Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring Boring Arsenal...Man U, Chelsea...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Piece on Five News about how the Premiershit is becoming crap - not enough goals, title already decided in September, fans being outpriced etc. Is the Premiership in danger of disappearing up it's own arse, or becoming blighty's answer to Serie A?

I was going to watch MOTD 2 last night, but having checked the scores before the programme I decided to read a book instead.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cheeky Monkey said:
Piece on Five News about how the Premiershit is becoming crap - not enough goals, title already decided in September, fans being outpriced etc. Is the Premiership in danger of disappearing up it's own arse, or becoming blighty's answer to Serie A?

I was going to watch MOTD 2 last night, but having checked the scores before the programme I decided to read a book instead.

Has the title all ready been won?

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Re: Re: Boring Boring Arsenal...Man U, Chelsea...

KinkyGoebels said:
yer Chelsea won it again

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Chelsea have it for the next few years as well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kinky, do you really think any other team can mount a challenge?

And what if, God forbid, Man Utd do get their act together - does anyone really care if it's Glazer or Abramovich's millions that buy the trophy?

I think the success of the England rugby team and now cricket team have shown us all what real sportmanship is all about, and people can see these overpaid prima donnas for what they really are.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Championship is the most interesting league in England.. FACT.

For England read Britian.

I know how much MYOB likes that..:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Conference is pretty good too, if you want to find out how interesting then try telling a Hereford fan that you follow Brighton...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just a good job we're in the Championship, eh?

:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Boring Boring Arsenal...Man U, Chelsea...

KinkyGoebels said:

there is no team capable of challenging chelsea

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
According to Football Supporters' Federation chairman Malcolm Clarke, fans have had enough of being "ripped off" by high ticket prices to watch "boring" football in the top flight.

Clarke believes it was only a matter of time before the "bubble burst" and supporters started voicing their disapproval by staying away.

"We hate to tell you so," reflected Clarke. "We told them at the time of the Football Task Force, and have been ever since, that a combination of price rises way above that of inflation, decreasing competitiveness and messing about with kick-off times would eventually result in the bubble bursting and there being a turn-off from fans.

"We are now seeing the first signs of that happening. Supporters have had enough of being ripped off, the Premiership is boring, it is no longer competitive and there is a negative attitude to some of the players' wages.

"It is all a bit of a turn off."

He added: "Although Chelsea looked like they might have turned a two-horse race into a three-horse race last season, now it seems likely to be more of a one-horse race.

"Most supporters know before a ball is kicked their team stands little chance of winning the league and for a lot of them, there is no chance of winning anything at all, just the hope they will not slip into the relegation fight."

:clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
Kinky, do you really think any other team can mount a challenge?

And what if, God forbid, Man Utd do get their act together - does anyone really care if it's Glazer or Abramovich's millions that buy the trophy?

I think the success of the England rugby team and now cricket team have shown us all what real sportmanship is all about, and people can see these overpaid prima donnas for what they really are.

So chelsea are above injurys?
Chelsea are stoppable if you attack them - teams that play chelsea always sit back- you attack Terry with Pace or skill you will get something

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Kinky, Chelsea could lose 12 of their first team squad to injury and STILL boss the league.

It is unrealistic to hope they will be struck down by something and the fact of the matter remains that this season's premiership title is theirs - FACT.

I also think people are underestimating the significance of all the messed up kick off times.

3pm Saturday was every football fan's bread and butter. You might not ALWAYS be able to make it but you near enough can by virtue of the fact that you'll always look to keep that time slot free in your calendar. It just stands to reason. BUT with matches being played all over the week and weekend, kicking off at all sorts of different times how are you meant to juggle your life around it so easily? Furthermore not everyone can attend a game at 7:30pm midweek owing to having a job. If you're a Mon-Fri 9-5 worker then Saturday afternoon is perfect. But an evening kick off midweek is generally difficult to get to without leaving early, particularly for an away game.

And these funny kick off times are more and more regular now. We get annoyed about it in the Championship but Premiership teams get it 10 times worse and you only need to look at last season's fixtures to see that some teams are playing LESS THAN HALF their home games on a Saturday afternoon. Fans can't plan their lives round their team if they can't rely on the kick off time.

Kick Sky out of football I say. They're no good for the game, despite all the money they pump into it. We're far better off going back to grass roots stuff

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bluejuice said:
Kinky, Chelsea could lose 12 of their first team squad to injury and STILL boss the league.

It is unrealistic to hope they will be struck down by something and the fact of the matter remains that this season's premiership title is theirs - FACT.

I also think people are underestimating the significance of all the messed up kick off times.

3pm Saturday was every football fan's bread and butter. You might not ALWAYS be able to make it but you near enough can by virtue of the fact that you'll always look to keep that time slot free in your calendar. It just stands to reason. BUT with matches being played all over the week and weekend, kicking off at all sorts of different times how are you meant to juggle your life around it so easily? Furthermore not everyone can attend a game at 7:30pm midweek owing to having a job. If you're a Mon-Fri 9-5 worker then Saturday afternoon is perfect. But an evening kick off midweek is generally difficult to get to without leaving early, particularly for an away game.

And these funny kick off times are more and more regular now. We get annoyed about it in the Championship but Premiership teams get it 10 times worse and you only need to look at last season's fixtures to see that some teams are playing LESS THAN HALF their home games on a Saturday afternoon. Fans can't plan their lives round their team if they can't rely on the kick off time.

Kick Sky out of football I say. They're no good for the game, despite all the money they pump into it. We're far better off going back to grass roots stuff

wit out the sky money almost every one of the 92 league clubs would die

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bluejuice said:

Quite right.

There were only 5 games on Saturday last week. Just 3 were played at 3pm if my memory serves me correctly.

5. That's shit. Surely Sky can make do with just showing maybe 2 live games a weekend and allow the majority to go ahead at 3pm on a Saurday or is the FA too keen to make big bucks?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Saturation coverage (thanks in part to several kick off times) + excessive ticket prices + lack of competition at the top + better product in other sports + whinging overpaid primadonners not behaving like role models = WANING INTEREST.

How can it cost more to stand at Crawley than to stand at Juventus? RIDICULOUS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here