Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
There are many more immigrants than Europeans. Do you really think that bureaucracy & red tape will sort out who can come in & who can't?

No system is perfect however before we opened our doors far fewer migrants came here so I guess our system worked.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In the same way that the Dutch and Irish Maastricht votes were one offs? Europe has form in this regard.

Frankly, I don't think the Scottish referendum will turn out to be a one off either. I'd be surprised if they don't engineer a second vote within the next decade.

This is not about Europe's 'form'. As you indicate, the Dutch and Irish votes were about the Maastricht Treaty, and that treaty was amended as a consequence of those votes. This is about UK membership of the EU. What the EU wants is immaterial on this; it's merely about what the UK electorate decides. It's a big, big decision that's in the current UK electorate's hands and the repercussions are long-term. That is what the situation is. Speculation is merely a distraction from the starkness of that situation.

And as regards a further Scottish referendum, at present, that's just not on the cards, not least because it's not in the SNP's interest to call for another one (which is why they're not pushing for one). I'll add my caveat to that. If the UK pulls out of the EU that situation will change dramatically, and there will be another Scottish referendum, and the Scots will pull out.

In other words, this EU/UK referendum is about the future of two unions.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
QUESTION
Watching City in the Sky (BBC) they spoke about the A380 Airbus which is built partly in Wales. If (when) we leave will there be a tax on the bits we send over which I believe is the tail? Will there be a stoppage on 24th June for two years whilst we discuss this? Genuine question, although a bit stupid, there must be 1000's of other small companies in the same situation.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Sun supports leave probably because it is reflecting it's readership's views and the Times will most likely support Remain reflecting it's readership's views ... both owned by the Dark Lord.

I'd rather admit to reading the Sun than the Guardian :D

I read the Times a fair bit. I would be surprised if they supported Remain.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
QUESTION
Watching City in the Sky (BBC) they spoke about the A380 Airbus which is built partly in Wales. If (when) we leave will there be a tax on the bits we send over which I believe is the tail? Will there be a stoppage on 24th June for two years whilst we discuss this? Genuine question, although a bit stupid, there must be 1000's of other small companies in the same situation.

We send the wings so do you really think Airbus will wait for 2 years with hangars full of A380's without wings or quickly get it sorted ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have to be a total simpleton to vote one way or another purely to spite a newspaper .

In fact if you're that thick you probably shouldn't be allowed to vote at all

Agreed

And a total cretin to vote how a newspaper tells you.

Hmmmm

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murdoch was always going to be against the EU. He has a lot of influence in the UK. He can't control Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here