Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
day dreamer, better of saving £350 million a week and putting it back into THIS country
regards
DR

Bloody hell! EU membership costs us £18.5 billion a year :)

I'll give you points for trying to be funny.

However, I'll still refer posters to the answer I gave sometime ago.

Sent from my iPhone using pineapple upside-down cake

Jan 30, 2008
what ever it costs it's money down the drain, propping up country's who are in for what they can cream out of the EU AT OUR EXPENSE
regards
DR

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The US after lecturing us to stay in the EU slap a tax on Chinese steel imports.
Why didn't we do that to protect our industry?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Don't worry your comedy post of the year effort is safe, no one will ever surpass the "In the real world, German influence on EU policy is no greater than ours." gem :D

You'll have to explain to me how a one member one vote in the European Council works then. Where Germany has one vote and we have one vote.

Perhaps our influence would be enhanced further if we participated in the EU?

These emotive arguments about the German influence get spread and over inflated. It's all part of that crooked thinking and not reasoned thinking.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
always makes me laugh this

the french will riot in the Streets if they think they can't retire at 60!

yet expect every other mug to pay for them

and we will :facepalm:

were just too polite

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
always makes me laugh this

the french will riot in the Streets if they think they can't retire at 60!

yet expect every other mug to pay for them

and we will :facepalm:

were just too polite

Except we don't pay for the French benefits system anymore than the Germans pay for ours.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You'll have to explain to me how a one member one vote in the European Council works then. Where Germany has one vote and we have one vote.

Perhaps our influence would be enhanced further if we participated in the EU?

These emotive arguments about the German influence get spread and over inflated. It's all part of that crooked thinking and not reasoned thinking.

If your naive enough to think influencing EU policy only occurs during votes in the Council of Ministers then I can understand why you hold many of your delusional misinformed opinions.

I already pointed out Cameron's capitulation on the EU immigration restrictions after Germany said nein.

The whole point of the EU project is to limit German power/influence which it has to some extent but it in reality they still have a disproportionate say and the overall direction of the EU is guided from Berlin.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The whole point of the EU project is to limit German power/influence which it has to some extent but it in reality they still have a disproportionate say and the overall direction of the EU is guided from Berlin.

I agree that the European project was set up to ensure 'never again' (war in Europe). But to imply that Germany have now won the war by other means (no doubt you are familiar with Carl von Clausewitz) is a bit much. And let us imagime for a moment that German do now run 'Europe'. How muh safer will we become by flouncing off? Personally Germany worruies me (always has) and I feel much safer fuelling their guilt over WW2 and nudging them gently into the sunshine via our 'membership'.

I don't look at this thread very often but it seems to have become very nuanced. I don't think that anything that anyone posts on here will change any minds.

All the best!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I agree that the European project was set up to ensure 'never again' (war in Europe). But to imply that Germany have now won the war by other means (no doubt you are familiar with Carl von Clausewitz) is a bit much. And let us imagime for a moment that German do now run 'Europe'. How muh safer will we become by flouncing off? Personally Germany worruies me (always has) and I feel much safer fuelling their guilt over WW2 and nudging them gently into the sunshine via our 'membership'.

I don't look at this thread very often but it seems to have become very nuanced. I don't think that anything that anyone posts on here will change any minds.

All the best!

It is certainly true nuance is often lost in these threads. I don't think having a disproportionate influence or guiding the direction of the EU can be interpreted as Germany winning the war!

I'm astounded anyone can be content with a British Prime Minister needing permission from the Germans to increase control of our borders but that is the situation we find ourselves in.

Agree with you this thread isn't about changing minds it's about arguing the toss for no apparent reason. :D

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If your naive enough to think influencing EU policy only occurs during votes in the Council of Ministers then I can understand why you hold many of your delusional misinformed opinions.

I already pointed out Cameron's capitulation on the EU immigration restrictions after Germany said nein.

That is just not true. None of it. And it shows you have no idea how the EU works.

Go away and do your homework on it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
so we retire at 67

and the french at 60

that's a yes vote!

You do know that the French pay for their benefits system and that we pay for ours. You do know that?

You do know that our government decides how our budget is set and what is put towards benefits?

That's a really important point. We control what is spent on benefits in the UK and not the EU. Just as HMRC decided which tax dodgers to go after and which not to go after.

This perhaps explains why the French are going after 10 times the amount of tax we have got out of Google.

These are massively important points to make.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
You do know that the French pay for their benefits system and that we pay for ours. You do know that?

You do know that our government decides how our budget is set and what is put towards benefits?

That's a really important point. We control what is spent on benefits in the UK and not the EU. Just as HMRC decided which tax dodgers to go after and which not to go after.

This perhaps explains why the French are going after 10 times the amount of tax we have got out of Google.

These are massively important points to make.

so what is the point of the EU?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That is just not true. None of it. And it shows you have no idea how the EU works.

Go away and do your homework on it.

Says the person who thinks every member of the EU has an equal say, EU immigration can be controlled and that the EU is reformable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just started watching the Paxman thing .... had to stop because my takeaway turned up BUT the most telling thing within the first 10 minutes is the voice over at the 'EU Visitors Centre' - " .... welcome to the EU PROJECT" .... utterly threatening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here