Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Out of interest now we have given that undemocratic shower a shafting and finally started the process of taking back control.......who is up for giving the House of lords a kicking next?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Regain the ability to negotiate and sign trade deals?

Sure. But you know the point I was making and why [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] was agreeing.

The reason I made the point was for the last 3 years some people have been saying that the remoaners were wrong because nothing nasty has happened now we have left the EU. The remoaners may be wrong but that can't be the reason why....

Anyway, I'm sure you and I are hoping for the same thing now - a good outcome. If that's what we obtain in 2 years (after a deal, and the settling of dust) I'll accept all the gloating.

Until then, neither gloating nor doom-mongering has any value whatsoever.

Last night two fireworks were let off from the council estate over yonder, but otherwise Faversham was quiet, as normal. I found that quite pleasing.

All the best :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Out of interest now we have given that undemocratic shower a shafting and finally started the process of taking back control.......who is up for giving the House of lords a kicking next?

If you throw the unelected monarchy in too it’s a deal. :cheers:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Thought this thread would be closed now

It should be.
Its like the last dying embers of a huge fire that has been continually stoked and had petrol poured on it for the last three and half years. Now its just a faint glow in the ashes but sadly there are some still clinging to that faint hope. We leave behind a controlled world of European elitism operating stringent rules and regulations and now have to try and embrace globalism and all its demands. Interesting times ahead.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It should be.
Its like the last dying embers of a huge fire that has been continually stoked and had petrol poured on it for the last three and half years. Now its just a faint glow in the ashes but sadly there are some still clinging to that faint hope. We leave behind a controlled world of European elitism operating stringent rules and regulations and now have to try and embrace globalism and all its demands. Interesting times ahead.

Everyone has rules, where they are stringent, it is usually with good reason.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sure. But you know the point I was making and why [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] was agreeing.

The reason I made the point was for the last 3 years some people have been saying that the remoaners were wrong because nothing nasty has happened now we have left the EU. The remoaners may be wrong but that can't be the reason why....

Anyway, I'm sure you and I are hoping for the same thing now - a good outcome. If that's what we obtain in 2 years (after a deal, and the settling of dust) I'll accept all the gloating.

Until then, neither gloating nor doom-mongering has any value whatsoever.

Last night two fireworks were let off from the council estate over yonder, but otherwise Faversham was quiet, as normal. I found that quite pleasing.

All the best :thumbsup:

I gave up pointing out to the remoaner regulars on here that many of the predictions of numerous nasties that they repeated were predicated on a vote to leave with an immediate catastrophic impact (see HM Treasury report) and didn't relate to the day we actually officially left which according to article 50 could take up to two years once triggered with the possibility of an extension. [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] has been promising me a ''Brexit' recession since June 2016!

I haven't seen many (any?) Brexiteers on here claiming Brexit will be a bed of roses/pain free exercise but plenty of the gloomerati seem to know we are f*****. As you say it's far too early to judge, 5, 10 years down the line we will all have a better perspective and understanding.

The overwhelming feeling in the country last night was probably relief, most people just getting on with their lives.

Here's to a good outcome :cheers:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Perhaps we could rotate it from London to York every few weeks with all the costs that entail as a magnanimous concession to those who still love the EU.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We had a referendum on that and voted to stick with the current system.

ps. can you keep this thread open and not shift it to the other stuff.....i want reminders of watford zeros stupid daft predictions that never came true, the stupidity of the clamp and nibble, the racism of gammon, dave and others, the stupidity of klaas, the loonery of lincoln and lever and the lying bullshit of thunder crap.......any chance you can keep it front and centre?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I gave up pointing out to the remoaner regulars on here that many of the predictions of numerous nasties that they repeated were predicated on a vote to leave with an immediate catastrophic impact (see HM Treasury report) and didn't relate to the day we actually officially left which according to article 50 could take up to two years once triggered with the possibility of an extension. [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] has been promising me a ''Brexit' recession since June 2016!

I haven't seen many (any?) Brexiteers on here claiming Brexit will be a bed of roses/pain free exercise but plenty of the gloomerati seem to know we are f*****. As you say it's far too early to judge, 5, 10 years down the line we will all have a better perspective and understanding.

The overwhelming feeling in the country last night was probably relief, most people just getting on with their lives.

Here's to a good outcome :cheers:

It's coming.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

One of the best posts you've ever made pasta.

To me there has been literally no point in yelling that we've taken back democratic control when we have an unelected upper house meddling in just about everything.

Let's take it a bit further - how about an elected upper house based, not on FPTP, but proportional representation. Now that would be truly democratic. At the moment we are simply not that however much triumphalism there is among Brexiteers.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
One of the best posts you've ever made pasta.

To me there has been literally no point in yelling that we've taken back democratic control when we have an unelected upper house meddling in just about everything.

Let's take it a bit further - how about an elected upper house based, not on FPTP, but proportional representation. Now that would be truly democratic. At the moment we are simply not that however much triumphalism there is among Brexiteers.

Out of interest if there was a referendum on FPTP or PR how do you think the country would vote?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Out of interest if there was a referendum on FPTP or PR how do you think the country would vote?

I think we'd likely stick with FPTP for the House of Commons, based only on the fact that we stuck with it when given the chance to implement Alternative Vote.

If there was a referendum to remove the House of Lords and replace it with a PR elected upper house I think people would go for the latter. I certainly would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here