Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boycotting Franchise FC

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apart from that, I have absolutely no problem with them & their remarkably passionate support...

Which equates to bashing a cardboard fan onto a seat to generate an atmosphere.........

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
what!? ..and being responsible for adding to their home advantage, how will you sleep?

Not too badly I hope.

Last night I was a TAD too warm but I soon cooled down once I opened the window around 2am.

The noise of the traffic woke me up slighlty earlier than my alarm but I'm not feeling too tired from it.

Thank you for asking though.

eastworthingseagull

Feb 22, 2011
What Winkleman did was and still is immoral, it hurts me not to see my team, however my principles are more important to me.

To even suggest that Wimbledon were finished anyway is a cop out. Okay they may well have folded so what ?

Their league place should have released a space for a club that had earnt it ....Conventionally.

Tell me this ... What's the point of CRAWLEY, AFC WIMBLEDON, LUTON etc battling to secure a place in League 2 next season surely they'd be better served sitting on a floodlight at Home Park like a vulture waiting for Argyle to go bust BINGO League 1 place without kicking a ball.... Right or not ?

The football pyramid is exactly that and if you ignore what happened At Milton Keynes ......

YOU CONDONE IT

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Go. Abuse them, beat them, laugh at them.

AFC Wimbledon will overtake them soon anyway. Maybe we should have a bet on it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
yeah you're right, f*** em all Wimbledon, Wrexham, Plymouth, Orient etc I support Brighton we're alright

OK so what would you propose to stop this then, any rule introduced would no doubt not prevent this happening again.

Tell us

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Well as much as my principles make me deplore MK I quite like Winkelman, like the set they've developed and to a certain extent admire the fact that they have made a fist of establishing a new team with their own fans in a new town.

I do not condone the fact that to achieve that they had to destroy Wimbledon, but as has been eluded to very often on this board Wimbledon made their own bed to a certain extent. Merton borough council should have let them develop Plough Lane, they would never have had to ground share with Palace for so long and Sam Hamman would never have wanted to sell up to the Norweigan consortium.

Judging by the fact that my ticket numbers were 2597 and 2598 and I purchasesd them on Sunday seems plenty of people agree with me.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Well as much as my principles make me deplore MK I quite like Winkelman, like the set they've developed and to a certain extent admire the fact that they have made a fist of establishing a new team with their own fans in a new town.

I do not condone the fact that to achieve that they had to destroy Wimbledon, but as has been eluded to very often on this board Wimbledon made their own bed to a certain extent. Merton borough council should have let them develop Plough Lane, they would never have had to ground share with Palace for so long and Sam Hamman would never have wanted to sell up to the Norweigan consortium.

Judging by the fact that my ticket numbers were 2597 and 2598 and I purchasesd them on Sunday seems plenty of people agree with me.

this

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I hope anyone who is planning to boycott because of the way traditional football was sidestepped aren't the same ones who have been saying Gus was right not to take the FA Cup seriously!!!!

From my perspective, I have not problem with MK Dons and that is coming from someone who was born in Wimbledon and whose first every game was Wimbledon v Yeovil in the Southern League Floodlit Cup final second leg. Wimbledon were dead and buried due to their local authority and when the likes of Man Utd decided home teams should keep all the gate receipts, thus depriving a club like Wimbledon of income. Also, AFC formed years ago and still don't play in their borough.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What Winkleman did was and still is immoral, it hurts me not to see my team, however my principles are more important to me.

To even suggest that Wimbledon were finished anyway is a cop out. Okay they may well have folded so what ?

There league place should have released a space for a club that had earnt it ....Conventionally.

Tell me this ... What's the point of CRAWLEY, AFC WIMBLEDON, LUTON etc battling to secure a place in League 2 next season surely they'd be better served sitting on a floodlight at Home Park like a vulture waiting for Argyle to go bust BINGO League 1 place without kicking a ball.... Right or not ?

The football pyramid is exactly that and if you ignore what happened At Milton Keynes ......

YOU CONDONE IT

I'm sure they don't give a shit whether you condone it or not. Not going will not change anything. It was shit, it happened, deal with it. Welcome to football in 2011.

that last line is possible the most idiotic comment i've read on here and i've just been joining in with that 'Palace' thread

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
yeah you're right, f*** em all Wimbledon, Wrexham, Plymouth, Orient etc I support Brighton we're alright

wrexham, plymouth and orient still have something worth fighting for though. mk dons happened nearly a decade ago, and a couple of brighton fans not going to watch them isnt going change the fact that a new town with a reasonably successful team and an impressive (even if half finished) stadium has happened

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And all those saying they couldn't possibly bear to condone their existence by going to the game, what would you do if we got them in the Cup Final? Not go? Of course you would.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was i'd gone to 'that' Mansfield match in 1997 now

That was completely different, that was a protest against the current board of the club, in the fight to get them removed and to not take the club out of business. I think you're a bit late to be protesting against MK Dons, they are here, they are real, and it has already happened. Deal with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here