Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Book Recommendations

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I've just read Julian Clary's autobiography, it's put me off buggery for life!

But apparently not Ivan Massov who Julian claims "dated" him for a time, the boy certainly seems to have spread it around.

Sadly his rather crude joke at the expense of Norman Lamont back at some TV awards ceremony in 1993 effectively ruined his TV career, which has effectively been (ahermmm) filled by that Irish Queen...wonder what Moscow made of him?:rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Following on from my two previous recommendations.

You can't go wrong with 'A Year in Merde' by Stephen Clarke.

Also worth considering 'Happy-Slapped by a Jellyfish' by Karl Pilkington.

I do love a good football autobiography/football anything, trying to broaden my literature though. Currently reading Stalingrad which is a bit heavy going

...Then you will love "My father and other working class football heroes" by Gary Imlach - this is about the umpteenth time I have recommended it on similar threads - do I have to go out and buy you all a personal copy, well do I???

Or if you like a bit of murder mystery what about the Inspector Grace series by Peter James, set in and around Brighton and a new one is out soon. Some of his sidekicks are entertaining but his lovely girl friends occupation could be a turn off for many.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
A Quiet Vendetta
What a cracking read (especially if you have any interest at all in the Mafia).
Just discovered the author RJ Ellory. Are his other books any good anyone?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Any books by the following;
John Grisham
Lee Childs
Micheal Connelly
Jeffery Deaver
Stephen Leather
Lynda La Plante
Martina Cole
Harlem Corbin
Peter James
Mark Billingham.

All fiction based on crime/legal/gangland backgrounds

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Currently reading this :

rubbish-180x286.jpg

about halfway through and enjoying it greatly , going to follow it up with this

4beeb48ee3c33fc02d14153fab44086d.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or if you like a bit of murder mystery what about the Inspector Grace series by Peter James, set in and around Brighton and a new one is out soon. Some of his sidekicks are entertaining but his lovely girl friends occupation could be a turn off for many.

I'm reading that at the moment, its called Dead Like You. Its about a serial rapist with a SHOE fetish. He rapes some woman in the Metropole, and forces her to 'pleasure herself' with the heel of her stiletto, before sticking it up her arse.

Nice.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Just finished The Football Business by David Conn, - really enjoyed it, basically just slags off/reveals how greedy the F.A and certain individuals have been, exploiting the boom of the Premier League.

Also read the F.A book by David Davies which I also thoroughly enjoyed and recommend

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
"Lucky You", "Sick Puppy" or almost anything else by Karl Hiassen, for my sense of humour laugh out loud funny. "The Blue Afternoon" by William Boyd, I like all his books but they are very different and can be a bit unsettling, but "The Blue Afternoon" is just a great read for everybody, in my opinion.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm reading that at the moment, its called Dead Like You. Its about a serial rapist with a SHOE fetish. He rapes some woman in the Metropole, and forces her to 'pleasure herself' with the heel of her stiletto, before sticking it up her arse.

Does the author know Danny Seagull...?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Ides of March by Manfreddi is very good as is Persian Fire by Tom Holland, although it will change your mind totally about the Muslim vs the West ideas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here