Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Proved himself to be a total coward when push comes to shove on his principles.

He's no leader.

He is the Labour leader, voted in by the party members and the unions. As a leader sometimes you have to make difficult choices for the best interest of your country. That is what he has done. He should hold his head high

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He is the Labour leader, voted in by the party members and the unions. As a leader sometimes you have to make difficult choices for the best interest of your country. That is what he has done. He should hold his head high

:lolol:

:bowdown:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Broadening our horizons by requiring a visa to enter France

i dont know exactly how old you are but before you were born and before we signed up to free movement you didnt need a visa to enter France.
And you wont need one to enter france after a brexit either,you will still be able to go on day trips to Calais and have a holiday in Normandy visa free......to say otherwise is very uninformed

Why stop there? Why not a sussex parliament? Or why not a Brighton only parliament? Actually, why not parliaments for each street? Or house?
Are you in favour of no government at all and a form of anarchy then? (I have no problem with that but just curious as to why you stop at England)

A parliament for elm grove would be a bit daft as would a parliament for no.27
i dont know why you stopped at a house tbh,why not mention a parliament for each room or one for the garden :facepalm:

Draw a circle round your house with the thread of what's left of your flag of st George, close the curtains and hold onto yesteryear for dear life.
Vote leave.

alternatively break free from the insular EU which insists we stay behind the curtains only letting us play with the people outside if we hold their hand....... and broaden our trading horizons globally

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

It is a shame that the party machine has managed to quash his Bennite tendencies on the matter. After all, he voted against membership in 1975 and opposed the subsequent Maastricht and Lisbon treaties.
In Corbyn’s own words, TTIP negotiations “are rooms on either side of the Atlantic stuffed full of highly effective corporate lobbyists doing their best to develop their own interests”. Over the summer of 2015 we saw the Troika’s brutal treatment of Greece and according to Yanis Varoufakis, there was a “point blank to refusal to engage in economic arguments” and that he “might as well have sung the Swedish national anthem”.
Mr Corbyn has expressed Eurosceptic arguments in the past - in 1993, he spoke out against the Maastricht Treaty which established the European Union and moved towards economic and political union.

The treaty, Mr Corbyn said, "takes away from national parliaments the power to set economic policy and hands it over to an unelected set of bankers who will impose the economic policies of price stability, deflation and high unemployment throughout the European Community".

He voted against the Lisbon Treaty in 2008, and in one article on his website, said the EU had "always suffered a serious democratic deficit".

HOW HIGH SHOULD HE HOLD HIS HEAD.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Put me on ignore.

and miss cunning fergus tearing your arguments to shreds time after time?

not likely

What's there to understand? Immigration immigration immigration.
I understand that. The talk of better business and trading is total codswallop.

You must have missed the debating bits on

Democracy
Accountability
Sovereignty
Security

or do you just cherry pick?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
i dont know exactly how old you are but before you were born and before we signed up to free movement you didnt need a visa to enter France.
And you wont need one to enter france after a brexit either,you will still be able to go on day trips to Calais and have a holiday in Normandy visa free......to say otherwise is very uninformed

A parliament for elm grove would be a bit daft as would a parliament for no.27
i dont know why you stopped at a house tbh,why not mention a parliament for each room or one for the garden :facepalm:

alternatively break free from the insular EU which insists we stay behind the curtains only letting us play with the people outside if we hold their hand....... and broaden our trading horizons globally

My mistake, passport controls then.

larus

Why stop there? Why not a sussex parliament? Or why not a Brighton only parliament? Actually, why not parliaments for each street? Or house?
Are you in favour of no government at all and a form of anarchy then? (I have no problem with that but just curious as to why you stop at England)

Well, we do. And the level of power is relevant as well.

We have town councils.
We have parish councils.
We have county councils.

And, the IMPORTANT THING is they are elected. Unlike the EU PRESIDENT and the COMMISSIONERS.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But if the level of the GDP has remained the same or increased then there is still more to trade with than before? Alsi, the EU must trade outside of itself as well! Who would you rather trade with an entity as large as the EU with around 10-20% of the worlds GDP or a small island with a fraction of that?

i'd rather trade with 100% of the world unfettered. i dont know if you mis-understanding is wilfull or genuine example of how some people dont get it. outside the EU we'd be able to arrange trade agreements to our benefit with the other 80% of the worlds economy, instead of being tied to a deal with 20%. so while the cost of a Merc or Bollinger might go up (if they dont want to do a sensible arrangment), the cost of a Lexus and new world wines would go a bit lower, and the cost of Jaguars and Ridgeview would be a cheaper abroad so improving thier sales. they'll be winners and losers, but then that the case now, difference would be we'd have more say than having to address the interests of 20 odd others.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It is a shame that the party machine has managed to quash his Bennite tendencies on the matter. After all, he voted against membership in 1975 and opposed the subsequent Maastricht and Lisbon treaties.
In Corbyn’s own words, TTIP negotiations “are rooms on either side of the Atlantic stuffed full of highly effective corporate lobbyists doing their best to develop their own interests”. Over the summer of 2015 we saw the Troika’s brutal treatment of Greece and according to Yanis Varoufakis, there was a “point blank to refusal to engage in economic arguments” and that he “might as well have sung the Swedish national anthem”.
Mr Corbyn has expressed Eurosceptic arguments in the past - in 1993, he spoke out against the Maastricht Treaty which established the European Union and moved towards economic and political union.

The treaty, Mr Corbyn said, "takes away from national parliaments the power to set economic policy and hands it over to an unelected set of bankers who will impose the economic policies of price stability, deflation and high unemployment throughout the European Community".

He voted against the Lisbon Treaty in 2008, and in one article on his website, said the EU had "always suffered a serious democratic deficit".

HOW HIGH SHOULD HE HOLD HIS HEAD.

When the Facts Change, Corbyn Changes His Mind.......and no don't ask me what facts, ask Corbyn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here