Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boardwalk Empire Sky Atlantic

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone else seen it?
Classic TV drama with Brit Steven Graham a very convincing Al Capone.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
recording it tonight so I guess I'll have to avoid this thread !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Saw it last night and night before...seems pretty good...although...looks like future episodes will be shown on sat nights....so..ill not be seeing them

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's very good, well-paced with the right balance of voilence and laughs

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll have to wait until normal/non-sky telly has permission to show. In the meantime, i am rather enjoying Killing, the Danish crime drama that is standing in for Wallander. It's like a 20-episode Prime Suspect, which i think to be cool.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Only seen the first episode so far but I like what I'm seeing so its gone on series link.
Blue Bloods is also on series link. Got Entourage series 7 tonights (I think) and then the icing on the cake 'Treme'. Not forgetting Sopranos from the beginning starting next Wed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Saw it last night and night before...seems pretty good...although...looks like future episodes will be shown on sat nights....so..ill not be seeing them

Those future episodes will be first shown on Saturday evening but there are also several catch up showings throughout the rest of the week :thumbsup:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
oh cool... I enjoyed the two episodes Id seen so was a bit pissed when i heard them talk about saturday nights...

Any program that begins with...

And now, with strong language from the beginning, scenes of extreme violence, and scenes of a sexual nature, from the director Martin Scorcese

is a unmissable in my opinion haha

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't think there will be any panic if you ever miss an episode of something, it will be repeated about half a dozen times within the following week

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Its filmed about 10 mins from my Apt in Greenpoint, Brooklyn NY - has gone down a storm over here

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Have watched first 6 episodes, so wont put any spoilers here. Have enjoyed it thus far, Steve Buscemi as ever is great, some other really good performances too. One can see how the money went into it, could have been "Just another" mob/roaring 20's drama, but the settings and acting are well worth the watch

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got this on series link, I might delve in and kick it off tonight. I don't think I've EVER seen Buscemi being anything other than absolutely bloody brilliant in whatever he's been in, one of my all-time favourite actors.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Have watched first 6 episodes, so wont put any spoilers here. Have enjoyed it thus far, Steve Buscemi as ever is great, some other really good performances too. One can see how the money went into it, could have been "Just another" mob/roaring 20's drama, but the settings and acting are well worth the watch

I keep noticing words being repeated that the poster hasn't typed twice. Very odd. (the original post I have quoted has money written twice). Is this my computer playing up?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Any program that begins with...

And now, with strong language from the beginning, scenes of extreme violence, and scenes of a sexual nature, from the director Martin Scorcese

is a unmissable in my opinion haha

Funny, that's the point my mrs left the room. I watched the first two episodes and thought it was pretty damn good, with some quality delivery from Buscemi.

Have set Blue Bloods to series link so will have to see what thats like. Also Game of Thrones to come later in the year which is supposed to be good.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I've got this on series link, going to start tonight as the other half is off out for a couple of hours so I can watch it in peace once the kids are in bed. Might give Treme a go too, getting good reviews so certainly one to check out. Not worried about Sopranos as I've got the boxsets so can watch at anytime. Don't think I can add Blue Bloods to the list of series to keep upto date with, don't get enough time infront of the telebox as it is.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone else seen it?
Classic TV drama with Brit Steven Graham a very convincing Al Capone.

I saw him(i'm 99% sure) looking at For Sale flat in Brighton a couple of months with his family so he may be a Brighton resident now

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll have to wait until normal/non-sky telly has permission to show. In the meantime, i am rather enjoying Killing, the Danish crime drama that is standing in for Wallander. It's like a 20-episode Prime Suspect, which i think to be cool.

Yes, it's gripping stuff. Because of the length, we get more time to focus on the characters than we did with Wallander. Best television for years.

Its filmed about 10 mins from my Apt in Greenpoint, Brooklyn NY - has gone down a storm over here

It did: it opened with a lot of hype but ratings dropped as the series went on
'Boardwalk Empire': Spot Inspection | PopWatch | EW.com
It will be interesting to see if the same happens over here.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Enjoying Boardwalk Empire - could be a bit of a classic.

Watched one Blue Bloods and have decided togive it a miss. Completely waffer thin and predictable. Doesn't know if it wants to be Brothers & Sisters (puke) or a proper detective series - so falls between two stools. Utter crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here