Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford Stadium

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Terrible ‘big’ screens.
Tinny pa sound.

I thought the PA was alright compared to the Amex. I can never hear whatever Richie Reynolds is waffling on about at the Amex (not necessarily a bad thing).

The screens were a nice touch and I could see everything I needed and the replays. My only gripe with them is that I also like to see the squad listed and to know who got booked and scored goals etc.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I thought the PA was alright compared to the Amex. I can never hear whatever Richie Reynolds is waffling on about at the Amex (not necessarily a bad thing).

The screens were a nice touch and I could see everything I needed and the replays. My only gripe with them is that I also like to see the squad listed and to know who got booked and scored goals etc.

Were you on the side? From behind the goal where we were, you couldn't actually see the screen.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I thought it was a bit cheap

Metal stair cases
Concrete block exterior
Cage like interior walks

Nice leg room but horrible quality seats

Terrible ‘big’ screens.
Tinny pa sound.

Quite disappointed.

It’s the little things that was missing and no quality.

Agree with all of this. Thought it was crap. The screens were really hard to see when the sun was shining. Ground reminded me of a 1980s leisure centre....was expecting Gordon Brittas to appear at any point.

Had a lamb wrap because that was about all that was left. Very little lamb in it and it was £6.50. London Pride blasted all around the stadium and no beer. Shocking!

Stewards were good and its in a cracking location. We walked from Chiswick and had a few beers on the side of the thames and did the same on the way back which provided some amusement from the late arrivals as the thames had come in.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I liked it. Cracking atmosphere and great sight lines from the away end. The location is one of the best for decent pubs and the one we went to was superb, and it's great for transport too.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Liked the stadium for the most part. Reckon it'll be more fun when they finish the surrounding areas. Direct approach to the ground was essentially a wander through a building site with the stadium in the centre.

Really weird that it was cash only for programmes and that they hadn't built a club shop into the stadium. Had to queue for a portacabin to pick one up by card. A very Withdean-esque throwback at a brand new stadium.

Agree with other comments about the screens being useless because of position. Surely you'd factor that into a new-build?

Beesman

Sep 6, 2021
Given the great range of pubs in the close vicinity why would fans want to drink on the concourse other than at HT and just before KO?

Certainly not the revenue driver it is at the Amex

Totally agree the choice of pubs means I don’t rush to get into the ground but I think it’s poor that away fans can’t have a beer in the ground not sure why.Read all the comments and most are fair but you can’t have everything I’m going to Wolves next week great stadium but nowhere for away fans to drink although what a grim town and horrible fans.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Totally agree the choice of pubs means I don’t rush to get into the ground but I think it’s poor that away fans can’t have a beer in the ground not sure why.Read all the comments and most are fair but you can’t have everything I’m going to Wolves next week great stadium but nowhere for away fans to drink although what a grim town and horrible fans.

Since Wolves went back in the Premier League it is absolutely shit for away fans pre-match.

Last time not allowed in Wetherspoons even, just as well I have a Wolves STH mate who got us into the Great Western promising the doorman we would not smash up the place.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I liked the stadium as a whole, but the catering and drink options were a shambles, understand they've only just opened but the decision not to sell any alcohol to away supporters is odd as its money they are losing, and the food options were poor (Yes I could have eaten elsewhere, but its a complaint about the stadium). I've sent an email to Brentford find an explanation on the alcohol situation, from the recommendation of the stand manager as they wanted feedback, as I find it completely baffling (Yes, I've put my boring points of view hat on).

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Since Wolves went back in the Premier League it is absolutely shit for away fans pre-match.

Last time not allowed in Wetherspoons even, just as well I have a Wolves STH mate who got us into the Great Western promising the doorman we would not smash up the place.

