Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News: French Plane Disappears

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not quite true actually. There was the incident of a Boeing Stratocruiser Soveriegn of the Skies which was ditched in 1956. All on board survived. However the main problem with ditching is that the engines on virtually all modern day jets are slung beneath the wing and they would drag the aircraft under on landing. The Stratocruiser was a propeller driven aircraft.

But I said airliner basically meaning a large aircraft. Also your engine theory isn't true. The engine mounts are designed to break out at the rear mount and thus sending the engine up and over the wing. This has happened in most ditching/crashes. The problem is normally the wing tip hitting the water first and spinning or flipping the aircraft.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But I said airliner basically meaning a large aircraft. Also your engine theory isn't true. The engine mounts are designed to break out at the rear mount and thus sending the engine up and over the wing. This has happened in most ditching/crashes. The problem is normally the wing tip hitting the water first and spinning or flipping the aircraft.

Boeing 377 is not small, it's now called a Guppy. The engine matter was what a pilot told me, I used to work for an airline.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Oh shit...Suspected plane seats spotted 400 miles NE of Brazil.. :(

But this was expected, surely? It's not a shock. Impressed they found the crash site so quickly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There were reports that another commercial plane had reported seeing flames on the water as it flew over.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Let's hope that they find the plane and the box quickly so that some answers can be provided for the families of those lost.

God rest their souls.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Boeing 377 is not small, it's now called a Guppy. The engine matter was what a pilot told me, I used to work for an airline.

I can see your problem, you gained your knowledge from a pilot. Do you ask a bus driver how his gearbox works, no you ask a mechanic.

Being a former (expired due to recency) licensed engineer (CAA under JAA Jar145 & FAA) qualified from my apprenticeship in 1988 licensed in 1989 holding approvals for B737/747/757//777 DC10 and A320 I gained a little knowledge, albeit I left a few years ago after achieving management level and becoming completely disillusioned with the airline business. But hey what do I know!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Being a former (expired due to recency) licensed engineer (CAA under JAA Jar145 & FAA) qualified from my apprenticeship in 1988 licensed in 1989 holding approvals for B737/747/757//777 DC10 and A320 I gained a little knowledge, albeit I left a few years ago after achieving management level and becoming completely disillusioned with the airline business. But hey what do I know!

that must be quite close to an 'owning' is it not?:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here