Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournmouth Relegated By January?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
But why should the FA bail out a club that has run up massive debts?

Whilst I agree that £4m is a lot of dosh (and I'd love to win it on the lottery and all that ) I still maintain that these days in football this seems to be beer money.If Dazzer Bent and the teenage prodigy who went to Arsenal from Southampton,and I'll remember his name later I expect,are worth bodzillions of wedge,how can a whole football club be in such trouble for the price of these players jockstraps?

Yes,yes,there's an obvious answer from the financially able,but dammit there's inequity in it,amounting almost to a social injustice.

Still,if they do a Leeds they only owe thirty eight quid,and their manager will be able to sit down with the owners and discuss the size of the transfer budget for the January window.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
But why should the FA bail out a club that has run up massive debts?

Look at it more strategically.

Compare with cricket. There, most of the TV income from Test matches and some ticket revenue gets distributed amongst all the Counties and to grass roots level.

In soccer, the FA distributes some money through prize money in the Cup, but the big money (Premiership TV) stays with the big clubs, to reinforce the oligarchy.

PG

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
But if the FA bailed out every club that was in financial trouble there would be no reason for clubs to balance the books.

If you are saying the money should be more evenly distributed to start with, then perhaps you have a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here