Agreed Beach H. I went there and had to walk quite a way out of the centre before I got a sniff at a boozer.
Shocking place. Would never go to wolves again.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
It was my first Away match as a disabled supporter. Arrived about 2:45 due to transport issues and headed to the kiosk for lunch hoping to see pies or pasties or similar. Settled on the burger but it was awful.
Headed for our seats which were row 1 and were pleasantly surprised (initially) to see some legroom between chair and wall. However nobody had factored in disabled people standing to let other disabled people pass. Just not enough room.
We also had a glass panel near us at the bottom of steps that gave off a glare when trying to see action at the far end. (I couldn't see any other panels around the pitch so wondered why there?). Also Stewards tended to loiter in the adjoining wheelchair area and sit on the wall to watch the game which blocked our view.

When we initially arrived, the coach had dropped us at the wrong end and a Steward told us we had to walk right round the flats. Fortunately another Steward on seeing my walking stick relented and let us cut behind the main stand to the surprise of Stewards at the far end who had to let us through some barriers to get to away end. Another nice Steward then on realising how far we had had to walk opened a turnstile not being used and let us in to avoid the queues.
We also had a medical emergency at half time and a young female Steward on noticing our problem wasted no time in assisting and calling her supervisor. Who in turn promptly called Medics.

In summary:
Food - horrible
Stadium - nothing special
Stewards 10 out of 10. (if they are still learning the new stadium, they are still doing bloody well).

And yes we will be writing to them complimenting their staff and having a moan about the other bits.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It was my first Away match as a disabled supporter. Arrived about 2:45 due to transport issues and headed to the kiosk for lunch hoping to see pies or pasties or similar. Settled on the burger but it was awful.
Headed for our seats which were row 1 and were pleasantly surprised (initially) to see some legroom between chair and wall. However nobody had factored in disabled people standing to let other disabled people pass. Just not enough room.
We also had a glass panel near us at the bottom of steps that gave off a glare when trying to see action at the far end. (I couldn't see any other panels around the pitch so wondered why there?). Also Stewards tended to loiter in the adjoining wheelchair area and sit on the wall to watch the game which blocked our view.

When we initially arrived, the coach had dropped us at the wrong end and a Steward told us we had to walk right round the flats. Fortunately another Steward on seeing my walking stick relented and let us cut behind the main stand to the surprise of Stewards at the far end who had to let us through some barriers to get to away end. Another nice Steward then on realising how far we had had to walk opened a turnstile not being used and let us in to avoid the queues.
We also had a medical emergency at half time and a young female Steward on noticing our problem wasted no time in assisting and calling her supervisor. Who in turn promptly called Medics.

In summary:
Food - horrible
Stadium - nothing special
Stewards 10 out of 10. (if they are still learning the new stadium, they are still doing bloody well).

And yes we will be writing to them complimenting their staff and having a moan about the other bits.

There seemed to be a bit of an issue after the game for disabled getting the lift up to ground
level after you came out of the ground. It seemed to be where we were all piling out of the stands
and it looked quite a nasty situation. Did you see or experience any of this?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
There seemed to be a bit of an issue after the game for disabled getting the lift up to ground
level after you came out of the ground. It seemed to be where we were all piling out of the stands
and it looked quite a nasty situation. Did you see or experience any of this?

As we left the Stadium, we were directed to a lift by the steps (to the bridge) but as there seemed to be a queue we elected to struggle up the steps. Must admit I didn't see anything happening.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
From the Press Box, both sets of fans sounded noisy, especially in parts of the game where one team was on top of the other.

Brentford fans singing 'we'll sing on our own', and Brighton fans singing 'shall we sing a song for you' was evidently indicative of the acoustics. This isn't so much a problem as it's the players who get to hear all sides.

Beer was available in the home concourses - London Pride (obvs), and Groslch.

As for the stewards, they were as helpful and friendly as they could be, but there were clearly some teething issues.

Goodness, they were that young?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am meeting with the stadium management soon, I'll attempt to extract the purposeful feedback to them. It was interesting being in the Asahi box Saturday as it allowed me to fully witness the fare. I've represented the company a few times there, one time the quarter final play-offs.

They are worried if they have got it right and open to constructive criticism. No beer in the away end I shall ask for the exact reason, I know it was certainly the intention (I help design the cellars etc)

They certainly missed a trick with Pigs Pantry. We had them in the box (up yours all).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here