Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Born and Bred". "100% English".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please explain exactly what these mean to you.

How long does someone have to have been here to be English Born and Bred?
1 Generation? 5 Generations?

Do you have to be WHITE Anglo Saxon to be 100% English?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have to be born in England to have been born in England.
As for bred - educated until the age of 6 at least, I would say.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
If you are born and raised in England does that not make you English?

Where your parents or grandparents or great grandparents were born is irrelevant to a small extent - I don't feel particularly Scottish despite my Grandma hailing from north of the border.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you are born and raised in England does that not make you English?

Where your parents or grandparents or great grandparents were born is irrelevant to a small extent - I don't feel particularly Scottish despite my Grandma hailing from north of the border.

I agree with you but this obviously causes problems for the arguments of some right wingers on here.

They can have a beef with illegal immigrants coming over here but if those immigrants have kids here then those kids are as English as me or you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Generally means a twat

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Please explain exactly what these mean to you.

How long does someone have to have been here to be English Born and Bred?
1 Generation? 5 Generations?

Do you have to be WHITE Anglo Saxon to be 100% English?
ofcourse you dont, as long as youre born here your english. "why" have you a chip on your shoulder for being something other than white then ?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I agree with you but this obviously causes problems for the arguments of some right wingers on here.

They can have a beef with illegal immigrants coming over here but if those immigrants have kids here then those kids are as English as me or you?

hahahaha 'a beef'

no one can accuse you of not fully embracing multiculturalism eh

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The problem is that people are being brought up in very closed communities in some cases, where they may aswell be asian/african/whatever. That means that they do remain largely non-english.

I'm quite the opposite, a wee brown baby with white, English parents, so I consider myself VERY english indeed. It's all about the way you're brough up IMO.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sicillian dad irish mum kyn el im not worthy of answering ! tho born n conceived in brighton , queesway craven vale on the kitchen floor circa 1962

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
hahahaha 'a beef'

no one can accuse you of not fully embracing multiculturalism eh

Shut up. You read too much into things. I didn't think "oooh, I'll drop that in, then the homies will think I'm down with the street slang boyyeee".

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The problem is that people are being brought up in very closed communities in some cases, where they may aswell be asian/african/whatever. That means that they do remain largely non-english.

I'm quite the opposite, a wee brown baby with white, English parents, so I consider myself VERY english indeed. It's all about the way you're brough up IMO.
sounds about right

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
ofcourse you dont, as long as youre born here your english. "why" have you a chip on your shoulder for being something other than white then ?

I'm 100% white, little bit of scots but basically English.

So if a pakistani family came over here illegally, then while here they had 12 kids, you would accept those 12 kids are just as English as you are and therefore have as much right to jobs/benefits etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here