be the best of three....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Since the 'deal' was signed two weeks ago and it actually started to become blindingly apparent what people actually voted for, (even if the government still don't fully understand what they negotiated) the attempts to pull this thread off topic have become increasingly desperate.

So back on topic

Consumers warned they will bear the cost of Brexit border delays

Traders have been told to expect ‘significant disruption’ in the coming weeks as trade activity ramps up. Consumers will bear the cost of the trouble facing traders following the imposition of Brexit red tape, a senior retail chief has warned. Lord Rose, chairman of supermarket delivery company Ocado, said the delays and difficulties in international shipping caused by added paperwork meant the “cost will be passed on to the consumer”.

The trouble already experienced following the end of the transition period with the European Union on December 31 has led to major parcel courier DPD pausing some delivery services into Europe, including Ireland.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/cost-of-brexit-border-delays-will-be-passed-on-to-the-consumer-ocado-boss/09/01/

And, in order to make sure anything posted on here is balanced, I am also posting every Brexit good news story I find as it seems the couple of remaining Brexit supporters on this thread can't be arsed to find the Brexit good news and post it :shrug:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Went online to buy the first batch of seeds for my allotment this year at Real Seeds, a small ethically run business that stocks a great range of heritage seeds to the small gardener. They wer unable to take my order as they have been swamped with orders so I will have to try again when they have caught up, however noticed this on the web site.

Must be quite alarming for those in Northern Ireland who did not see this coming.......

https://www.realseeds.co.uk/WhyNI.html

WHY WE CAN'T SHIP TO NORTHERN IRELAND
We are really sorry about this, but it is completely out of our control. We hope that in a couple of years a pragmatic solution will be found.

Many people are asking about this! We just wanted to make it clear that it is not our choice in any way, but is a result of the Brexit deal.

Right now, no exports of vegetable seed are allowed at all, either to the EU, or to Northern Ireland. This will change once 'equivalence' of regulations is agreed, hopefully fairly soon. But, even once this happens, because there is free movement of plant & seed material throughout the island of Ireland it means that all the plant health border requirements have now moved effectively to the middle of the Irish sea.

As a result even when it is theoretically allowed we would have to provide a phytosanitary certificate with each order which is just not viable for retail orders.

Hopefully at some point this may change, but it is unlikely to be different in the near future - it’s a problem for the seed and seed potato industry as a whole.

In the meantime, TrueHarvest Seeds in Co Down are expanding their range of open pollinated organic vegetable seed.

NI customers should also be able to order from Brown Envelope Seeds and the Irish Seedsavers who also sell open pollinated seed,

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well I'm guessing if you went searching and typing those quotes out you would know which of the many interviews she has done over the years on the Andrew Marr show. But maybe there's a reason why you don't want to say when the 'quotes' you typed up are from :facepalm:

And you have forgotten to give me thumbs up from your POTG account again :annoyed:

You really don't help yourself do you ? I need to go and do something else, my cheeks are starting to ache :bigwave:
Self proclaimed IT expert who has form trawling through thousands of posts when it suits and regularly monitors who's online suddenly can't use search engine shock. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here