Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bonfire night question (not tfor Lewes Bonfire society inbreds) ....

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
And the fact that the police and various societies have banned dropping bangers in the processions

WTF? why, ffs?

to the OP, try east hoathly. if you can get there...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Disagree - it's over £10k of fireworks and carries on for around 40 minutes. Beer and food is available as well ( no pub lockouts like Lewes ). To add to all of that you're supporting a local charity.

Lockouts? Must be your behaviour.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyone can put up £10k of fireworks over 40 minutes. £250 a minute isn't that much. It's what you do with it that counts.

Nibble - I doubt you'll be missed....

Well not anyone - you need £10k in the first place !!!! Seriously, it's a good display and an even better cause. Only £10 per adult and £5 per child. In previous years it's also been named in the top 10 of fireworks displays in the UK by The Times.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Having worked a lot in lewes over the last year, I would say its bang on the money !!

Swelling the numbers eh?, I thought they'd been on the increase!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I haven't been to Lewes for firework night since about 1968. Pretty basic but a fantastic atmosphere. And a BIG bonfire.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

88brighton

Feb 13, 2008
Hangleton
Go to the one at Nevill Rec!! Good fireworks and a football clubhouse that has a decent bar and sells hot dogs and burgers at good prices!! Went there last year and will be there again this year!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I couldn't give a rats ass if you think it's a crap night. It's far more enjoyable in the procession and I'd do it if no-one turned up.

If no-one turned up, you couldn't be a procession by yourself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here