Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth v Southampton - 12th March 2011

What will the result be on Saturday 12th March?

• Bournemouth win

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Southampton win

Votes: 19 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 98 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
4 points dropped please instead of 3 points by one team!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think Southampton will win. I hope Bournemouth do, even though I know I should be hoping for a draw.

Well in that case I hope you blow a tyre on the way down to Center Parcs and I'll see you on Sunday afternoon.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
just looking at Southampton's fixtures that are coming up. 6 tough games including the mighty Sheffield Wednesday. Ok, tough 5 games.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
just looking at Southampton's fixtures that are coming up. 6 tough games including the mighty Sheffield Wednesday. Ok, tough 5 games.

Apart from this weekend, I wouldnt say that. All those fixtures are winnable. Anyway, last week we lost to Walsall away and beat Colchester away who were previously invincible at home.

If we are starting to play like we did before Lallana got injured, I'm confident in any game.

Anyway, if we win at Bmuff and Hudders and Posh dont win, were 2nd, which would mean Brighton are ten points clear of anyone, with games in hand over 3rd and 4th teams. Were well into March now and Brighton still havent hit this massive bad run they were supposed to go on. Why are you worrying about other games?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Aftetr last nights results a Bournemouth win would do us best now as they would still be way behind us on points plus we have games in hand on them and it would halt the SCC winning run. Most important is 3 points for us against Tranmere.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I still think a draw would be a cracking result. A win against Tranmere is not a given, and a win for either side would leave Bournemouth 4 points, and Southampton 7 points behind us.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Suddenly becomes the biggest game of the season for both of these teams. I have however gone for Southampton as I think Bouremouth's achievements so far are finally catching up with them and they will drop out of the automatic race.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Want Bournemouth to win because otherwise Soton are pretty close to second and with their games in hand they will be there and I really want Orient to do them in the play offs

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyway, if we win at Bmuff and Hudders and Posh dont win, were 2nd

A very, very big if, all of that coming true with your consistency and Posh's current form.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Before last night would have said DRAW, now definitely Bournemouth win please.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bournemouth win now please.

Saints can then win the play offs if they want, I don't really care.

Be great or Bournemouth to come up and Saints to keep sweating though

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
A very, very big if, all of that coming true with your consistency and Posh's current form.

I know but ultimately our goal is to keep winning and wait for Udders & Posh to lose. If you keep winning you have to be at least 10 points clear surely.

In fact, as long as we keep winning all we have to do is wait for our games in hand and we go 2nd. Beat Bmuff on Saturday and we are 1 point per game in hand off second, even if Udders & Posh also win. If you keep winning you are 10 points off 2nd and loads of points off 3rd.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I voted for draw as that is the result I'd like to see, but I fully expect Southampton to win this one. Whilst the title seems beyond them at the moment a win on saturday would put them in prime position for the second automatic spot. At some point they are going to have to make the strength of their squad count for something, and I think this is that time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
B'Muff win against the Scumhampton would be best IMO, pushes another auto-promotion rival further away, dont mind B'Muff hanging about keeping the rest at bay whilst we sneak off with the title......afterall PROMOTION is the key not just winning the thing innit!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I know but ultimately our goal is to keep winning and wait for Udders & Posh to lose. If you keep winning you have to be at least 10 points clear surely.

hahaha f***ing hypocrite :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here