Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Yes and I honestly believe some are hanging on to try and control Cummings.

I also believe there have been negotiations going behind the scenes and a lot of what the EU say is bluster.

However, Boris has gone way too far both breaking Cabinet rules and shutting down Parliament unlawfully.

Tonight No 10 are briefing against the judges.

He simply has to go.

I have no idea how much influence the Cabinet vs Cummings over the PM, but imagine if this is a restrained Cummings! I don't think there are any significant EU discussions taking place we're not aware of, anything positive r.e. negotiations would get out somehow. The EU wants stability, any bluster would be tempered by the fact that.

He has gone too far though. He has burned a great deal of political bridges today. I can't believe that his most senior front benches aren't worried that by not speaking up they'll be tarred with the same brush as him.

The next few days in the HoC will be poisonous, and rightly so. He's brought genuine shame on his office.

Does anyone know if a normal proroguation requires legal advice from the Attorney General to confirm it is lawful?

As far as I understand it it, no. The AG's advice was sought because this prorogation was... unusual. The AG thought it was justifiable as it wasn't for political reasons (it wasn't, but the AG stated it was, therefore all above board).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet leavers want to do this on a national level and it is ok?
But ****ing hypocrytical.

I'm sure we can find someone who has a relative who died of a coronary when Brexit was announced. FFS. Time Mouldy subbed himself off, I recon. Having him on IGNORE isn't enough. Talk about total lack of any insight and perspective whatsoever. And playing the 'poor me' card. :facepalm:

Anyway, I think it's just a wind up. Top bombing.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm sure we can find someone who has a relative who died of a coronary when Brexit was announced. FFS. Time Mouldy subbed himself off, I recon. Having him on IGNORE isn't enough. Talk about total lack of any insight and perspective whatsoever. And playing the 'poor me' card. :facepalm:

Anyway, I think it's just a wind up. Top bombing.

Likewise. A bit too coincidental re: the prank call, for my liking. It's the kind of reply the Dropsy Fairy would have liked to have made, if they could string a sentence together, that didn't consist mainly of 'leave means leave', etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm voting for the bloke who went to a remembrance service and wore the wrong coat , rather than the right **** that lied to parliament and The Queen .

By rights the Queen's liar should be executed for treason. And people moan about Corbyn for having a chat and a pint with Gerry Adams? ??? Perspective.

chinwag.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As much as yesterday's ruling is great news, the way this country is at the moment, I fully expect Johnson to have the last laugh. Or at least for him to walk away Scott free from his despicable activities.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
As much as yesterday's ruling is great news, the way this country is at the moment, I fully expect Johnson to have the last laugh. Or at least for him to walk away Scott free from his despicable activities.

Same, despressing isn't it.

Trump too, he'll get a second term. The ****.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As noted above, and same question to you - how do we prevent Boris fluffing the negotiation on purpose and our tumbling out with no deal on the 31st? We may have a law saying we can't hard Brexit and must ask for an extension, but what is to stop Boris fluffing the request? Do you think the EU will let this rumble on and on, like Hans Blix having his weapons inspections thwarted by Saddam for ten years and just saying 'oh well, never mind' or will the EU just tell us to '**** off now, go on, **** off'? ??? Well?

First and foremost, I'm not actually convinced that Johnson actually WANTS the country to leave the EU. As I've stated numerous times before, I don't believe a word the guy says and the more he keeps banging his gums about "October 31st" (It's the 31st of October in this country you big cocking PUDDING, but anyway), the less convinced I am of it actually happening.

BUT, addressing your devil's advocate vision (and slightly related to the above) I don't believe he'll leave without a deal. I don;t believe he's working hard to get a new deal, like he says, but I still don't believe the bluster.

If he DOES leave with no deal, the rest of your comment is redundant because Brexit would've happened and who knows what will happen to the country and the political parties after that? :shrug:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Just cancel brexit, someone, anyone, please....!

[tweet]1176605247072026624[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry to piss on your parade but shouting out cancel Brexit doesn't work the referendum result still stands , get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

The government shouldn’t cancel Brexit, it would be in democratic. This will be the job of the people next year.

Get ready for an informed referendum once Corbyn in Prime Minister in a few months.

Which way will you vote?

[emoji106]

Jan 30, 2008
The government shouldn’t cancel Brexit, it would be in democratic. This will be the job of the people next year.

Get ready for an informed referendum once Corbyn in Prime Minister in a few months.

Which way will you vote?

[emoji106]
Waiting patiently, Corbyn not worth a **** and deep down Labour know it ,keep up the bravado though :thumbsup:
Regards
DF

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry to piss on your parade but shouting out cancel Brexit doesn't work the referendum result still stands , get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

Almost all people looking at my post : Oh look it's Jim Davidson and Bobby Davro. *Joke understood*

Das Reich looking at my post : Oh it's wife beating racist Jim Davidosn, good lad, leave means leave etc. *Joke not understood*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here