Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brand named goods that really are better than all the rest

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
9 times out of 10 these days you pay more for a brand name product when there's an equivalent cheaper version which is no difference quality wise.

However there are certain names that still cut the mustard in their chosen field and are unbeaten in terms of quality. Brands that have imitations but no equal.

I think Dyson used to be a good example of this, although these days probably less so.

But the one for me right now is Post-It Notes. The boss in her wisdom has ordered some inferior lesser known coloured sticky note pads which are undoubtedly cheaper but they're simply shite. They fail to do that most rudimentary of Post-It Note functions, namely sticking to anything.

And thus proves that Post-It, arguably the industry leader in their field, are top of their game simply because they are betetr than all the rest.

But what other named goods have no equal?

If I wasn't afraid of being lambasted for being an effeminate mincer I'd point out that nothing rivals GHD's for hair straighteners as another good example.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Berocca Effervescent Tablets.

They dissolve quickly and completely and leave no residue on the top. Great when you're feeling tired or hungover, Orange and Blackcurrant are excellent.

Other tablets take ages to dissolve, a sizeable part of the tablet is still left floating on top around the scum and the liquid is nowhere nearer as fizzy so doesn't have the desired therapeutic effect.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lemonde.

It HAS to be R Whites or Schweppes, or I'm just not interested. Its a complete waste of Martini in any other brand.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Lemonde.

It HAS to be R Whites or Schweppes, or I'm just not interested. Its a complete waste of Martini in any other brand.

Easy, are you discussing lemonade or brands of French daily newspapers? I prefer L'Equipe myself...

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought i could only really eat Heinz Ketchup, but then i had some organic ketchup, most likely bought at Infinity Foods, and it was about 8 times nicer than Heinz. What a damnable beauty!

But, back to the point, Essex remains a peerless leader in the production of slags.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Durex.

I used another brand and now I've got 8 kids...

:(

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Easy, are you discussing lemonade or brands of French daily newspapers? I prefer L'Equipe myself...
I think he means he uses his copy of Le Monde to wrap round the bottle. This disguises the fact he's drinking Martini, people seeing him swigging from a bottle wrapped in newspaper just assume it's meths and thus his guilty secret is preserved.

Oh, and for me it's Heinz Tomato Soup/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pavilionaire said:
Damn your verbal bilingual dexterity, Pav.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here