Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very good interview with him on SKY last night in relation to him being a fan of rugby league and Wigan, love to know how hard those journalists work in writing/observing Wiggens traits!

The celebrity seal | Sky Sports | Shows | Boots 'N' All
There's a touch of Cav about Wiggo.

Namely if any journo hasn't done his homework and asks a fookin stupid question, Wiggo is going to give them both barrels.
Quite how the journo's incompetence and failings become Wiggo's problem, is down to them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love the little fella.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray, basically.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Wiggo's accomplishments have already been listed on this thread so I won't repeat them. What I will point out though is that there is only 1 TDF each year, no other race is as important. Winning the TDF is the pinnacle of the cycling year, not the Giro or the Vuelta and not any classic or the world champs. In tennis there are 4 'pinnacles' and Murray has won 25% of them. As far as the olympics goes, the cycling road TT is at least as difficult as the world championships whereas in tennis don't they play the best of 3 sets until the final? If so it's not the same as a major and I doubt if Murray would swap his US Open or a future Wimbledon title for the olympic gold medal.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
While Murray's done brilliantly this year, he's not the number one in the world and he's one major out of four for this year.

Wiggins won THE major event, and pretty much all the other ones and the more prodigious Olympic title of the too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here