Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Indeed. The people confirmed it.
Boris said he would get Brexit done with the withdrawal over the line and he achieved it,after many said he wouldnt even be able to get The EU to change T Mays withdrawal deal let alone get parliament to push it through.
He has played a blinder in getting Brexit done.

Time to move on to the after Brexit stuff

Not been on here for a while but like it or lump it Brexit is done.

The question now is what can the country do to move forward.......as leavers I think there are things we can learn from the remainers that will bring us together.

For example, how about any future constitutional change (e.g. a transfer of law making power) which supported by our Parliament should be put to the country by way of a referendum which must be supported by (say) 80% of the electorate.

No more of this 48/52 nonsense, let’s have clear unambiguous mandates. I’m sure EVERYONE on here can rally round that position. No more rancour and wet mattresses, referendum results need to have absolute certainty.

Democracy Rules U.K.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As we all wake up to the warm glow provided by the sunlit uplands it's heartening to see the divisions and vitriol subsiding with a newfound togetherness determined to see the UK prosper and succeed ..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It is remarkable how many people seem to think brexit is done and everything is fine today so why the worries? Do people not understand that for the next 11 months we comply with rules we have no say over then leave properly after that?

The interesting time will be from July once we know what the trade deal looks like. This is when things will start changing.

Its remarkable how so many people didnt realise that Getting Brexit Done - a major election pledge- simply referred to getting the EXIT and the withdrawal Act over the line and through parliament......and instead thought it somehow referred to finalising the future relationship deal that can only be started after we had left........and somehow didnt understand this was NOT what was being referred to as they placed their X in the ballot box.
its slightly concerning that some people like you didnt realise this.......then you realise.......everyone that thought this......100% of them........were remoaners(not the same as remainers).....................and then suddenly everything makes perfect sense.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Deutschland will become a safe haven for criminals, apparently it’s in their constitution that they won’t extradite to non EU countries, it’s unclear if France and Spain will follow suit.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Its remarkable how so many people didnt realise that Getting Brexit Done - a major election pledge- simply referred to getting the EXIT and the withdrawal Act over the line and through parliament......and instead thought it somehow referred to finalising the future relationship deal that can only be started after we had left........and somehow didnt understand this was NOT what was being referred to as they placed their X in the ballot box.
its slightly concerning that some people like you didnt realise this.......then you realise.......everyone that thought this......100% of them........were remoaners(not the same as remainers).....................and then suddenly everything makes perfect sense.

Based on posts on this thread it's all gammons.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What do you mean by the establishment?

It means male white traitors who treat blacks and women and the like as if they are 'equals', flying in the face of the natural order, with a view of creating a left wing so called utopia. We are talking about the BBC here, members of the theater community, social workers, teachers, homosexuals, liberals and all the other enemies of the state, I can't quite remember but you'll recognise them when you see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auN0ZLcuvXI

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Based on posts on this thread it's all gammons.

Actually it isnt, but you are too stupid to realise that.
I mean seriously, what sort of prick goes through the thought process of joining northstandchat in dec 2018 and says to himself.....oh yeah.....thats a good name......think i will call myself GrizzlinGammon.......i mean seriously , only a stupid would do that.

And you did

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It means male white traitors who treat blacks and women and the like as if they are 'equals', flying in the face of the natural order, with a view of creating a left wing so called utopia. We are talking about the BBC here, members of the theater community, social workers, teachers, homosexuals, liberals and all the other enemies of the state, I can't quite remember but you'll recognise them when you see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auN0ZLcuvXI

No wonder he didn't want to say. Thanks.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not been on here for a while but like it or lump it Brexit is done.

The question now is what can the country do to move forward.......as leavers I think there are things we can learn from the remainers that will bring us together.

For example, how about any future constitutional change (e.g. a transfer of law making power) which supported by our Parliament should be put to the country by way of a referendum which must be supported by (say) 80% of the electorate.

No more of this 48/52 nonsense, let’s have clear unambiguous mandates. I’m sure EVERYONE on here can rally round that position. No more rancour and wet mattresses, referendum results need to have absolute certainty.

Democracy Rules U.K.

Welcome back......
ps no one likes their own shit thrown in their face

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here