Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bores who are your partner's friends partner

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have lots of friends, both male and female, who for one reason or another have chosen to go out with utter dullards.

I'd happily have a drink with them but I just find having to make bullshit conversation with their bland lesser-halves excruciating. I tend to drink heavily to ease the boredom.

The worst are the tee-totalers who just stand than quietly judging and making snipes about 'how pissed you were' the next day. Oh do BORE OFF.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
This post has made me laugh out loud after spending a day will my dull work colleagues!!

Yes my missus does the same, some of her mates fella's are so boring id rather entertain myself by sticking a hot iron down my trousers just to avoid talking to them! Then the immortal line comes out "ooooo we should go on holiday together!"

Not a f***ing chance!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
See I have NEVER had this problem.

Gotta say Im kind of lucky then.

Harry Enfield had a sketch " What ya driving John?" hurr hurr

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er heloooo!!! One league title , TWO FA Cup wins TWO Cup winners cup wins, and a League cup win before Abramovich thank you very much, and if this bloke is a grown man and doesnt know those facts he's not a fan, he's a sad JCL .
To be fair, he might have known this but I was recalling the wikipedia page from my own memory. I don't actually care, you see, but I do know that Chelsea were a very unremarkable club before this Russian tosser. Nothing wrong with that, mind. His first game was a 5-0 drubbing of Leeds when he said he was one of many who invaded the pitch after Leeds pulled down the scoreboard.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yes there are. However, I do quite like the game myself, and some of them are absolutely fine in any case. Naturally, most of the normal reasonable chaps at the two Reigate based rugby clubs also like a spot of soccerball too. The old adage of "never trust a man who doesn't like football" is what needs to be considered here. :thumbsup:

Agreed with rugby you can find something to talk about, even if it is only about footballers feigning injury. My number one fear is ... "Sport ? Not really, but I quite like Formula 1." The female equivalent is discussing horrorscopes and star signs, may as well wear a cat loving spinster, onesie.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Having run/owned pubs for a number of years (not now thank god) my wife and I didn't get into the dinner party scene as we were working. However over the years some of the most boring people have led me to an early drink with their uninteresting conversations, especially when its quite and you can't get away. Suddenly there's something needing my attention in the cellar.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I won't tolerate nitwits in my life anymore. Some of my recent ex's mates were just plain mental. Theatre types that I would rather set on fire than speak to. Utterly self absorbed and crazy. Ghastly. One particular harridon, over the hill and enraged that her mate now had a man and she did not went proper single white female culminating in her attacking me in my own flat over dinner and drinks with a dinner set of glass tumblers. I picked her up, streaming mascara and all and literally threw her out of the flat. I got shot of the whole lot of 'em including my girlfriend soon after.

I didn't know you still wore mascara Nibster?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Excellent thread!

My wifes mates husband is so unbelievably dull. Before I first met him I was reliably told by my wife 'he has a guitar so you are bound to get on'!!! After 20minutes of trying to get anything that resembled a conversation going and having discovered he has no interest in sport or anything else even remotely interesting I decided to focus my attention on drinking instead. In the end I was so bored I fell asleep in the chair.

Needless to say after they left I got a right earful from the wife but why do women insist on these forced encounters?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Not really had many experiences like this. One that is the opposite in fact, through my wife and her friend, got to know her friends partner. Great bloke and has become one of my best mates tbh [MENTION=24159]Rastamouse84[/MENTION] - good lad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This post has made me laugh out loud after spending a day will my dull work colleagues!!

Yes my missus does the same, some of her mates fella's are so boring id rather entertain myself by sticking a hot iron down my trousers just to avoid talking to them! Then the immortal line comes out "ooooo we should go on holiday together!"

Not a f***ing chance!!

The same type of no-lifes who stay sober on firms night outs, then spend the next year or more bitching with a photographic memory about those who were drunk and/or who flirted with the opposite sex.

:yawn:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My wife has a Hove based friend - one of her best friends - and in 18 years of knowing her, she's never EVER had a proper boyfriend. She's not gay. She is fairly unattractive though, although not prohibitively so.

I love this thread but am intrigued by this phrase, I've been pondering over its meaning for hours - does this mean that you're not tempted by a threesome with her and your wife but might be if a few pints had been drunk? :)

And what's a "proper" boyfriend? Is this as opposed to an improper one?

To go back to the thread. I can't say this has happened to me - but the ex Mrs Gwylan had a poisonous set of friends and I would do anything to avoid having to go out with them. I didn't meet many of their partners but they couldn't have been worse - in fact, the one I did meet was a perfectly decent bloke.

The present Mrs G has a decent set of friends and partners that are human. In fact, I went to the Albion with one a few weeks ago.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Excellent thread!

My wifes mates husband is so unbelievably dull. Before I first met him I was reliably told by my wife 'he has a guitar so you are bound to get on'!!! After 20minutes of trying to get anything that resembled a conversation going and having discovered he has no interest in sport or anything else even remotely interesting I decided to focus my attention on drinking instead. In the end I was so bored I fell asleep in the chair.

Needless to say after they left I got a right earful from the wife but why do women insist on these forced encounters?

Years ago when I was with my ex we went round her friends house and both her mate and husband fell asleep on the sofa you got me worried now :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here