Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Today

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No worries, if they did a poll on here about who most confuses opinion with fact, you'd be vey near to the top.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Why? Ian Hart is not an employee of the club. He is a fan and is just as much entitled to his opinion as the fans who chose to boo the team. Nevertheless, he IS clearly wrong - the club will go to the wall without the STHs.

To me, what happened yesterday is just a reflection of society as it is now. People used to pay their money to go to see a football match in the full knowledge that there is a possibility that they will see a bad performance (part and parcel of the game). Now fans see themselves as 'consumers', and have an EXPECTATION their team must entertain (or at least be answerable for its performance in the same way that they (the fans) are in their own working lives). And people want success - and NOW. This is not a criticism, but I do think it's pretty sad in a way.

I completely agree with that.

Our match ticket promises us admission to a 90 minute football match, nothing more. What used to be hopes have become expectations and entitlements, in football as in life.

Yesterday was poor and disappointing, but no huge surprise. At this level I believe we will under-perform sometimes and hopefully there will be occasions when we play above ourselves. Look at the other results in our division. What is predictable?

I don't believe that any of our players goes out there and does not try 100% - just because someone plays poorly doesn't mean they are not trying.

If people don't like what they are seeing, don't go. If you go to a restaurant and have bad meal, you can choose to not go there again. If you are a STH, you surely know that anything is possible. There are no promises.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here