Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Britain has fallen from the top to the bottom of the league of G7 leading economies in the year since the Brexit vote.....

:shit:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You should accept that we've voted to LEAVE and get behind it. Embrace it.

Talking of accepting things, given that even the director of Vote Leave accepts that without a grubby lie the Brexiteers wouldn't have had their majority I'll pass on the embracing if that's OK.

Obviously though, notwithstanding the way in which it was achieved, I accept that on 23 June 2016 more people ticked a box called Leave than one called Remain. I also accept that a fat philandering comedian is representing our nation to the world, that our EU negotiator is apparently as thick as mince, that our senior trade envoy is a leading expenses thief and that all three of them were appointed because they were hard Brexiteers by a dead duck prime minister so bereft of power that a leading Tory said this morning that Britain doesn't so much have a government as a hostage situation.

And, sadly, I also have to accept that this hopeless crew, with help from their soulmates and even the 'party opposite' are for the moment turning our country into a global laughing stock. But don't ask me to get behind it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Talking of accepting things, given that even the director of Vote Leave accepts that without a grubby lie the Brexiteers wouldn't have had their majority I'll pass on the embracing if that's OK.

Obviously though, notwithstanding the way in which it was achieved, I accept that on 23 June 2016 more people ticked a box called Leave than one called Remain. I also accept that a fat philandering comedian is representing our nation to the world, that our EU negotiator is apparently as thick as mince, that our senior trade envoy is a leading expenses thief and that all three of them were appointed because they were hard Brexiteers by a dead duck prime minister so bereft of power that a leading Tory said this morning that Britain doesn't so much have a government as a hostage situation.

And, sadly, I also have to accept that this hopeless crew, with help from their soulmates and even the 'party opposite' are for the moment turning our country into a global laughing stock. But don't ask me to get behind it.

We could also accept that leaving the EU, if indeed we do, can take many forms. Norway are not in the EU but enjoy the benefits of the EEA and the European single market and the freedom of movement of people. Switzerland is not in the EEA but are part of the European single market and movement of people. We could take these options and still meet the advisory result of the referendum. For example :)

D

Deleted member 22389

It's a free world we can do what we want. The EU doesn't own us. We don't owe the EU anything, if anything that owe us. They need to stop telling everyone what to do, people want freedom from these type of people. Why do you let the EU bully this country? We have sent billions of pounds to that organisation over the years which has helped the poorer countries in the EU develop, it's now time we got something back.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Contrary to the above posts most remainers DO NOT accept the ref result and in doing so democracy itself. These individuals say they accept but whine like stuck pigs.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's a free world we can do what we want. The EU doesn't own us. We don't owe the EU anything, if anything that owe us. They need to stop telling everyone what to do, people want freedom from these type of people.

Let's see how much Davis brings back with him following his negotiations:lolol: just guessing but I think he is paying not receiving

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Contrary to the above posts most remainers DO NOT accept the ref result and in doing so democracy itself. These individuals say they accept but whine like stuck pigs.

Classic brexiteer belittling. Looks like we are leaving, the advisory referendum is being actioned. But looking very expensive in many ways. But I think people are accepting we will be poorer. But there is growing momentum for a relationship that looks a lot like Norway and Switzerland, out of Europe but in the single market and with some free movement of people. All 100% in line with the referendum question the population answered.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Here we go again where pointing out the negatives and risks in leaving remain voters are said to be whining undemocratic or the most laughable unpatriotic.

No everyone must be positive and say everything is going to be wonderful.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Let's not forget project fears lies shall we?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We could also accept that leaving the EU, if indeed we do, can take many forms. Norway are not in the EU but enjoy the benefits of the EEA and the European single market and the freedom of movement of people. Switzerland is not in the EEA but are part of the European single market and movement of people. We could take these options and still meet the advisory result of the referendum. For example :)
Do you ever listen to what is being said from the EU?
You really should stop relying on a cake and eat it Norway model, we don’t want it and even the EU negotiator has said its not possible given our red lines and the sort of free trade deal we are seeking.
I know you see it as a step to remaining in the EU by the back door but it is a fantasy both sides agree cant happen.

"We will obviously continue to trade with the United Kingdom.
The future trade deal with the United Kingdom will be particular, as it will be less about building convergence, and more about controlling future divergence. This is key to establishing fair competition.
Naturally, if the United Kingdom wanted to go further than the type of free trade agreement we have just signed with Canada, there are other models on the table.
For example, Norway and Iceland have chosen to be in the Single Market, to accept the rules, and to contribute financially to cohesion policy.
But one thing is sure: it is not – and will not – be possible for a third country to have the same benefits as the Norwegian model but the limited obligations of the Canadian model.
And naturally, any agreement must respect the regulatory autonomy of the EU, as well as the integrity of its legal order."

