Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournmouth Relegated By January?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
a 10-point penalty for going into administration would leave them 11 points adrift of Port Vale who are currently bottom.

How does that work???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A meltdown was predicted on NSC maybe 3-4 years ago, fortunately it never happened, sounds like they may have been prophetic words. Doesn't sound very good at all for Swindon, hopefully there will still be a team for us to play on the 15th, I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Isn't it galling that with all the cash swamping the Premiership,and average players being sold for multi-millions smaller clubs slide into bankruptcy with debts of £4m?

Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic were our rivals AND our friends in years of Div3(S),and it is a great shame to see them in these circumstances.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then you have the Football Associaton sprinkling a mere £778m on a stadium with a peat bog for a pitch.

Then you have the Football Associaton sprinkling a mere £778m on a stadium with a peat bog for a pitch.

And no roof....glad our national game is in such safe hands. At grass roots level too:rolleyes:

Time for a football revolution!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Mostyn told the club website: "If I felt administration was in the club's best interests I would consider it.
"But we are confident that next week's meeting with potential investors will result in a firm proposal being made."
With debts cleared, potential new investors would have a clean slate from which to start from.

what a freaking hypocrite. my brother had a business deal with this man that was ripped up after some choice comments made about leeds, bates and what bates did by him. then he comes out and says that.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
But why should the FA bail out a club that has run up massive debts?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
But why should the FA bail out a club that has run up massive debts?

Because of the implementation of things such as the Premier League- taking money away from grass roots clubs.

Also the Taylor report and its knee jerk reaction forcing clubs to sell and lease back grounds in order to pay for forced ground improvements. Chasing dreams on the pitch finantially and failing is one thing, but to have to do it to comply with an out of date ruling is another.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Because of the implementation of things such as the Premier League- taking money away from grass roots clubs.

Also the Taylor report and its knee jerk reaction forcing clubs to sell and lease back grounds in order to pay for forced ground improvements. Chasing dreams on the pitch finantially and failing is one thing, but to have to do it to comply with an out of date ruling is another.

Rightly or wrongly the Bosman has been detrimental to a host of clubs and not just the smaller ones.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Blimey at this rate, all a league club will need is a mediocre side picking up 40 points a season and you should be safe, considering how many clubs are getting 10 point deductions :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here