Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boardwalk Empire Sky Atlantic

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Watched Blue Bloods it was shite. Predictable Irish New Yorker family. I just kept looking at Tom Sellecks moustache and I was waiting for it to slither off his face.
I thought Hawaii 5 O was poor as well.

Boardwalk Empire started off well , but got slower and slower. Still watchable but not the classic they made out.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Blue Bloods is getting interesting - new season just started (well its moved from Fridays to Wednesdays) - give it a chance, it does seem to get better with age

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
First Ep of Blue Bloods was shite. Will give it 1 more go but it better have more sex violence and swearing!

Treme is SO boring and the worst HBO show Ive seen.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
only seen the first two and very gripping already. buscemi's a class act. however, i wouldn't watch it straight off the telly. far too many advert breaks i need to skip through. it's beoming a bit of an art on the old x30 speed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
only seen the first two and very gripping already. buscemi's a class act. however, i wouldn't watch it straight off the telly. far too many advert breaks i need to skip through. it's beoming a bit of an art on the old x30 speed.

Check out your Sky Anytime.

If its on there (which it probably will be), it'll have no ad breaks.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I like ad breaks, even on Sky+. They provide natural piss breaks or time to make a cuppa. If you don't have ads you're sitting there needing a wee and you can't decide whether to go or not and then all you can think of is when you should go and then you stop watching the programme properly and miss bits. Ad breaks get the thumbs up for me. As as previous poster has said, you can just fast forward through them almost at the speed of light if you want.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like ad breaks, even on Sky+. They provide natural piss breaks or time to make a cuppa. If you don't have ads you're sitting there needing a wee and you can't decide whether to go or not and then all you can think of is when you should go and then you stop watching the programme properly and miss bits. Ad breaks get the thumbs up for me. As as previous poster has said, you can just fast forward through them almost at the speed of light if you want.

pause-button1.jpg

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Check out your Sky Anytime.

If its on there (which it probably will be), it'll have no ad breaks.

spot on. i'll most certainly be giving this a go. i'm sure there aren't that many breaks on other sky channels. i don't know how they can stand it over there. does my nut.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

The pause button does not help. When you need a wee you want a natural break but what if the scene is really important and goes on for a while? Then you're thinking about when you can pause it and then you're not giving your full attention to what is going on. Having an ad break means the show is stopped at a natural position in a 'lull' in the action and you are safe in the knowledge you won't lose the flow of the show and you can have a wee without any worries (I've got enough on my plate decided whether to have a sit down wee or a stand up man wee to have to poniticate about whether I should have come for a wee or not in the first place). Christ Easy, you don't seem to take watching tele that seriously at all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The pause button does not help. When you need a wee you want a natural break but what if the scene is really important and goes on for a while? Then you're thinking about when you can pause it and then you're not giving your full attention to what is going on. Having an ad break means the show is stopped at a natural position in a 'lull' in the action and you are safe in the knowledge you won't lose the flow of the show and you can have a wee without any worries (I've got enough on my plate decided whether to have a sit down wee or a stand up man wee to have to poniticate about whether I should have come for a wee or not in the first place). Christ Easy, you don't seem to take watching tele that seriously at all.

If you took watching the tellybox seriously enough Chappers, I'd venture that you should ensure your urinary needs have been adequately attended to in ADVANCE of the programme you are intending to watch. The show in question on this thread is only an hour long - or nearer to 45 minutes if you're viewing it minus the ads. If you are incapable of instructing your bladder to cope for that length of time, then I'm afraid I will have to chalk that up in the FAIL column.

Added to that, its not very difficult to select a natural break to pause the show - you can almost see when the ads would be intruding anyway just by watching it. Let a scene play out, then hit pause at the beginning of a new scene. Job done, and INFINITELY preferable to having your chosen show interrupted 4 times an hour by a f***ing MEERKAT or that fat opera-singing TWUNT.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I take my tellybox watching seriously enough thank you very much, I just happen to have a bladder which likes to spring surprise leaks every now and again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well you can have your advert-saturated programmes with numerous toilet breaks. I'll stick with the ad-free Anytime option AND have more time to fit in even more tellybox as a result. :thumbsup:

*winner*

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Beware there are so many quality programs being shown on Atlantic including the new series of Mad Men that when they become something you dont want to miss, Sky will start to charge.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Luckily in my house the downstairs cloaks is positioned so I can walk backwards out of the lounge , across the small hall , into the toilet and sit down to piss and still watch the TV with the doors wide open.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Blue Bloods is getting interesting - new season just started (well its moved from Fridays to Wednesdays) - give it a chance, it does seem to get better with age

Having had a few days off and not much to do, I watched a few more episodes of Blue Bloods and found myself enjoying it. It doe's get better. I would give it chance anyone who has missed this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here