Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] BOE: The UK is like a coiled spring.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Are you

• Better off

Votes: 66 49.6%
  • Worse off

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 39 29.3%

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Investing in businesses throughout the country is a different thing though. I bet there are thousands that would be claiming universal credit and mental health help now without the INVESTMENT that they have given.
I can not physically count how many business owners that said without the support they have received that they would have been destroyed financially and mentally.

How do you think Labour would have dealt with it?

Labour would've spent much much more. Not sure anybody can put a price is on what is happening at the moment

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Investing in businesses throughout the country is a different thing though. I bet there are thousands that would be claiming universal credit and mental health help now without the INVESTMENT that they have given.
I can not physically count how many business owners that said without the support they have received that they would have been destroyed financially and mentally.

Labour would've spent much much more. Not sure anybody can put a price is on what is happening at the moment

Mouldy Brain - classic vacuous whataboutery

Portslade peabrain - states can’t put a price on it....but regardless of this claims Labour would have spent more.

:thumbsup:

You alright fellas? Lockdown getting to you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

“Investment” :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Still on the juice from last night then HT?

Perhaps a diet lemonade may calm you down a bit???

I’m fine thank you. Was out running this morning and then had a nice brunch. Might have a glass of wine with my dinner but think this will be all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Portslade peabrain - states can’t put a price on it....but regardless of this claims Labour would have spent more.

You can't put a price on it but as I said Labour would have spent more than the conservatives have, maybe could've have saved some of the retail job losses

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Don't you go confusing them, they know who's after their cookie

Banker-Worker-Immigrant-cookie-distribution-1.png

Just lucky Johnson's here to save them :lolol:

Last edited:

Results of the poll not surprising, all data shows households that have stayed in jobs have used lockdown to save or pay down debt. In a narrow sense this makes individual households better off but stores up lots of problems for sluggish economic growth (unless the government does something which given how inept they are, is some hope). Those who have got worse off, have got worse off by A LOT though, which is obviously terrible for child poverty, homelessness, mental health, you name it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can't put a price on it but as I said Labour would have spent more than the conservatives have, maybe could've have saved some of the retail job losses

Instead of giving their mates £billions for failed PPE contracts or trace & track which never worked?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Instead of giving their mates £billions for failed PPE contracts or trace & track which never worked?

Yep agree, just doesn't make sense for the high street to be decimated like it has when some government backing could've helped. Maybe there are laws that prevent this but they helped the banking sector

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep agree, just doesn't make sense for the high street to be decimated like it has when some government backing could've helped. Maybe there are laws that prevent this but they helped the banking sector

Rishi Sunak was involved in the banking end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good to see British businesses doing well. My favourite Brewdog are expanding yet again....shame it’s a Brexit proof brewery complex in France though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Last time I was in the UK the High Streets were thriving. I saw loads of nail salons, bookies, tattoo parlors, vape shops, pound shops, more bookies, off licenses and charity shops. What’s the issue? The High Street is alive and well.

Jul 20, 2003
The economy will be fine

The economy didn't die 10 years before it's time

It's alright 'cause the historical pattern has shown
How the economical cycle tends to revolve
In a round of decades three stages stand out in a loop
A slump and war then peel back to square one and back for more
Bigger slump and bigger wars and a smaller recovery
Huger slump and greater wars and a shallower recovery
You see the recovery always comes 'round again
There's nothing to worry for things will look after themselves
It's alright recovery always comes 'round again
There's nothing to worry if things can only get better
There's only millions that lose their jobs and homes and sometimes accents
There's only millions that die in their bloody wars, it's alright
It's only their lives and the lives of their next of kin that they are losing
It's only their lives and the lives of their next of kin that they are losing
It's alright 'cause the historical pattern has shown
How the economical cycle tends to revolve
In a round of decades three stages stand out in a loop
A slump and war then peel back to square one and back for more
Bigger slump and bigger wars and a smaller recovery
Huger slump and greater wars and a shallower recovery
Don't worry be happy things will get better naturally
Don't worry shut up sit down go with it and be happy
Dumb, dumb, dumb, de dumb dumb, de duh de duh de dumb dumb dum... ah ah
Dumb, dumb, dumb, de dumb dumb, de duh de duh de dumb dumb dum... ah ah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsu...FXnVZmnnG2UEjxDdaFcWZWWut4WZ3wWcYxoE-fblIehSo

Jul 20, 2003
Last time I was in the UK the High Streets were thriving. I saw loads of nail salons, bookies, tattoo parlors, vape shops, pound shops, more bookies, off licenses and charity shops. What’s the issue? The High Street is alive and well.

I move to Hove nearly 20 years ago, before 'big' Tesco went in near George Street and....

[RAMBLE]blah, blah, blah [/RAMBLE]

I've said my piece

(could really do with a Poundland though, that would be a BOON to the area now)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

The established shops that employ thousands that draw people into high street in the 1st place. With these now going online footfall will drop and the high street fail

D

Deleted member 2719

Good to see British businesses doing well. My favourite Brewdog are expanding yet again....shame it’s a Brexit proof brewery complex in France though.

So will you admit, that Boris was not right to hold hands with the EU on vaccinations in July?

It pretty compelling, isn't it?

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2021-02-14-13-49-51.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2021-02-14-13-49-51.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 56

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So will you admit, that Boris was not right to hold hands with the EU on vaccinations in July?

It pretty compelling, isn't it?

We were talking about the economy.....whataboutery is a classic diversion and always a good indication that someone doesn’t have a response to the original point. I can only guess why you do this.

But as you ask I’m broadly fine with the way the EU, and Germany, have been handling Covid both from a health and an economic perspective. On vaccinations I feel it’s a bit early to judge anyone as different countries have different programs and strategies, are using different vaccines and using different vaccines for over 65s, have different virus variants, have different levels of death etc etc. Germany has a very clear, but nuanced, strategy to have jabbed everyone (with both jabs) by July. This is on track and I have every confidence this will be achieved.

D

Deleted member 2719

We were talking about the economy.....whataboutery is a classic diversion and always a good indication that someone doesn’t have a response to the original point. I can only guess why you do this.

But as you ask I’m broadly fine with the way the EU, and Germany, have been handling Covid both from a health and an economic perspective. On vaccinations I feel it’s a bit early to judge anyone as different countries have different programs and strategies, are using different vaccines and using different vaccines for over 65s, have different virus variants, have different levels of death etc etc. Germany has a very clear, but nuanced, strategy to have jabbed everyone (with both jabs) by July. This is on track and I have every confidence this will be achieved.

Broadly fine sounds a little bit like you're devasted.

This was exactly what I was saying regarding death rates in the UK and accused of whataboutery.

All the countries have different setups, but you can't deny Boris and Matty boy have played a blinder sticking it all together.

I suppose this is why the country is still right behind them, rather than the whataboutery brothers Starmer and Ashworth.

Anyway back on topic.

Britains are ready for take-off.....................................3.........................................2.........................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here