Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Protectionist customs union that protects British industry and agriculture. Broaden our horizons by immolating our trade agreements, broaden our horizons by killing access to the biggest and richest market in the world. Broadening our horizons by requiring a visa to enter France or Ireland. Brexit is better described as Operation Drawbridge.

Blimey, sounds like a Thomas Cook Getaway advert, or a sales pitch for a fantastic new career.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why stop there? Why not a sussex parliament? Or why not a Brighton only parliament? Actually, why not parliaments for each street? Or house?
Are you in favour of no government at all and a form of anarchy then? (I have no problem with that but just curious as to why you stop at England)

Quite. I look forward to Soulman's reply.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Mr Corbyn said: "We, the Labour Party, are overwhelmingly for staying in". Fairly black and white

The Labour party are, they made it clear that if they won the election we wouldn't even get a referendum.

Corbyn is just towing the party line, some leader ey?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because that's where Englands' borders actually are? Just a guess.

You're completely missing the point. Have a think, and have another go.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why stop there? Why not a sussex parliament? Or why not a Brighton only parliament? Actually, why not parliaments for each street? Or house?
Are you in favour of no government at all and a form of anarchy then? (I have no problem with that but just curious as to why you stop at England)

Ok, as you are being a bit silly. England is the only country in the civilised world that does not have its own Parliament. See Scotland, Wales and NI.
Our country, not counties, should have its own parliament imo.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Certainly not stopping at the UK as that won't survive in the current format following a Brexit

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just so long as we don't go for the German model of regional parliaments-utterly mired in corruption and inertia

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok, as you are being a bit silly. England is the only country in the civilised world that does not have its own Parliament.

i guess this depends how you define civilised. Care to give your definition?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Mr Corbyn said: "We, the Labour Party, are overwhelmingly for staying in". Fairly black and white

I agree that's their stated position although if Corbyn had held to his life long principles he would be in the Leave camp. Perhaps he feels slightly uncomfortable standing shoulder to shoulder with bankers , big business and the Tory Government all warmly applauding him, patting him on the back as he says the EU is great for protecting workers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just so long as we don't go for the German model of regional parliaments-utterly mired in corruption and inertia[/QUOTE]

WASH your mouth out with soap! :lolol:

Everything is perfect over there, we even have an ''informed'' poster to PROVE it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I agree that's their stated position although if Corbyn had held to his life long principles he would be in the Leave camp. Perhaps he feels slightly uncomfortable standing shoulder to shoulder with bankers , big business and the Tory Government all warmly applauding him, patting him on the back as he says the EU is great for protecting workers.

He has seen the light.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Proved himself to be a total coward when push comes to shove on his principles.

He's no leader.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
WASH your mouth out with soap! :lolol:

Everything is perfect over there, we even have an ''informed'' poster to PROVE it.

You seem obsessed with me. It's a bit weird. Put me on ignore.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yep, i am happy with that, and while we are at it we should have an English Parliament consisting of English MP's obviously, unlike about 660 MP's of which about 110 are from the other UK countries but get to vote on English issues only.
Good shout Lincoln Imp, glad you are on board.
I've no problem with regions such as Scotland campaigning to become free-standing nations but that mustn't be confused with the Brexit campaign. Scotland is part of a larger country. The U.K. isn't.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Draw a circle round your house with the thread of what's left of your flag of st George, close the curtains and hold onto yesteryear.
Vote leave.

A cracking example of how remainers totally do not under stand those who want to leave the EU.

We don;t want to return to the 1950's, we want to move into the future where we deal with the whole world and not some outdated 70's trading block that has turned into a political superstate and is driving for further integration and stripping away national identity.

In the EU the future is just that, more and more EU, and when we're dead and gone Britain will just be another state swallowed up with no identity of its own. Its happening around you now, you're just not seeing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here