Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

boxing day home games at the Amex

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Who gives a shit about trains, i thought they could only accommodate 10% of the gate (2,250) who go to the amex.
Quite an insignificant number to worry about.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
cant believe this is true, no trains on Boxing day....knock it down and move it somewhere else where there is trains....disgrace!!!!

Its hardly the end of the world is it, Im sure for one game only (thats if its at home) people can find alternative means of travel!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We should be running one of our coaches. May need to run 2!

Jan 30, 2008
cant believe this is true, no trains on Boxing day....knock it down and move it somewhere else where there is trains....disgrace!!!!

Its hardly the end of the world is it, Im sure for one game only (thats if its at home) people can find alternative means of travel!!
lets wait and see then .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sure that if supporters really wanted to come on boxing day they would find a way.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would assume that there will be a temporary timetable on the trains for Boxing Day insofar that its a replacement service provided by buses.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
i take it you're on a wind up if not you're a prize toby

No wind up, I have no interest in trains, don't use them, have no need to use them so they hold no interest for me.
As far as the Amex goes, they can only accommodate less than 10% of the total gate,
So on boxing day only 10% of of those going to the game will inconvenienced, so as travel medium for games they are insignificant.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Wtf? 90% of the football grounds in England have no trains on boxing day. In fact Victoria-Brighton is one of about only eight lines in the UK that runs that day. Everyone else manages to get bums on seats, what you fretting over?

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
The clubs survey has resulted in the figure of 6000 only going by train when there is a full house, and that those volumes can be cleared from the site in 47 mins from the final whistle,...... if they say it, it must be true.

That's absolute shit! Look at the location of the ground it's a 30 second walk! And how have you managed to get these survey results? I think just about every person I've spoke to who is getting a season ticket at the AMEX has told me they will be getting the train to most games and do you know the club will be bringing out a £25 book of 25 vouchers (one for every home game) which will give you a £3 discount on every train ticket to falmer from the locations on the current travel voucher, and I'm sure this will encourage a large number of fans to travel by train.

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
And I'm sure it won't hurt to drive to one game if they don't have a few trains running on boxing day which I dout as you at all forgeting that this will be one of the best stadiums in the country, which means that there is a very good chance that they will have trains as this club is aiming to become one of the biggest clubs in the country and transport reputation is a thing that fans will look at!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here