Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob Booker - a man without responsibility?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
That annoying horse faced one dimensional talentless waste of space who plugs every business in sussex after shes loaded up on the freebies.

BOOKER OUT

(Just because of the munt connection)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Bob Booker - a man without responsibility?

Bozza said:
That's my point - surely if credit is given for the good things then there should be criticism for the bad.

I'm not knocking Bob Booker at all - playing Devil's Advocate if you like - but I am amazed with all the abuse that flies about that Bob Booker seems to have escaped it all...
Maybe, maybe not. In which case, what specifically is or was your criticism of Bob Booker? Not that I expect you to, but please don't descend into 'it seems that...' type of argument. It has no value, and is completely meaningless.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
blockhseagull said:
I didn't blame just Booker, blamed both him and White

They must take training in McGhee's absence, if not what the f*** does he do
'Taking training' is a job taking up the time of more than two people. This isn't school-team training. We are talking about a squad of thirty-odd players here.

Away from the training ground, McGhee, Booker and White must discuss and deal with all things player-related, from current injury worries, through contract issues, personal and family problems, to tactics, morale, opposition, future players, the youth set-up, and all points in between. You think this is a job for just one person?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
'Taking training' is a job taking up the time of more than two people. This isn't school-team training. We are talking about a squad of thirty-odd players here.

Away from the training ground, McGhee, Booker and White must discuss and deal with all things player-related, from current injury worries, through contract issues, personal and family problems, to tactics, morale, opposition, future players, the youth set-up, and all points in between. You think this is a job for just one person?

No i think it is for the team of coaches to sort out what happens on the training ground, i expect Booker and White to coach the players and work on set pieces etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
blockhseagull said:
No i think it is for the team of coaches to sort out what happens on the training ground, i expect Booker and White to coach the players and work on set pieces etc.
I am sure that each of them has their own tasks and responsibilities. Set-pieces, while clearly piss-poor this season, are not the sole responsibility of the management. The players also need to come up with some of their own ideas, and satisfactorily execute them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bob Booker - a man without responsibility?

The Large One said:
Maybe, maybe not. In which case, what specifically is or was your criticism of Bob Booker? Not that I expect you to, but please don't descend into 'it seems that...' type of argument. It has no value, and is completely meaningless.

I don't have any criticism with Booker. As above, I'm surprised that more (any?) stick has not been sent his way, when there are so many people laying into McGhee.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bob Booker - a man without responsibility?

Bozza said:
I don't have any criticism with Booker. As above, I'm surprised that more (any?) stick has not been sent his way, when there are so many people laying into McGhee.

Exactly

My point, McGhee is getting all the flak when surely all the management team should be under the microscope

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
I am sure that each of them has their own tasks and responsibilities. Set-pieces, while clearly piss-poor this season, are not the sole responsibility of the management. The players also need to come up with some of their own ideas, and satisfactorily execute them.

I agree, all i'm saying is everyone is responsable for their own things, and surely Booker and White need to be examined also as our team do not look very well trained to me

So presumably he played no part at all in achiveing two championships, successive promotions, and he did refuse overtures from both Micky Adams and Peter taylor to go with them into their new jobs.............

ahhh but we don't want loyalty from the coaching staff anymore, just results.

imho bob booker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Storer68 said:
So presumably he played no part at all in achiveing two championships, successive promotions, and he did refuse overtures from both Micky Adams and Peter taylor to go with them into their new jobs.............

ahhh but we don't want loyalty from the coaching staff anymore, just results.

imho bob booker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I never said we should sack him, i was merely in agreement that if McGhee gets the shit so should Booker and White

I also said our free-kicks and corners are f***ing woeful, now if that is Booker and White fault then they should get flak for it, if McGhee has any imput in that him as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
blockhseagull said:
I never said we should sack him, i was merely in agreement that if McGhee gets the shit so should Booker and White

I also said our free-kicks and corners are f***ing woeful, now if that is Booker and White fault then they should get flak for it, if McGhee has any imput in that him as well.
There is only so far the management team's input can go into Frutos' corners not clearing the first defender. I don't believe for a second it's a cunning tactic for Fruty to plant each corner on the head of the shortarse at the near post.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
There is only so far the management team's input can go into Frutos' corners not clearing the first defender. I don't believe for a second it's a cunning tactic for Fruty to plant each corner on the head of the shortarse at the near post.

Yep fair point, but shouldn't the coaching staff, manager, whoever be working with him to sort that out ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
blockhseagull said:
But i'm not talking about his working relationship with MM or even his working relationships with the players.... i'm talking about coaching...we have no idea how to take a set piece, we also don't seem to be able to improve our player fitness or ablity...what do they coach them

Under Adams, Taylor and Coppell set pieces were never a problem. Bob Booker was around then.

Im afraid under MM they have deteriorated so maybe he is the catalyst?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:
I would agree that the first team might learn a thing or two from the Youth team's approach to set pieces - they are quite imaginative.

A call for Wilkins to step up to the plate in some capacity with the first team then.

Cant do any worse.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
I would agree that the first team might learn a thing or two from the Youth team's approach to set pieces - they are quite imaginative.

Thats all i was saying, in our position we need to be just that..... imaginative.

Like you say might not be up to Booker and White, but somebody needs to guide our players, remember most of them are relevatively young and inexpericed and need McGhee, Booker and the like to help them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here