Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson - Ping Pong is coming home

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
duplicate post.

EDIT - whilst I'm here I seem to recall that Brighton Kemptown holds the record for the largest Parliamentary majority, for the Conservative party. Can't be arsed to check though.

Actually, I think it was the SMALLEST for a bit with a maj of SEVEN.

Then the Lib Dems beat that record in Winchester in 1997 with a maj of TWO.

Needs checking.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This thread has gone slightly off topic.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No problem mate I know what you mean that this has happened across the country (f***ing hell been to belfast if they can poncify that they can do it anywhere). Its just this promotion of the town as a lifestyle rather than a resort, and the fact its aimed at people who in reality are quite conservative, no matter how left field and groovy they think they are. the influx of those has been like a tidal wave in the last ten years. i think we have lost some of the genuine quirkyness to london house price bores sunday newspaper columnists and an off-the-peg trendiness by association of living here.

real brighton is a few pints up the toby or the downs, the races, working your way down elm grove then pav tav and the pink coconut or the suite. or it was. nothing stays the same i suppose.
you forgot shades ,smugglers and swifts :lol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
there used to be on a long time ago called the hungry years, which is not a lot of f***ing use to you now is it , dont know why ive posted this :laugh:

I spent many a Friday night at the Years. Always used to finish the evening with Ace of Spades. Oh, Glory days!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
duplicate post.

EDIT - whilst I'm here I seem to recall that Brighton Kemptown holds the record for the largest Parliamentary majority, for the Conservative party. Can't be arsed to check though.

I can remember Bexhill & Battle having the highest majority % in the country in the 80's, not sure if it was a record though

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Motorhead and Saxon are at the Dome shortly. I am sorely tempted to go.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saxon were a very good band of the late 70's 747 Strangers in the Night, ROCK ON.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
there used to be on a long time ago called the hungry years, which is not a lot of f***ing use to you now is it , dont know why ive posted this :laugh:

Used to love the Years. Does anyone remember the dwarf throwing that would occasionally kick off? That was my - very short - mate Martin.

Saxon reminds me of another band of the era that I haven't hear from for a long time - Wishbone Ash - used to love that guitar work.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
c01a8dd9ab287470a9ed0088a56905ff.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually, I think it was the SMALLEST for a bit with a maj of SEVEN.

Then the Lib Dems beat that record in Winchester in 1997 with a maj of TWO.

Needs checking.

Dennis Hobden's majority was seven when he won the Kemp Town seat in 1964.

ACKCHERLEY - I was right. Christ, the rubbish that I seem to remember.

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cach...y+majority+brighton&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=11&gl=uk

137 / 142 / 143
from Wikipedia (so it must be true!):
Largest majority
The largest majority received by an individual is also Sir Cooper Rawson, reelected with a majority of 62253 at Brighton in 1931. The largest majority received by a woman is 38823 by the Countess of Iveagh elected MP for Southend in 1931.
comment_arr.gif
by Graeme July 23rd, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With little or no integrated policy on, say, security or transport? ???

?.....The Met, London transport and BR all seemed to be able to cope for two decades whilst London was split into the boroughs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it 'cause Boris is posh/tory or both? I don't see you complaining about England being run by a party that seems to be predominantly from inner cities, Scotland and Wales.

you dont see me complaining about the UK...where have you been? I always moan about the UK whoever runs it.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I am going. Motorhead I genuinley like. Saxon - Comedy impact should be worth the ticket price alone.

I saw Saxon support Motorhead on the "Bomber" tour in 1979.

Motorhead were good.

Saxon were dull as ditchwater.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here