Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just about the only thing to smile about today in the awful COVID briefing was Raab saying that the negotiations on the trade deal are making 'good progress' and then correcting himself to say 'progress'. To think that he was a but a dodgy heartbeat away from being PM a short time ago is scary.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just about the only thing to smile about today in the awful COVID briefing was Raab saying that the negotiations on the trade deal are making 'good progress' and then correcting himself to say 'progress'. To think that he was a but a dodgy heartbeat away from being PM a short time ago is scary.

The cabinet was selected on the basis of them being Brexit true believers. Only Hancock among seniors was a Remainer, albeit of the flakey variety. Johnson wanted DimDom as his stand-in because he was 'sound on Brexit'.

It's more of a cult than a cabinet and like almost everything about the Conservative Party for the past five years at least it puts party above nation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The cabinet was selected on the basis of them being Brexit true believers. Only Hancock among seniors was a Remainer, albeit of the flakey variety. Johnson wanted DimDom as his stand-in because he was 'sound on Brexit'.

That's not quite true: the big four jobs are held by Brexiteers but a lot of the cabinet voted to remain, not just Hancock. Truss, Williamson, Sharma, Shapps, Buckland, Jenrick and many others voted that way

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's not quite true: the big four jobs are held by Brexiteers but a lot of the cabinet voted to remain, not just Hancock. Truss, Williamson, Sharma, Shapps, Buckland, Jenrick and many others voted that way

Indeed, but only Hancock among the senior ones. Others, Truss and Williamson most obviously, base their Brexit position on what they think their PM wants.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Of course they didn't, it's just the latest theory from the tin-foil brigade. If it's not that, it's 5G caused CV19. I'm surprised that chemtrails haven't had a mention

personally i think 5g and this virus are completely unrelated.......facts remain that wuhan lab has been working on up skilling viruses ...ie making them deadlier and more communicable between humans , fact remains the three i mentioned have supported the lab financially , fact remains gates has been recorded numerous times touting population control.......i am of the firm belief that there are too many of us already so i don't really care any more but do you think he is on about increasing the population...? i very much doubt it....The Georgia Guide Stones state an ideal global population off 500,000,000.......all food for thought old boy , all food for thought......... you have a 4000 bed super hospital in East London built at huge expense with 38 people in it....??!! Your civil liberties have been ripped out from underneath you and as usual the community is now becoming split on wether this bug is what they make it out to be or just another horrible flu virus from the orient.......the numbers at this stage just don't add up to the hype of government.

South Africa by the way , with some of the most congested , poverty stricken cities and townships on the planet has a total death count of 148.

food for thought old boy.......food for thought.

5g another issue ....could it be used as a weapon ...?? do you know ...?? i don't.

suicide , car accidents and alcohol related illness still far outstrip deaths from this virus on a global level.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
personally i think 5g and this virus are completely unrelated.......facts remain that wuhan lab has been working on up skilling viruses ...ie making them deadlier and more communicable between humans , fact remains the three i mentioned have supported the lab financially , fact remains gates has been recorded numerous times touting population control.......i am of the firm belief that there are too many of us already so i don't really care any more but do you think he is on about increasing the population...? i very much doubt it....The Georgia Guide Stones state an ideal global population off 500,000,000.......all food for thought old boy , all food for thought......... you have a 4000 bed super hospital in East London built at huge expense with 38 people in it....??!! Your civil liberties have been ripped out from underneath you and as usual the community is now becoming split on wether this bug is what they make it out to be or just another horrible flu virus from the orient.......the numbers at this stage just don't add up to the hype of government.

South Africa by the way , with some of the most congested , poverty stricken cities and townships on the planet has a total death count of 148.

food for thought old boy.......food for thought.

5g another issue ....could it be used as a weapon ...?? do you know ...?? i don't.

suicide , car accidents and alcohol related illness still far outstrip deaths from this virus on a global level.

