Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Rather than keep trawling google for reports to support your case accept that there are also reports that say the opposite.The reality is no-one knows what will happen if we leave or stay from an economic point of view.Forecasts etc are irrelevant.Whether or not we have benefitted from migrants cannot be said for certain.What can be said for certain is that we have too many migrants,will have too many in the new few years if we don't leave and do not make all our own laws.These are facts so I'm voting on facts not guesswork.

Please show me reports that say the opposite because I haven't seen them.

Also it is your opinion that we 'have too many migrants', that is not a fact.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A rest would be good I agree but then, I wouldn't want to miss you would I? Mr aptly named Wrong-Direction.
Save your breath, you'll need it for your blow up doll.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My you are a coarse one are you not? Language like that could stereotype you. Oh wait again, you've already managed that quite well.
Yeah sure, out of us two I'm the one that stereotypes lol now you make me laugh!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Good, we laugh together then however I am pleased I don't share your views at all. X
You mean my views that this referendum is a waste of time and won't make a blind bit of difference to the real issues our country faces? Fine your loss mate

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You mean my views that this referendum is a waste of time and won't make a blind bit of difference to the real issues our country faces? Fine your loss mate

Finally, we'll see wont we. Now be a good boy and behave without further sewer language.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Finally, we'll see wont we. Now be a good boy and behave without further sewer language.
We certainly will, and I was messing, don't be so sensitive[emoji8]

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Economists are not like Doctors, although they often like to present themselves that way.

Trusting an economist to be correct is similar to trusting a bookmaker to be correct. Except, unlike economists, when a bookmaker is wrong they have to pay for it.

Economists are like Doctors, they have their tools to work with and both make diagnosis. You can get a second opinion on both, both can be wrong but rare. As I said earlier Economists don't choose policies they implement them.

The problem with Laymen is they dont know where economic tools end and politics begins., You are a classic example of this.

If I was diagnosed with Measles and offered a cure by a doctor I could question the Diagnosis or the cure offered, a second opinion.I wouldn't start arguing the toss about what measles actually was, this is what you in effect are doing.

You dont understand economics, you grab one article on Political economy by a maverick then rather than use it to bash political economy, you use it to bash the science in economics and offer up to non scientific disciplines as a solution to your perceived view of the lack of science.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Probably the greatest fraud of this referendum is that perpetrated by the politicians on themselves. The cry that labour needs to mobilise its voters to vote for remain, treats us all like sheep doing as we are told by thieving, lying and corrupt politicians. The wheeling out of Blair, liar and war monger, in Northern Ireland to threaten the people of that provinve with a return to troubled times if we leave. Gordon Brown, a failed Prime Minister, telling us to vote from the heart and believe him and John Major to rant, most uncharacteristically, telling us to vote. The politicians queried their patch at the beginning of this referendum and few now believe any figures that are now given to us.
The politicians and the journalists living in their unattached to reality world don't get it yet, their focus groups have not yet told them, the people do not trust you, your threats transparent, your figures are guesses and predictions are just that. Every time a politician quotes us a figure, it has the opposite effect. This referendum is being fought between the intellectually elite and the rest. Lets trust in the people of this country.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
According to the FT, European leaders are preparing "first statements to reassure markets" in the event of Brexit. So, for weeks they have been predicting Armageddon and then on the 24th they're going to say, "Only kidding!" Just ridiculous. And we're expected to entrust our future to these people?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably the greatest fraud of this referendum is that perpetrated by the politicians on themselves. The cry that labour needs to mobilise its voters to vote for remain, treats us all like sheep doing as we are told by thieving, lying and corrupt politicians. The wheeling out of Blair, liar and war monger, in Northern Ireland to threaten the people of that provinve with a return to troubled times if we leave. Gordon Brown, a failed Prime Minister, telling us to vote from the heart and believe him and John Major to rant, most uncharacteristically, telling us to vote. The politicians queried their patch at the beginning of this referendum and few now believe any figures that are now given to us.
The politicians and the journalists living in their unattached to reality world don't get it yet, their focus groups have not yet told them, the people do not trust you, your threats transparent, your figures are guesses and predictions are just that. Every time a politician quotes us a figure, it has the opposite effect. This referendum is being fought between the intellectually elite and the rest. Lets trust in the people of this country.

I'm putting you down as a 'Leave' voter then!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
According to the FT, European leaders are preparing "first statements to reassure markets" in the event of Brexit. So, for weeks they have been predicting Armageddon and then on the 24th they're going to say, "Only kidding!" Just ridiculous. And we're expected to entrust our future to these people?

Did you re read what you posted or have I missed something? They are preparing statements to reassure markets because they think there will be volatility if there is a Brexit vote. If they didn't think there would be any adverse affects on markets then they wouldn't feel the need to prepare statements!!!!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Surely it would be perfectly rational of them to try to limit any negative effects on the Market my providing some reassurance that there was no immediate danger to stability??!

Most of the narrative from EU leaders has been about the longer term consequences for the UK and I don't think you will find them being played down at all if a Brexit occurs. Playing down the consequences could be very dangerous for the EU as other countries might start to think 'if the Brits can do it. why can't we'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Please show me reports that say the opposite because I haven't seen them.

Also it is your opinion that we 'have too many migrants', that is not a fact.

Beat me too it. Throughout this debate all we have heard from Maldini is his opinion but wrapped up (by him) as fact!!

It would be good if he did actually do some quick google searches (other search engines are available) to support his 'theory'.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

:facepalm:

Come on man. Think.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
:facepalm:

Come on man. Think.

If the markets can be reassured after a brexit vote then I have to ask why the scaremongering gets such importance.
Markets are markets, no sovereign bias, no continent bias, no loyalty to anything but money. The new GOD.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If the markets can be reassured after a brexit vote then I have to ask why the scaremongering gets such importance.
Markets are markets, no sovereign bias, no continent bias, no loyalty to anything but money. The new GOD.
Money has always been God.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here