Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BREAKING NEWS: Buckley boost for Albion but another setback for Vicente

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus, it would appear, has been given a target. The Playoffs as a minimum. Without a striker it just will not happen - simples.
That's a pretty definitive statement.

Without a striker it just will not happen if we continue to play in the same style- simples

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think too many wholesale changes are needed.
Buckley's return is a blessing.
Vicente being out, may also assist.

Gus can't/shouldn't scream that we are not scoring but maintain a formation that isn't generating goals, with his current squad.

Who knows we might edge towards a 4-4-2.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
So let's just work with what we have and stop this transfer crap

This. The signings at the back make for a much stronger defence so we will undoubtedly concede less goals, meaning we don't have to score so many, simples! IF CMS gets a couple his confidence will grow and maybe we'll see good things from him. Keep the Faith!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
BREAKING NEWS​
- By Andy Naylor

Albion have Will Buckley back for Saturday's home game against Barnsley.

But Vicente is unlikely to be in the squad, because of continuing fitness concerns.

Buckley sat out the first three matches of the campaign with hamstring trouble.

Boss Gus Poyet said today: "I think he is going to be available."

Vicente was brought off the bench in the closing stages of Tuesday's 0-0 home draw against Cardiff after missing last Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Hull with an inflamed thigh tendon.

Poyet said: "We had Vicente on the bench the other day but he was feeling really, really bad. He couldn't even think about playing.

"We thought he would be better. We pushed him on the pitch for ten minutes but he is not going to be on the bench if he's not better. I've taken that risk once and that's it."

Meanwhile, Poyet has revealed there are no new developments in his striker search.

He said: "We had a very small chance of getting one or two but now they have gone, finished."

It's like the last year never happened.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Vicente injured???.Never I don't believe it. He seemed to be over his problems in the last ten games of last season, before going back home to Spain for the summer. Then messing us around over his contract details about his return..I can't believe he will be out for long, now he has got everything sorted out the way he wanted it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I played Sunday League Football for 22 years - 11 as a centre forward - 11 as centre half. We started in Div 14 and the last season I played was Div3. I was a pretty crap player but in 22years I never missed a fecking match! I await loads of abuse - so feck off!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
..I can't believe he will be out for long, now he has got everything sorted out the way he wanted it.
If that were the case he'd be playing in Spain, now.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I would also point out that towards the end of my 'career' haha! I played against Teddy Maybank at Corals Stadium. Some of his team could head the ball harder than we could kick it!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I vill say this only vunce....'The striker, from a premiership club will be here when the loan period starts. You can slate me for this but I would like to see Buckley as the striker...well at least give him a try.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
It won't happen but the answer IMHO is to play 442 at home with either Barnes or Toby partnering CMS up front. Midfield should be Bridcutt and Crofts down the middle with two of Noone, Lua Lua or Buckly out wide. We are too negative at home.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I love Gus to bits, but why, oh why, did he play Vicente against Swindon.

Yep this! I was staggered to see him start frankly. We know how Gus rates that compo so I was extremely surprised!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It won't happen but the answer IMHO is to play 442 at home with either Barnes or Toby partnering CMS up front. Midfield should be Bridcutt and Crofts down the middle with two of Noone, Lua Lua or Buckly out wide. We are too negative at home.

Oh and this.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes, but how many Season Tickets have they managed to sell based upon expectation?

Regrettably that is a tactic used by many a chairman to get bums on seats. Indeed DK was famous for it was he not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Something I've been saying.

Instead of saying we need a striker to score goals.
Change up what you've got

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here