Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Books that made you laugh out loud?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have been having a good chuckle at the Alan Partridge "autobiography" recently

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Frank Skinner's autobiography

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I read quite a bit but have never found 'funny' books compelling to read. I'm not really an autobiography reader so that puts me at a disadvantage. Spike Milligan books were the last ones I enjoyed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The one book I remember barely being able to breathe from laughing so much is Unreliable Memoirs by Clive James.

I was going to post that. When I read it, it was almost like he was talking to you with that dry wit delivery that made his travel programmes entertaining.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Piece of cake by Derek Robinson. All about a fighter squadron in the Battle of Britain. Very dark humour, but some laugh out loud moments.

The other half couldn't stop laughing at the Paul O'Grady books.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have been having a good chuckle at the Alan Partridge "autobiography" recently

I have never read a book as funny as this. I, Partridge We need to Talk About Alan, is simply a work of comedy genius that ties together the whole Alan Partridge story from the man himself. There is barely a paragraph that goes past that isn't funny.

I've been reading it while getting Youtube clips from the relevant shows as well. Can't recommend the book enough to anybody that has even had a passing interest in Partridge over the years.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Tha Amatuers and also Kill your Friends by John Niven, both so funny and both very much aimed at the male audience.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh, and I will add 'The Dalkey Archive', and 'The Third Policeman' by Flann O'Brien. These satirical surreal Irish novels are real comedy classics.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Darwin Awards, Bryson and Clive James also very funny and the brilliant Tom Sharpe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here