Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BREAKING NEWS: Buckley boost for Albion but another setback for Vicente

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Vicente CLEARLY unfit the other night! Could tell this before he even came on (only warmed up once in 80mins!)

Agreed, one of my mates pointed this out, that he got up in the first half and looked to be struggling in his warm-up. Then not seeing him running down the sidelines with the other subs in the 2nd half, made his eventual appearance all the more surprising.

Hopefully, a couple of weeks out will be enough time for Gus to realise that Vicente is NOT A BLOODY CENTRE FORWARD!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed, one of my mates pointed this out, that he got up in the first half and looked to be struggling in his warm-up. Then not seeing him running down the sidelines with the other subs in the 2nd half, made his eventual appearance all the more surprising.

Hopefully, a couple of weeks out will be enough time for Gus to realise that Vicente is NOT A BLOODY CENTRE FORWARD!

SPOT on. SO much more effective as attacking mid. Or even on the wing occasionally but NOT up tops!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We already have a £2.5m striker and a young 15-goal striker, maybe its less about who's up there, more about where up front they end up being (CMS: drops deeper and deeper as the game progresses; Barnes: Wide left or right and often covering marauding wing-backs so not able to be in the box).

If we sign a new striker and they just end up doing what Barnes and CMS do, whats the point?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Well it looks like we won't be signing anyone.

Now there is a surprise. 6 months to sort out the issue of a striker and we are still no nearer a solution.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I love Gus to bits, but why, oh why, did he play Vicente against Swindon.

Agree with this, was just no need to play him.

Even an unfit Vicente took the piss out the Cardiff defence when he kept the ball at his feet with 3 or 4 of their players trying to get it off him before someone just clattered into him and gave away the free kick

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
my reading on Tuesday was he put Vicente on to get the crowd up......it had gone a bit quiet. As for lack of striker, it's going to prove my previous statement that without one of any note/experience , we will struggle. The weight of expectancy cannot be put on Agdestein's shoulders, he's not up to it .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
RE: Vicente - I sit just behind the away bench in WSL and with about 30mins to go on Tues night I noticed Gus turn to the bench and say something to Vicente. The body language suggested he was asking Vicente if he felt ok to go on. Vicente just shook his head. Also at half time Vicente left the rest of the subs warming up after about 5 mins and went down the tunnel with Stretch. It was pretty clear he wasn't feeling good. Bringing him on with 10 mins to go was to create one final chance or delivery which could have paid off. I also found it strange to put him up top by himself and push CMS out wide and deep.
As mentioned on another thread, when Barnes missed that great chance, Gus turned round and looked up to the Director's box area and was trying to spot someone up there. When he saw who he was looking for, he raised his arms as if to say "we need better quality up front". Just a couple of observations...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I guess this means we'll see more of Toby, which is a good thing!

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I think if Vicente had this injury last year he would be out for months. This year is a different matter. Obviously won't play on Saturday but I'm so much more confident we can get him fit possibly by Burney but most likely the Sheffield Wednesday game after the international break.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
RE: Vicente - I sit just behind the away bench in WSL and with about 30mins to go on Tues night I noticed Gus turn to the bench and say something to Vicente. The body language suggested he was asking Vicente if he felt ok to go on. Vicente just shook his head. Also at half time Vicente left the rest of the subs warming up after about 5 mins and went down the tunnel with Stretch. It was pretty clear he wasn't feeling good. Bringing him on with 10 mins to go was to create one final chance or delivery which could have paid off. I also found it strange to put him up top by himself and push CMS out wide and deep.
As mentioned on another thread, when Barnes missed that great chance, Gus turned round and looked up to the Director's box area and was trying to spot someone up there. When he saw who he was looking for, he raised his arms as if to say "we need better quality up front". Just a couple of observations...

We all know that Vicente is better running from deep at people ..I guess he put CMS wide as there was no way Vicente was going to track back ..he had one run that forced a free kick ..if it had come off master substitution ..hey ho

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think if Vicente had this injury last year he would be out for months. This year is a different matter. Obviously won't play on Saturday but I'm so much more confident we can get him fit possibly by Burney but most likely the Sheffield Wednesday game after the international break.
To be honest I would be very surprised if he made the long trip to Burnley, hope im wrong.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
To be honest I would be very surprised if he made the long trip to Burnley, hope im wrong.

Even if he was 80% ready for that game I'd still rather he was rested. Last year he played games when unfit and missed months worth of games as a result. This year, I would prefer if he missed a couple here and there and was fit for the rest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And it is not like we cannot score goals with the current strikers is it? If we get Vicente playing MR Sicknote again this year, we also need to strengthen our midfield.
We can score, Gus might just have to cut his cloth according, with the players HE has brought in.

It's no use saying 'we need this we need that', if there's no more coming it.

'we've got this and we've got that', if we make x changes we'll be playing to the strengths of our team.

Shoe-horning 2nd rate loanees just won't cut it, for a second year.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We can score, Gus might just have to cut his cloth according, with the players HE has brought in.

It's no use saying 'we need this we need that', if there's no more coming it.

'we've got this and we've got that', if we make x changes we'll be playing to the strengths of our team.

Shoe-horning 2nd rate loanees just won't cut it, for a second year.

Gus, it would appear, has been given a target. The Playoffs as a minimum. Without a striker it just will not happen - simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here