You got any links to all this, particularly the bit I bolded? I'm interested to read more.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You got any links to all this, particularly the bit I bolded? I'm interested to read more.

it has been thrown around by the usual suspects on youtube and even been spoken about on our current affairs programmes over here...ABC only but it would appear that , after checking on politfact , they have been given 600k US per year over the last 6 years... by the NHI national health institute to examine viruses in bats......i guess they are never going to admit to manipulating viruses.Why would they pay them anything...?? they had a run away economy ffs... they sent a navy ship to Melbourne in january to take $ 200 million worth ppe , baby formula and tasmanian salmon back to china....its a mad old world brother...:mad:

the rest is all readily available on line....

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
In relation to South Africa it seems like they have been hot on the lockdown and been screening. This has helped to reduce the spread, but it is still feared they will have a major outbreak.

Source: Financial Times online.
South Africa has used a combination of mass screening, targeted testing and a draconian lockdown to control the early stages of a coronavirus outbreak that threatened to overwhelm the country if left unchecked in its densely populated townships.

it has been thrown around by the usual suspects on youtube and even been spoken about on our current affairs programmes over here...ABC only but it would appear that , after checking on politfact , they have been given 600k US per year over the last 6 years... by the NHI national health institute to examine viruses in bats......i guess they are never going to admit to manipulating viruses.Why would they pay them anything...?? they had a run away economy ffs... they sent a navy ship to Melbourne in january to take $ 200 million worth ppe , baby formula and tasmanian salmon back to china....its a mad old world brother...:mad:

the rest is all readily available on line....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In relation to South Africa it seems like they have been hot on the lockdown and been screening. This has helped to reduce the spread, but it is still feared they will have a major outbreak.

Source: Financial Times online.
South Africa has used a combination of mass screening, targeted testing and a draconian lockdown to control the early stages of a coronavirus outbreak that threatened to overwhelm the country if left unchecked in its densely populated townships.

Lockdown commenced second week in march ....one person from each house hold allowed out for one hour a day to get food etc. police and army patrolling the streets..no alcohol or tobacco sales .....also millions are already on retro viral drugs after contracting hiv which is attributed as a more than possible factor in why the spread has been suppressed ......source family in cape town , jo'burg and durban.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Something's gone wrong with my tablet. It says at the top of the screen that this is the Brexit thread.

Exactly. If you want to discuss Covid go to a Covid thread punish:

Talking of which, I was reading this article on why certain people believe conspiracy theories

https://www.theweek.co.uk/106913/what-makes-people-believe-conspiracy-theories

When these statistics popped up.

People’s pre-existing notions and prejudices tend to influence which conspiracy theories they are more likely to believe.

For example, the 2018 study showed that 47% of Brexit supporters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth about how many immigrants lived in the UK, versus just 14% of Remain voters.

And 31% of Leave voters believed that Muslim immigration was part of a wider plot to make Muslims the majority in Britain, compared with 6% of Remain voters.

The phenomenon isn’t confined to the UK. The study - conducted over six years in a total of nine countries - found that in the US, 47% of Donald Trump voters believed that man-made global warming was a hoax, compared with 2.3% of people who had voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

Interesting :wink:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Talking of which, I was reading this article on why certain people believe conspiracy theories

People’s pre-existing notions and prejudices tend to influence which conspiracy theories they are more likely to believe.

For example, the 2018 study showed that 47% of Brexit supporters believed the government had deliberately concealed the truth about how many immigrants lived in the UK, versus just 14% of Remain voters.

And 31% of Leave voters believed that Muslim immigration was part of a wider plot to make Muslims the majority in Britain, compared with 6% of Remain voters.

The phenomenon isn’t confined to the UK. The study - conducted over six years in a total of nine countries - found that in the US, 47% of Donald Trump voters believed that man-made global warming was a hoax, compared with 2.3% of people who had voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

Indeed - but even more scary. It helps explain the astonishing levels of hatred directed at the EU by folk who really know very little about it. Obviously not all Euro sceptics fall into this category. But enough of them to make a difference to a referendum result.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Indeed - but even more scary. It helps explain the astonishing levels of hatred directed at the EU by folk who really know very little about it. Obviously not all Euro sceptics fall into this category. But enough of them to make a difference to a referendum result.

And certainly enough of them to put silly hi-viz vests on and parade around Westminster harassing Anna Soubry.

Jan 30, 2008

= most people who voted leave weren't liberal day dreamers
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here