M. Barnier 21/09/17
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-17-3404_en.htm

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Classic brexiteer belittling. Looks like we are leaving, the advisory referendum is being actioned. But looking very expensive in many ways. But I think people are accepting we will be poorer. But there is growing momentum for a relationship that looks a lot like Norway and Switzerland, out of Europe but in the single market and with some free movement of people. All 100% in line with the referendum question the population answered.

Hardly. The question was Leave or stay. It was spelled out by every politician and party. NO paying the EU for anything. Our rules on immigration. No ECJ interference. No customs union. Out was out completely. Without All of those things we are still tied to Brussels and those disgusting ideologies they espouse.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Obvious pre-big match nerves from our remainer contingent tonight,looking to vent their excess negativity ahead of kick off :)

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Here we go again where pointing out the negatives and risks in leaving remain voters are said to be whining undemocratic or the most laughable unpatriotic.

No everyone must be positive and say everything is going to be wonderful.

Bollocks you can point out the problems by all means but that is not what you remainers are doing is it? You are trying to stay as closely tied to your masters as possible.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Do you ever listen to what is being said from the EU?
You really should stop relying on a cake and eat it Norway model, we don’t want it and even the EU negotiator has said its not possible given our red lines and the sort of free trade deal we are seeking.
I know you see it as a step to remaining in the EU by the back door but it is a fantasy both sides agree cant happen.

"We will obviously continue to trade with the United Kingdom.
The future trade deal with the United Kingdom will be particular, as it will be less about building convergence, and more about controlling future divergence. This is key to establishing fair competition.
Naturally, if the United Kingdom wanted to go further than the type of free trade agreement we have just signed with Canada, there are other models on the table.
For example, Norway and Iceland have chosen to be in the Single Market, to accept the rules, and to contribute financially to cohesion policy.
But one thing is sure: it is not – and will not – be possible for a third country to have the same benefits as the Norwegian model but the limited obligations of the Canadian model.
And naturally, any agreement must respect the regulatory autonomy of the EU, as well as the integrity of its legal order."

M. Barnier 21/09/17
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-17-3404_en.htm

The red lines, as far as we know them, are a political construct post the referendum. Our political parties have different views of red lines and within those parties there are different views. There is no one view of exit, much a brexiteers like to pretend there is. The question we were all asked was should the U.K. Remain a member of the Eu or leave the Eu. Neither norway or Switzerland are in the European so those models are 100% consistent with the referendum. There is no deficit in democracy here.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Hardly. The question was Leave or stay. It was spelled out by every politician and party. NO paying the EU for anything. Our rules on immigration. No ECJ interference. No customs union. Out was out completely. Without All of those things we are still tied to Brussels and those disgusting ideologies they espouse.

No the question was should the U.K. Remain as a member of the Eu or leave the Eu. your narrative was not on the ballot, you choose to frame it that way. Check the question on the ballot again. Norway is out of the Eu, so is Switzerland. Check this, you,will find that is the case. We would be completely aligned to the referendum

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The red lines, as far as we know them, are a political construct post the referendum. Our political parties have different views of red lines and within those parties there are different views. There is no one view of exit, much a brexiteers like to pretend there is. The question we were all asked was should the U.K. Remain a member of the Eu or leave the Eu. Neither norway or Switzerland are in the European so those models are 100% consistent with the referendum. There is no deficit in democracy here.

Go and tell M Barnier he doesnt know what he is talking about then.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

You choose to have selective memory. Countless times on here and on political talk shows replays of what was said pre-voting have been played to humiliate those that have that selective memory. You have no shame. Pathetic.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Go and tell M Barnier he doesnt know what he is talking about then.

No, That is not right. This is your quote above

"Naturally, if the United Kingdom wanted to go further than the type of free trade agreement we have just signed with Canada, there are other models on the table.

He is saying you can't pick and mix. He s saying can be out of the Eu and have the Norway model, you can be out of the Eu and have the Canada model, you can't have the cake and it it by choosing elements that only benefit the U.K. so as I said, we can leave the eu as prepped the referendum and have the Norway model, or the Switzerland one. They are not in the eu, check it out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here