Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Barnes...

Dec 29, 2011
I heard it, when he was subbed on an the PA guy said "Ashley Barnes". Sounded like the north stand from where I was sitting

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
All I could hear was the North singing the aye aye ashley barnes song.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
There was one occasion when audible boos could be heard as Barnes got the ball. It was at the end of that 'We're the North Stand', 'We're the West Stand' nonsense, and was people in the North booing the West for not replying, in time honoured fashion.

It was unfortunate that Barnes received the ball just as the boos rang out, but unrelated to Barnes.

That is an.EXACT description of what happened. Thread closed.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Barnes played well when he came on, neat and tidy and won a few important free kicks. Only thing he did wrong was nod that header the wrong way in the last minute.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No booing from anywhere. Just coincided with the big Millwall lumps that kept going down like they had been hit with a sledgehammer.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Did not hear the booing but he had no impact on the game what so ever, the young man should not be in the squad let alone the team, he is not good enough and never will be.Lack of decent strikers has cost us promotion and the money that goes with it 2 seasons on the trot.Tony not signing strikers again this season has denied you the riches that promotion to the premier league brings,the rest of the team are more than capable of achieving promotion the strikers are not.If Gus cant see this fcuking sack him ffs
Best player on the pitch when he came on and real appetite to receive the ball and take responsibility.

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
An unfortunate coincidence actually. Barnes received the ball at the very same time as a chorus of boos was ringing out. The boos were in fact for the Millwall player returning on to the pitch after trying to time waste (and getting booked for it). So, that is that. Thread closed as they say.

This

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Did not hear the booing but he had no impact on the game what so ever, the young man should not be in the squad let alone the team, he is not good enough and never will be.Lack of decent strikers has cost us promotion and the money that goes with it 2 seasons on the trot.Tony not signing strikers again this season has denied you the riches that promotion to the premier league brings,the rest of the team are more than capable of achieving promotion the strikers are not.If Gus cant see this fcuking sack him ffs

The sooner you carry out your threat last week to fck off the better.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There was one occasion when audible boos could be heard as Barnes got the ball. It was at the end of that 'We're the North Stand', 'We're the West Stand' nonsense, and was people in the North booing the West for not replying, in time honoured fashion.

It was unfortunate that Barnes received the ball just as the boos rang out, but unrelated to Barnes.

This is one of the reasons why i think it is such a shitty chant. None of the content of the chant is supportive of the team, and to cap it all it often leads to booing, which sometimes happens when an Albion player is on the ball (except the booers haven't noticed because they are presumably looking at what another stand is doing instead of following the action).

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
fair enough and also if that boo when he got the ball was coincidental, there was still booing from a fair few people sitting behind me in the WSL. Some people just need to get a grip, do they think it's going to make him better if he hears it? Tossers.

If they were booing any player in our stripes I am totally with you. Tossers

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The booing at HT was worse for me - like that is going to help anything. Yes we were poor, but booing like we're in the wrong end of the league ?

Hope those booing piss of and support Crawley.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Thought it was this, rather than the 'wall player rolling around. Deffo didn't hear ANY aimed at Barnes from WSUnorth

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yawn

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Whoever was doing this, piss off and dont come back. Never been more annoyed with our own fans than when there was an audible booing when he got the ball. Absolutely shocking behaviour, I dont care if you dont like Barnes, I'll admit myself he wasnt great when he came on, but to be our own team is bang out of order. Rant over.

Did you also hear the Sieg Heil chants also?

There was booing at half time though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

When he came on, he played midfield and did it bloody well in my opinion. He and Lua Lua were the only players on the pitch who actually demanded the ball and then actually did something with it.

I watched him closely tonight and do you know how many times he gave the ball away? None. Do you know how many times he won free kicks? Five.

He was class tonight. Only Lua Lua was better for me.

There was booing at the very same time, but it was aimed at one of their time-wasting cheats/fake injured.

Which one ? So many to choose from. The keeper was a classic - he must have thought he was Argentinian - what a massive twat :wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here