Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booed off at half-time?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I assumed it was for the ref or a Leeds player. Surely it could t have been our players. I'm certain it wasn't.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I heard a few boos in the North but not sure they were aimed at the team - more likely the ref & Leeds players.

This. There was booing in the WSU but it was not aimed at the Brighton players. I'm pretty sure it was aimed at the ref as he seemed reluctant to punish some of the harsh Leeds tackles that were flying in just before half time.

There was a pillock a few rows in front of me, in the North Stand, who was booing Casper Ankergren at half time and giving him a mouthful of advice about the need to hoof the ball upfield more.

Once the second half came round, he got tetchy about the people in front of him standing up - and called a steward across to read her the bit in the programme that talks about the Ground Regulations. She had the common sense to roll her eyes heavenwards.

I rather regret failing to point out to him at the end of the game that the third Leeds goal came directly from a rare Ankergren long hoof into the hands of the opposition goalkeeper, who was able to set up the last desperate attack that lost us the lead. I had, however, been told in no uncertain terms at half-time that I wasn't entitled to an opinion about the need to support our team because "I hadn't been at Leicester".

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
There were definitely some dick heads booing in the west upper, but I was more pissed off with the lack of clapping at the end. What a game though!

Because of the travel arrangements getting home, the end of games, just seems to be a mass exodus to run for buses & trains.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Heard some booing from the north. Didn't seem to be aimed at the ref as it was right on the whistle. Un-f***ing-believable.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
There was a pillock a few rows in front of me, in the North Stand, who was booing Casper Ankergren at half time and giving him a mouthful of advice about the need to hoof the ball upfield more.

Once the second half came round, he got tetchy about the people in front of him standing up - and called a steward across to read her the bit in the programme that talks about the Ground Regulations. She had the common sense to roll her eyes heavenwards.

I rather regret failing to point out to him at the end of the game that the third Leeds goal came directly from a rare Ankergren long hoof into the hands of the opposition goalkeeper, who was able to set up the last desperate attack that lost us the lead. I
had, however, been told in no uncertain terms at half-time that I wasn't entitled to an opinion about the need to support our team because "I hadn't been at Leicester".

I think "pillock" is mild

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
You're wrong. There was a few dickheads booing the team off at half-time. Clear enough?
I didn't hear none in the WSL but if people were booing they are f***ing dicks, it was obvious gus was gonna rally em up for the 2nd half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here