Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford Stadium

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Every picture I've seen of it, the colours and design, particularly the floodlights, make me think of an early prototype design image. From the 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think everything I thought has already been said, but I wasn't at all impressed.

- Strange route in and out for away fans
- No beer, which I had assumed was probably for reasons similar to Watford, where the concourse is so small that it would be dangerous, but the concourses were lovely and spacious, so no logical explanation at all
- Signage in and around the stadium bizarre. At one point there was a sign saying "East stand. West stand. North stand. South stand. With arrows all pointing left. But we were then directed in the opposite direction. Also a sign for the block I was in pointing completely away from the actual steps upto it.
- Ran out of food at half time.
- I don't want to be a stadium snob (I realise how lucky we are) but I don't really get anyone saying it's a bit different or quite impressive. It's just a standard identikit bowl, with a little quirky dip down in two of the corners. The main stand with the huge TV on the roof was a bit of a monstrosity - perhaps it's unfinished like the East Stand at the Amex was when we moved in and they're going to put an upper tier in.

However, decent away day as always given the location, and friendly home fans. And an injury time win, obviously.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I think everything I thought has already been said, but I wasn't at all impressed.

- Strange route in and out for away fans
- No beer, which I had assumed was probably for reasons similar to Watford, where the concourse is so small that it would be dangerous, but the concourses were lovely and spacious, so no logical explanation at all
- Signage in and around the stadium bizarre. At one point there was a sign saying "East stand. West stand. North stand. South stand. With arrows all pointing left. But we were then directed in the opposite direction. Also a sign for the block I was in pointing completely away from the actual steps upto it.
- Ran out of food at half time.
- I don't want to be a stadium snob (I realise how lucky we are) but I don't really get anyone saying it's a bit different or quite impressive. It's just a standard identikit bowl, with a little quirky dip down in two of the corners. The main stand with the huge TV on the roof was a bit of a monstrosity - perhaps it's unfinished like the East Stand at the Amex was when we moved in and they're going to put an upper tier in.

However, decent away day as always given the location, and friendly home fans. And an injury time win, obviously.

Agree with this . Complete lack of signs indicating where the away end was, instead asked stewards who directed me round the back of some office blocks .Food choice was bizarre. Flatbreads and Falafel washed down with Coke Zero or Sprite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I had forgotten about the ridiculous away fan detour. Wasn't an issue for us - at 2.55 we were let through a direct route by a kind steward who saw we weren't wearing colours. But it did seem a bit odd.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It’s surely anything but an identikit stadium given the constraints placed upon the architects & Buckingham. Bloody close to Griffin Park and it’s got tons of pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Fantastic effort from Brentford’s owners. Sure Tony would echo that even though he blanks Benham.

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
Thought it was great.
Friendly stewards, good facilities, 2 stations, and easy walk to pubs and restaurants.

Did anyone see Jannson spit at Trossard before the corner? Horrible when people do that.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
They didn't have any pies.

Who ate them all, then?

But I'll agree with some previous posters. OK stadium, although seat numbering was odd, mine didn't even have a number, so had to check with the steward where I should sit. Poor food choices, NO ALCOHOL (bloody hell, what was that all about?). Lovely stewards. Civilised away fans. Dreadful signage and ended up walking about a mile to Chiswick rail station for train home, following directions of (un)helpful copper. Great result. Special treat being sat just 4 rows in front of Mr Bloom, who was clearly having a smashing time.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I thought it was a bit cheap

Metal stair cases
Concrete block exterior
Cage like interior walks

Nice leg room but horrible quality seats

Terrible ‘big’ screens.
Tinny pa sound.

Quite disappointed.

It’s the little things that was missing and no quality.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Who ate them all, then?

But I'll agree with some previous posters. OK stadium, although seat numbering was odd, mine didn't even have a number, so had to check with the steward where I should sit. Poor food choices, NO ALCOHOL (bloody hell, what was that all about?). Lovely stewards. Civilised away fans. Dreadful signage and ended up walking about a mile to Chiswick rail station for train home, following directions of (un)helpful copper. Great result. Special treat being sat just 4 rows in front of Mr Bloom, who was clearly having a smashing time.

Out of interest did you hear anyone sitting between your and blooms rows moaning about strikers?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone know for sure why they don't do beer? That seems to be a load of income they're doing themselves out of.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We had mini steak and Harvey pies at ht

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Agree with most here, clear teething problems regarding away fan access and beer - which must be a licensing issue. Home and away fans don’t have access, but the kiosks(in the away end) had the think for over 25 notice as part of the rolling advertisements on the till screens.

As for the design of the stadium, it does feel ‘cheap’ with the spec of the finish. I actually thought the space wasn’t optimised particularly well, there was a lot of unused space behind the stands and strange optimisations were seats could have been better placed. Behind the away end there was a metal cage blocking where 3
more rows could be placed. The dipping corners didn’t need to dip as severely, and the main stand had a lot of wasted space above the single tier. I assume there were capacity constraints for that area or needed x amount of space for construction vehicles.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone know for sure why they don't do beer? That seems to be a load of income they're doing themselves out of.

Given the great range of pubs in the close vicinity why would fans want to drink on the concourse other than at HT and just before KO?

Certainly not the revenue driver it is at the Amex

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Given the great range of pubs in the close vicinity why would fans want to drink on the concourse other than at HT and just before KO?

Certainly not the revenue driver it is at the Amex

This.

thames.jpg

This was the view from our pub bench as we supped a few pints and had some nice food, 10 minute walk from the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here