Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If only Farage had shrugged his shoulders and got on with his life. An object lesson in persistent one policy party, threatening to win seats from a major party to force a referendum, that no major party wanted to have.

who cares what the major parties wanted.
The people wanted a referendum and a say, the people are more important than political parties.

Plenty of remainers wanted a referendum as they were confident this "once in a lifetime" vote would put the issue to bed

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But of course the UK joined the Common Market prior to the referendum
...............but until 1975 here was no disappointing referendum result to shrug our shoulders at. And of course, up until the 1975 referendum, there was hope our fellow voters wouldn't be taken in by the very dirty 'yes' campaign, which was purely based on demonising those who opposed joining.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A remarkable effort by Farage, you'll one day have to agree - a political triumph in the face of opposition from the entire establishment, and triumph it undoubtedly was, as he achieved his aim. We have lived through, and witnessed, a bit of history.

I can applaud his tenacity and the way he took advantage of the weaknesses of the main parties. I am disgusted by his use of that poster and dismayed by his agenda.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey...seemly according to guido Fawkes, eu are saying that the right to remain is not on the table. So we will suddenly have loads of ex pats from Spain and France back and presumably. That means all the Eu citizens in the U.K. May háve to go back?

Lots of scare stories around....

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blimey...seemly according to guido Fawkes, eu are saying that the right to remain is not on the table. So we will suddenly have loads of ex pats from Spain and France back and presumably. That means all the Eu citizens in the U.K. May háve to go back?

Project Fear still alive and well and looking stupid...........

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can we go back on all the General Elections won in similar fashion?

We do, every time we have a general election we get a chance to reject those that had the reigns and did not deliver. When the deal is in front of us, and you can see what was real and what was bull, why would you not want the same opportunity?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A remarkable effort by Farage, you'll one day have to agree - a political triumph in the face of opposition from the entire establishment, and triumph it undoubtedly was, as he achieved his aim. We have lived through, and witnessed, a bit of history.

All the bile and hate aimed at UKIP.
UKIP that have no power in parliament, UKIP who have never been in power.
Maybe the hate should be aimed at the parties that HAVE been in power, have made the decisions, have called for a referendum......because as we have been told many times that UKIP have only 13% of the votes, over 4m votes, and just ONE seat. What is there to be worried about.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Project Fear still alive and well and looking stupid...........

eu are saying that the right to remain is not on the table...until the UK triggers article 50. Project misrepresent the facts still firing on all cylinders

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i see Tusk is being reported as saying their Brexit vote was motivated by "the rejection of the free movement of people and all the rights it entails"

at least Donald hasnt conveniently forgotten what was on the table during the referendum vote.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
...............but until 1975 here was no disappointing referendum result to shrug our shoulders at. And of course, up until the 1975 referendum, there was hope our fellow voters wouldn't be taken in by the very dirty 'yes' campaign, which was purely based on demonising those who opposed joining.

Trying to wiggle out of your earlier comments.

In response to

and waited patiently for the day when the EU inevitably crashes and burns.

You stated

Many of us have been waiting for that since 1975.

Therefore if you're linking your statement to the referendum then logically if there had been no referendum in 1975 or 2016 you would have been happy inside the EU given you have only stated you wanted the EU to collapse from 1975.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Trying to wiggle out of your earlier comments.

In response to

and waited patiently for the day when the EU inevitably crashes and burns.

You stated

Many of us have been waiting for that since 1975.

Therefore if you're linking your statement to the referendum then logically if there had been no referendum in 1975 or 2016 you would have been happy inside the EU given you have only stated you wanted the EU to collapse from 1975.

No. You're just being a typical remoaner, trying to twist everything to suit your views. I was never happy joining the EEU or whatever it was called back then. Of course, until the electorate were misled in 1975, there was hope. Now, thankfully, there is hope again. Not that you want to hear that, of course.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
i see Tusk is being reported as saying their Brexit vote was motivated by "the rejection of the free movement of people and all the rights it entails"

at least Donald hasnt conveniently forgotten what was on the table during the referendum vote.

Took him a while, didn't it? I would say it showed him as thick, but actually I think it shows him to be so fanatical about free movement, greater European union and all that, that he actually has difficulty believing anybody doesn't agree with him.
Maybe he's cottoned on at last............

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Tis' the Apocalypse I tell ye!!! In the true sense of the word of course, so nothing to worry about really, we just wise up a bit. Quite looking forward to it myself. Le Pen, Farage, Trump, Raggi and Putin showing us what Python Politics is all about. Couldn't be more transparent, the veil is indeed lifting. Anarchy is looming like a light at the end of the tunnel, anarchy in the true sense of the word. I was wearing the tee shirt in 78 shouting about it but I didn't really know what it meant, Got that warm tingly feeling now though, as the onion starts to unravel. Embrace the moment and keep calm folks, we are the people we've been waiting for.
:cheers:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No. You're just being a typical remoaner, trying to twist everything to suit your views. I was never happy joining the EEU or whatever it was called back then. Of course, until the electorate were misled in 1975, there was hope. Now, thankfully, there is hope again. Not that you want to hear that, of course.

So why say you have been waiting since 1975 if you weren't happy in 1973 and 1974.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Wish you guys could stop moaning about others not being delighted with the way things are going currently. Talk of a second referendum now is not about a rerun of the leave or remain question. It would be around accept and leave or refuse and remain. This time, it would be clear what the leave option would give you. Sounds very democratic to me, and the likes of me could not argue that the likes of you voted on lies and false promises.

That's exactly a rerun. You can't claim a referendum is inherently democratic if it's immediately after an almost identical one.

Regarding false promises: you have no idea what I voted or why, it's extremely patronising and presumptuous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here