Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris is Back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Take some head ache tablets and sleep it off

Thank you. PS I think it was Frank Dobson who stood for Labour in the first London mayoral election. He was my MP for Camden at the time. I voted for Ken.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thank you. PS I think it was Frank Dobson who stood for Labour in the first London mayoral election. He was my MP for Camden at the time. I voted for Ken.

Yes that's right it was Dobson who had a very dour campaign to say the least

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't Livingstone stand as an independent last time round as Labour would not back him ?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Correct someone else stood for Labour - Frank Field ?

Was Ken standing for Labour this time around , i ask because i seem to remember him enjoying giving the labour party a bloody nose when he was 1st elected,and was wondering when they had kissed and made up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Was Ken standing for Labour this time around , i ask because i seem to remember him enjoying giving the labour party a bloody nose when he was 1st elected,and was wondering when they had kissed and made up.

He was the Labour candidate yes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe he should have stayed independant not many lefties in town but quite a few would vote independant, as not many are happy with the weak idiots currently running the tories

He'd have lost whatever he dressed himself as, he is seen as a dinosaur nowadays. The swing in politics in London does seem to be to the right however.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't Livingstone stand as an independent last time round as Labour would not back him ?

Correct. If I remember correctly he got stitched up in the Labour party selection process-new Labour didn't want him to stand and pretty much fixed it so he didn't. He then decided to stand as an independent and got kicked out of the party for doing so as it broke party rules. To then win the election was quite an achievement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair play Sir, not many people bother to apologise.
I do still think you should stop having a pop at HB&B about his marathon time, at least he had the balls to have a go.

No problem. I often overstep the mark and when I feel an apology is needed I am not afraid to offer one.

My issue with HBnB's marathon attempt is that he didn't really have a go. He didn't do much training and as a consequence limped around in 6 hours 30. He then lapped up the glory. It wasn't the heroic effort he and his friends made it out to be. Compared to a lot of ordinary but dedicated and determined people who trained religiously 4-5 times a week for 4 months he did very little in fact. In my opinion he undermined all these people, as do other jokers like Jordan. They want the glory and the adulation without putting in the effort.

I'm rather passionate about running and I get frustrated by certain types. But I shall stop having a pop because I have made my point too many times.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No problem. I often overstep the mark and when I feel an apology is needed I am not afraid to offer one.

My issue with HBnB's marathon attempt is that he didn't really have a go. He didn't do much training and as a consequence limped around in 6 hours 30. He then lapped up the glory. It wasn't the heroic effort he and his friends made it out to be. Compared to a lot of ordinary but dedicated and determined people who trained religiously 4-5 times a week for 4 months he did very little in fact. In my opinion he undermined all these people, as do other jokers like Jordan. They want the glory and the adulation without putting in the effort.

I'm rather passionate about running and I get frustrated by certain types. But I shall stop having a pop because I have made my point too many times.

Damn I had always believed HB & B was the Messiah but clearly he is a very naughty boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here