Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth v Southampton - 12th March 2011

What will the result be on Saturday 12th March?

• Bournemouth win

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Southampton win

Votes: 19 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 98 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I know that the league is ours to lose, and other teams don't really matter as long as we win our games. But it still doesn't stop me taking an interest...

This game on Saturday could be massive in deciding the outcome of the league this season.

If Bournemouth win, they continue to put pressure on us. While those games in hand must catch up with them at some point, it puts them 9 points ahead of Southampton (assuming both win on Tuesday), pushing them further out of reach of automatic promotion.

If Southampton win, it offers on one side an advantage to us, if we make the most of it. We can extend our points lead at the top, still with two games in hand on Bournemouth and Huddersfield. However, it means that any slip up from us reels us in to Southampton, who many still believe to be our main challengers. It could be a real psychological boost for them to put a good run of form in towards the end of the season.

If they draw - probably the best outcome for us - we still have a chance to increase our lead at the top, and both teams would fall back from us. If this happens then I seriously think that Huddersfield and Peterborough could become much bigger hopefuls for automatic promotion.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Draw would be best for us but I'd be happy for a Bournemouth win.

If we came 2nd and went up I certainly wouldn't complain.

Bournemouth are in the drivin seat for promotion now, I'd be more intereseted in S'ton and Hudds not winning.

Again its a case of any result that happens is a positive for us.....especially if we win as well

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth win for me, the top 2 to go up, lets keep the gap to 3rd place

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Personally I would rather wait until after Tuesday's results before deciding on this one. If Bournemouth are still right behind us then I would be more that happy for Southampton to get the win, especially if the Cherries have a chance of over-hauling us. Anyway, lets get Tuesday's games out of the way first.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If their is a winner I hope it is Bournemouth as that would put a bigger gap between us and SCC making 3rd place. We need SCC and Huddersfield to keep dropping points.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A win for Bournemouth, would love them to get propoted with us and lengthening the gap between us and third has to be a good thing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I always go for the underdogs....come on you saints.

:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anything but a SCC win will do nicely for me - they will be our main challengers once the games in hand etc irons itself out IMO

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need SCC and Huddersfield to keep dropping points.

Strangley enough Peterborough are a bigger threat than Huddersfield. They have a game in hand are only one point behind Hudders.

Draw for me BTW.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Draw is best but otherwise a B'Muff win no doubt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strangley enough Peterborough are a bigger threat than Huddersfield. They have a game in hand are only one point behind Hudders.

Draw for me BTW.

I was just looking at the fact that we are 8 points clear of Huddersfield in 3rd with 2 games in hand and had overlooked the fact that Peterborough are 1 point behind but that still makes them 9 points behind us which is 3 wins and with goal difference effectively 1 draw. I cannot see either Huddersfield or Peterborough catching us now but as you say Posh are a possible threat. Personally I think SCC will finish 2nd but some way behind us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here