Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News: French Plane Disappears

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Sky just did a LIVE phone interview with the wife of one of the presumed dead. She was in complete denial, but of course eventually broke down in tears. Why would you put someone in that position? Maybe the media just revel in it, as with SuBo.

Saw the same interview, really uncomfortable viewing. Sky should never have put the woman in this position.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Saw the same interview, really uncomfortable viewing. Sky should never have put the woman in this position.

imagine that............the media revelling in someones misery :down:

It just seems to me from the news,politics,britains got talentless feckers, big brother its all car crash tv...............:down:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Don't really want to say that Sky=evil, BBC=good - I only saw it on Sky. I just don't understand what they thought they could bring to the viewer by showing that interview. What did they expect the woman to say? An awful decision IMHO whoever interviewed her.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Boeing 377 is not small, it's now called a Guppy. The engine matter was what a pilot told me, I used to work for an airline.
Irrespective of the size of aircraft engine mountings are designed to 'give' when ditching.

It's all redundant anyway because, judging by the spread of the wreckage, this bird broke up in the air.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If there's any sort of upside to this accident, it appears it must have happened very quickly as it seems the pilots didn't even have time to put out a Mayday distress :down:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

It's been reported on a few news sites. A couple of names on the passenger list were "similiar" to known suspects.

They are still working on the theory that the speed sensors were dodgy though. Something the manufacturer knew and was already in the process of replacing them.

Nothing to do with terrorism - trust me. They flew through some very nasty weather, key air data instruments iced up causing mis readings in the flight deck and many of the computers to go haywire. They subsequently lost control and that was that. Very sad but it happens - fortunately only very rarely.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Was breaking news on my sky news gadget.

Nothing to do with terrorism - trust me. They flew through some very nasty weather, key air data instruments iced up causing mis readings in the flight deck and many of the computers to go haywire. They subsequently lost control and that was that. Very sad but it happens - fortunately only very rarely.

Probably so but if two possible terrorists were on the flight then something good has come out of it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Didn't Air France have a bomb threat 5 days before and the Buenos Aires Flight to Paris was delayed?

this popped last week, but not much seems to be made of it, so i think its a hoax story. Neither Air France or airports have been put on a higher state of alert as far im aware (maybe i missed that story?). problem with 24hr news is that alot of stuff gets reported as "possible" with out proper checks or then regurgitated by others without any verification of facts/sources.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Didn't Air France have a bomb threat 5 days before and the Buenos Aires Flight to Paris was delayed?

Yep, apparently so. I wonder what the security was like on the later flight that seemingly fell out the sky?

Edit: I heard this on the Beeb soon after the incident, but I'm not sure if they mentioned their source.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
this popped last week, but not much seems to be made of it, so i think its a hoax story. Neither Air France or airports have been put on a higher state of alert as far im aware (maybe i missed that story?). problem with 24hr news is that alot of stuff gets reported as "possible" with out proper checks or then regurgitated by others without any verification of facts/sources.

There is nothing like a good conspiracy

Flight A447 The Facts Of The Conspiracy , page 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here