Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
When we leave other countries will follow and that will be the end of the EU.What does that tell you.It tells you that the people of Europe have had enough.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just me and you Rivet

loverly straw man being constructed there. Brexit isnt trying for a divorce with all rights and privileges remaining, we dont want all rights a privileges remaining. we just expect some sensible trade arrangments, based on the simple premise its in their interests to play fair.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
loverly straw man being constructed there. Brexit isnt trying for a divorce with all rights and privileges remaining, we dont want all rights a privileges remaining. we just expect some sensible trade arrangments, based on the simple premise its in their interests to play fair.

Quite.

VE day 24th June

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Great point made on TV tonight.Merkel feels she can do as she pleases with Germany and invite millions of Syrians etc however in the future they will be entitled to come to the UK if we stay in the EU.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Migration v Economy I think we should stay in but fight to change rules on migration if we don't work together we might as well give up. But which ever way you think please vote in what could be the biggest decision the UK will take and it will affect everyone now and in the future.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
When we leave other countries will follow and that will be the end of the EU.What does that tell you.It tells you that the people of Europe have had enough.

Yes and what a great thing that would be to return to the situation where Europe is a competing collection of fully independent states driven by the agenda of nationalism and self interest. We should remember the real reason that the European project was started in the first place: to end the perpetual, frequent and bloody wars, which culminated in the Second World War.

The greatest Britain of all time Churchill recognised the important of cooperation between European states to promote stability in 1946 he said: ‘We must build a kind of United States of Europe.. The structure of the United States of Europe, if well and truly built, will be such as to make the material strength of a single state less important.. If at first all the States of Europe are not willing or able to join the Union, we must nevertheless proceed to assemble and combine those who will and those who can.’

In a world of emerging superpowers we are safer together than going it alone. The EU is by no means perfect however we all live in a much more favourable situation that we have going back through History. we have relative prosperity, democracy, rights and are as safe from conflict as you can be in an uncertain world. All you leave voters be careful what you wish for!

D

Deleted member 22389

Migration v Economy I think we should stay in but fight to change rules on migration if we don't work together we might as well give up. But which ever way you think please vote in what could be the biggest decision the UK will take and it will affect everyone now and in the future.

I wouldn't be voting to Leave If I knew there was a very large scope to reform within the EU. In the EU's own words Free Movement is non negotiable, and here is problem. We are on the verge of Brexit, you would think the EU would be doing everything it could to make sure they give us some reforms we want, but we get nothing. That tells you all you need to know about the EU.

Along with Cameron's constant scaremongering, Labours complete denial of free movement whatsoever, there is seriously nobody to vote for anymore in this country. If we don't Leave, nothing is going to change ever. I can also see UKIP doing an SNP in this country.

Last edited by a moderator:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sadly we have been trying for years and years, they just say no....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
"We fight not for glory nor for wealth nor honours; but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." - Bernard de Linton, The Declaration of Arbroath, 1320

#VoteLeave

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
What I am saying I think the boat pepole are making several EU Countries start to question free movement but if we pull out can you see the French continuing to stop the migrants at the French camps on there coast no. We do protect our boarders.from outside Europe and just recently didint the Brighton hospital trust bring in a load of nurses from the Far East.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
"We fight not for glory nor for wealth nor honours; but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life." - Bernard de Linton, The Declaration of Arbroath, 1320

#VoteLeave

Back in 1320 yes, but when you already have freedom, what are you fighting for?

D

Deleted member 22389

What I am saying I think the boat pepole are making several EU Countries start to question free movement but if we pull out can you see the French continuing to stop the migrants at the French camps on there coast no. We do protect our boarders.from outside Europe and just recently didint the Brighton hospital trust bring in a load of nurses from the Far East.

I think this is a separate agreement we have with the French and has nothing to do with EU membership. On that score if the French wanted to let 6,000+ people over they would have done it by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here