Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
...and Gove is being honest and telling the truth.

New Year's Resolution perhaps?

Don't worry we can respect Gove's judgement

ErHhsKsXAAIOGYV.jpeg

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Why are the government going to great lengths to stop their EU deal from scrutiny if it's so good?

[tweet]1347638847799234563[/tweet]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Now we’re out of the EU, and not having to follow their rules, farmers can use banned pesticides to kill the bees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-pesticide-insect-sugar-neonic-b1784693.html

Thank you TB for taking the time to copy this rather alarming link, having read the article it seems Environment secretary George Eustice has agreed to let a product containing the neonicotinoid thiamethoxam to treat sugar beet seed THIS year in an effort to protect the crop from a virus.

Last year a virus significantly reduced sugar beet yields, and similar conditions this year would be likely to present similar dangers, Mr Eustice’s department said.

On a side note I apologise unreservedly if I’ve got this wrong but on many occasions on a variety threads you can often be found posting many links to depressing bad news stories on a variety of subjects but one thread I don’t see you post many links on recently we’ll certainly in the last month anyway is the Covid GOOD NEWS thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The permanent long term damage is now underway on all sorts of fronts

London unlikely to regain lost EU share trading, warn City figures

The first day of trading in the city outside the EU’s single market triggered a major shift from London, where euro-denominated stocks are normally traded, to new locations in Amsterdam and Paris. This has changed overnight for investors and banks who were free to trade across borders using the UK’s EU member states.

“It was an amazing own goal for the UK, and this is just the beginning,” said Gianluca Minieri, deputy global trading director for fund manager Amundi. “More quantities are better prices for investors. He added that he would move to a place where he could get liquidity.

As investors became accustomed to the new regime, they traded in the EU on Monday, and on Tuesday at similar value, about 6 billion euros of stock, usually replaced in the city, were traded. That’s about half the amount of business that London banks and brokers typically process.

https://californianewstimes.com/london-unlikely-to-regain-lost-eu-share-trading-warn-city-figures/113624/

It appears that not only did the vast majority of Brexit voters have no idea what they were voting for, the Brexit Government they elected had no idea what they were negotiating. Once it's gone it isn't coming back :facepalm:
The good thing is that this is all just "Project Fear" so all you have to do is put your fingers in your ears and repeat "la la la" and it all goes away.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thank you TB for taking the time to copy this rather alarming link, having read the article it seems Environment secretary George Eustice has agreed to let a product containing the neonicotinoid thiamethoxam to treat sugar beet seed THIS year in an effort to protect the crop from a virus.

Last year a virus significantly reduced sugar beet yields, and similar conditions this year would be likely to present similar dangers, Mr Eustice’s department said.

On a side note I apologise unreservedly if I’ve got this wrong but on many occasions on a variety threads you can often be found posting many links to depressing bad news stories on a variety of subjects but one thread I don’t see you post many links on recently we’ll certainly in the last month anyway is the Covid GOOD NEWS thread

No, you don’t, you’re quite right.
1345 people dying in one day isn’t good news by any stretch of the imagination.
Even the news that three households could meet for Christmas or eat out to help out (neither of which I did) was good news because we have seen the consequences.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No, you don’t, you’re quite right.
1345 people dying in one day isn’t good news by any stretch of the imagination.
Even the news that three households could meet for Christmas or eat out to help out (neither of which I did) was good news because we have seen the consequences.

In the last month 3 vaccines have been approved in the UK, not good news, excellent start to the vaccination program, not good news? Surely you can find some good news?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In the last month 3 vaccines have been approved in the UK, not good news, excellent start to the vaccination program, not good news? Surely you can find some good news?

Look over there

*runs away*

It's the Brexit thread :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why are the government going to great lengths to stop their EU deal from scrutiny if it's so good?

[tweet]1347638847799234563[/tweet]

As is becoming blindingly obvious, because they have no idea what they negotiated and want to ty and find out themselves first.

But everyone knew what they were voting for :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

This is this the Brexit thread, we have the Covid thread for vaccine discussions

We want benefits of Brexit and solutions to the pending chaos..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Time will tell. Some older people are more of a priority than others. Already the 21 days advice by Pfizer is being ignored.

Btw, play the ball and not the man. Whenever I post something which I think is relevant I get ‘accused’ by several people of not being this or not being that.
It’s easy on an Internet forum to criticise. Either you’re a miserabilist or a happy clapper.

:smile:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As the delightful Arlene says they have the opportunity to vote to reject the deal in a few years time if they don't like it [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

It's almost as if you have no idea what you voted for and what is happening

Getting back to the thread topic, what sort of Unionist would vote for a border in the Irish Sea in the first place :facepalm:

DUP says ‘unmitigated disaster’ Brexit deal for Northern Ireland should be suspended

The Brexit deal for Northern Ireland is an "unmitigated disaster" and should be suspended, the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) has said. At a hearing of the Commons Northern Ireland committee on Wednesday MPs heard evidence from hauliers and retailers about the problems the new arrangements were causing compared to EU membership.

MP Ian Paisley Jr, the DUP's communities spokesperson who sits on the committee, said: "They've basically told us that the protocol and its workings, on day six, is an unmitigated disaster.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-northern-ireland-dup-article-16-b1783221.html

Thank goodness we don't have anyone that stupid posting on this thread :lolol:

Luckily, if somewhat embarrassingly, your good friends in Ireland and the EU are bailing you out temporarily

Customs rules relaxed amid post-Brexit backlog

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/customs-rules-relaxed-amid-post-brexit-backlog/ar-BB1cAjsl

And all this, while the full rules and regulations aren't even due to start until April.

But of course you, together with all the other unionists understood exactly what you were voting when you voted for a border in the Irish Sea :shootself

:lolol:

*edit* And a thumbs up from another account of yours within seconds. I guess there's not a lot happening on the job hunting front then :wink:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Time will tell. Some older people are more of a priority than others. Already the 21 days advice by Pfizer is being ignored.

Btw, play the ball and not the man. Whenever I post something which I think is relevant I get ‘accused’ by several people of not being this or not being that.
It’s easy on an Internet forum to criticise. Either you’re a miserabilist or a happy clapper.

[emoji2]
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over anything Chicken Run says TB, he will always be contrary or opposed to any view or post on here, its his default position. Whack him on " ignore" with the rest of the usual suspects, it's very liberating.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

You have no issues with the use of a chemical shown to kill and damage bees; an already dramatically reduced insect?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You have no issues with the use of a chemical shown to kill and damage bees; an already dramatically reduced insect?

The objective of Brexit for the Tory right, the Tufton Street crew and their mystery donors is to deregulate the f**k out of the economy to feather their own nests. Will they get away with it?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
is that a measure of how bad Brexit is you have to look to Covid-19 for good news? ???

Brexit is a complete disaster but at least I didn't catch a nasty disease, evey cloud.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here