Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris is Back.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Let it go. He won. London has spoken

Completely missed the point. I'm not commentating on his politics, he hasn't got any, I'm commentating on the public profile he has invented.

Very difficult to invent a profile in politics these days, but Boris has - it's a masterclass.

This freaks the party out. He is electable, highly - even though he doesn't appear to believe in anything and a time when the personal profiles (again forget the politics) of Dave and Gideon are very very low.

It's fascinating. I think Ken is as false for the record, but I find Boris more interesting having read a few books. The general consensus appears to be the better the get to know him, the less you like him as a person.

The politicians do know him that's the problem - but how can they be seen to attack Boris ?

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Now whinging about media bias. Obviously never watched Channel 4 News.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He'll be fine all the time he remains a thorn in the side of Dave and Gideon. They'll be trying to get near, but I'd imagine he will keep his distance.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm not commentating on his politics, he hasn't got any
He does, actually. And they're based on a deep understanding of Conservatism's intellectual roots. Equipped with this, he can govern based on principle, instead of mere tactics.

Whatever happens, one asks "What will piss off everyone on the left?" Then one does it.

You can't call that 'not having any politics'. Why this very principle, ageless, austere, rooted in the depths of philosophy, can be found in the pages of Burke. Or Hayek Or Oakeshott. I'm not sure which, but I know it's in there somewheres.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hail the conquering hero, well done Boris

Only in England could you vote an absolute f***ing baffoon to lead your capital city. There is a reason why we are absolutely shit at pretty much everything we do. This country has got what it deserves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hail the conquering hero, well done Boris

Says the man who champions illiterate losers who spend over six hours "running" marathons.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's closer than predicted, even if the results haven't all been counted yet.

Doesn't matter if it is one vote mate, the winner is the winner and I have to live in this shithole and I'd rather Boris than Ken, although I hate all politicians.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
A major issue is the totally different social, economic and demographic maske up of the inner and outer boroughs. Quite what Bromley has in common with Hackney, Islington or Camden is not at all clear to me and I think a far better solution would be to have one Mayor for the inner Boroughs and some buffoon for the outer. The way I see it is that inner & outer London have about as much in common with one another as say, South Shields and Durham, and they don't have to put up with one person to represent them both do they?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A major issue is the totally different social, economic and demographic maske up of the inner and outer boroughs. Quite what Bromley has in common with Hackney, Islington or Camden is not at all clear to me and I think a far better solution would be to have one Mayor for the inner Boroughs and some buffoon for the outer. The way I see it is that inner & outer London have about as much in common with one another as say, South Shields and Durham, and they don't have to put up with one person to represent them both do they?

I guess you don't live in London. One mayor is enough thank you, and he probably got voted in on the back of the chancellor being in the political bed with him.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i dont dabble too much into london politics but the simple fact that the re-election of Boris winds the nutty left brigade up into a frenzy to a point where all their chips leap joey lemming mode off their shoulders in confusion is a good enough reason for me to celebrate King Boris.I shall sleep soundly tonight with the occasional snigger.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Says the man who champions illiterate losers who spend over six hours "running" marathons.

Really, when did I run a marathon then ?

Being in the Groovy Gang is clearly getting to you

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Doesn't matter if it is one vote mate, the winner is the winner and I have to live in this shithole and I'd rather Boris than Ken, although I hate all politicians.

Even though I don't live in the London area, I'd rather Boris every day of the week as well. However, it was closer than the prediction polls had been making out. But yeah, I fully agree with you, Boris is the best of a crummy bunch of politicians anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here