Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Get ready for an informed referendum once Corbyn in Prime Minister in a few months.

Brilliant.....I could do with a good laugh...." we'll keep the red flag flying here ".....the party established to represent working people in their struggle against the political establishment, believing in national democratic sovreignity and anti imperialism, which has retreated into its metropolitan enclaves and forsaken its formerly loyal industrial communities. A party full of pro EU idealogues, anti semites and neo marxist leadership. Now, sadly, the epitomy of sneering middle class elitism. If thats electable, then I'm emigrating.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Now, sadly, the epitomy of sneering middle class elitism. If thats electable, then I'm emigrating.

Jim ****ing Davidson is electable when compared to Bojo The Evil Clown. We can’t have a compulsive liar for a PM and the country knows it. Corbyn is the only option (hopefully under control in a coalition).

Now, I’m thinking Australia or Canada for you???

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Jim ****ing Davidson is electable when compared to Bojo The Evil Clown. We can’t have a compulsive liar for a PM and the country knows it. Corbyn is the only option (hopefully under control in a coalition).

Now, I’m thinking Australia or Canada for you???

I agree about Boris but you can't be serious about Corbyn ( and Swinson is even more laughable ).....no....it will be Southern Germany or Switzerland for me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As much as yesterday's ruling is great news, the way this country is at the moment, I fully expect Johnson to have the last laugh. Or at least for him to walk away Scott free from his despicable activities.
Alec gets everywhere these days. She won't be free though.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Government has just sent Gove out to speak on Radio 4 he started by testing the water with the supream court decision was at odds to he listed among others the queens QC to which he was then asked are you saying that the 11 most senior judges in the country were wrong in their decision, his response was no its just to say that the Government will abide by the law but that does not mean agree with the decision!

Surely the one of the points of Government is to uphold the rule of law and in doing so you need to accept that you were wrong but to then question that decision undermines that rule of law, I guess this gives the green light to call into question every future court decision

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I suspect the Lib Dems will gain a number of seats from the "**** that" electorate in areas where a Cats Protection League isn't fielding a candidate.

Their manifesto will contains sections on "yeah", "you know", "I see what you're saying" and finally "whatever" and will be printed on a blend of recycled bottles and hemp.

They will then hold an an online competition to "like" their new policies. Looking forward to it.
None of which is remotely as unpalatable as a party that has been taken over by lying right wing zealots who break the law and consider themselves the ruling class. Or for that matter, party where an executive which is way out of step with its executive on the crucial issue of the day, gerrymanders a vote in it's own conference to force through leadership policy.

Give me the ya ok cool I get that whatevs Lib Dems any day of the week of those undemocratic self serving clueless c*nts.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Rees-Mogg called the verdict a coup, Cox said it overturned president. That's the Leader of the House and the Attorney General slagging off their countries eleven most experienced judges. I don't think either will go unless they're pushed, it looks like there won't even be an apology.

Unbelievably, there is a possibility that no-one will resign over this.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Government has just sent Gove out to speak on Radio 4 he started by testing the water with the supream court decision was at odds to he listed among others the queens QC to which he was then asked are you saying that the 11 most senior judges in the country were wrong in their decision, his response was no its just to say that the Government will abide by the law but that does not mean agree with the decision!

Surely the one of the points of Government is to uphold the rule of law and in doing so you need to accept that you were wrong but to then question that decision undermines that rule of law, I guess this gives the green light to call into question every future court decision

Tories just think they are above the law

Owned by Gina Miller twice, and will probably get owned again

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First and foremost, I'm not actually convinced that Johnson actually WANTS the country to leave the EU. As I've stated numerous times before, I don't believe a word the guy says and the more he keeps banging his gums about "October 31st" (It's the 31st of October in this country you big cocking PUDDING, but anyway), the less convinced I am of it actually happening.

BUT, addressing your devil's advocate vision (and slightly related to the above) I don't believe he'll leave without a deal. I don;t believe he's working hard to get a new deal, like he says, but I still don't believe the bluster.

If he DOES leave with no deal, the rest of your comment is redundant because Brexit would've happened and who knows what will happen to the country and the political parties after that? :shrug:

Wow.

Just . . . wow.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just cancel brexit, someone, anyone, please....!

[tweet]1176605247072026624[/tweet]

Meanwhile coming up on This Morning we have Jasper Carrott and the ghost of Les Dawson on the potential for a UK-US trade deal.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Meanwhile coming up on This Morning we have Jasper Carrott and the ghost of Les Dawson on the potential for a UK-US trade deal.

You can sneer all you like, but it's a little-known fact that Bernard Manning - during a lean patch in his comedy career - did some consulting work for the WTO and indeed was considered by some at the time to be a thought-leader in this area. (If you reference some of his gags, you'll see this was very much a sub-text).

And don't get me started on Norman Wisdom's contribution to the 1944 Bretton Woods talks which set up the post war framework for the international monetary system.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First and foremost, I'm not actually convinced that Johnson actually WANTS the country to leave the EU. As I've stated numerous times before, I don't believe a word the guy says and the more he keeps banging his gums about "October 31st" (It's the 31st of October in this country you big cocking PUDDING, but anyway), the less convinced I am of it actually happening.

BUT, addressing your devil's advocate vision (and slightly related to the above) I don't believe he'll leave without a deal. I don;t believe he's working hard to get a new deal, like he says, but I still don't believe the bluster.

If he DOES leave with no deal, the rest of your comment is redundant because Brexit would've happened and who knows what will happen to the country and the political parties after that? :shrug:

A more considered reply to you extraordinary comment....

I accept Boris does not 'want' Brexit - before he came out in favour he had barely mentioned it as an issue and had a track record of being pro-EU. However, he is now absolutely committed to deliver it. If you were correct the inference would be he is trying to ensure Brexit does not happen. I think this is nonsense.

Consider, he manages to prevent Brexit (that is impossible by the way - he would need to declare what he's doing - he is self serving not insane). Or (more realistically) he successfully gets the EU to agree an extension till January. At that point Corbyn will table a no confidence vote and force an election. Boris would then be up against the Brexit party for failing to hard Brexit at the end of October.

No, Boris MUST hard brexit at the end of October in order to ensure he does not have to face Farrage in a general election.

You then argue that you think Boris will leave with a deal. Really? By the end of October? How? You realise that Boris and chums have not proposed anything to the EU? They have no plan and no likely plan. All they have said is they will bin the backstop. The EU will not agree to that.....

Finally if he does leave with no deal (a possibility you eventually concede) all my comments are correct, not redundant, shirley? Leave with no deal is my take on his plan.....so....unless I am losing the powers of language how can my prediction be redundant if it turns out to be correct?

So, with all the respect I can muster, I have had quite a few different drinks in my life but I'd give a swerve to whatever you have been on because it appears to contain the psychedlic products of unnatural fermentation :lolol: :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No, Boris MUST hard brexit at the end of October in order to ensure he does not have to face Farrage in a general election.

he can campaign with the story he was thwarted by the EU and legions of remainers, had his hands tied, if you dont vote Conservative then Labour will abandon leave altogether, etc. enough to reduce the Farage vote.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have been done over by three appeal judges and a crown court one before and now these muppets.

Judges make mistakes, and these eleven will have done more damage than any in history.

Attachments

• Leave eu.png
    Leave eu.png
    535.2 KB · Views: 90

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

A less arrogant and entitled individual might have used the word "disappointed". Prisons are full of people who "profoudly disagree" with their verdict.
To say they disagree is setting up the judges as being on "the other side" and "enemies of democracy".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here