Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNP's Election Broadcast

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The advert was cheesy and amateurish, they would be a disaster in government, however a lot of the basic tenets of their message ring true, they wouldn't have enjoyed the limited success thay have had up to now were this not true, however i expect this will be dismissexd as the 'ramblings of a knuckle dragger' from the usual suspects .

To be fair I wasn't that impressed with the broadcast but there is a lot of support for some of their policies. Could you imagine what a well run nationalist party could achieve

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Er...the most popular emigration destination for Brits is Spain. There are many more Brits settling in France, Greece, Italy and Cyprus too. The BNP policy is to scrap the Treaty of Rome, ending the rights of Brits to settle there - that's what El Pres was talking about.

So British people never settled in these countries before the Treaty of Rome then? I think we should be trying to hang on to our people by offering them a better life here. Rather than losing their skills to another country

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This kind of statement is exactly why a sensible debate on immigration doesnt happen, grow up for f*** sake :facepalm:

Why?

Gus Poyet is an immigrant.
Inigo Calderon is an immigrant
Kazenga Lua Lua is an immigrant.

As for most of the Chelsea team...

Under Griffin's proposal's, none of them would be allowed in. It's an example of the simplest form of what his policies would mean.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So British people never settled in these countries before the Treaty of Rome then?

That's twisting the argument a bit. The UK had limited immigration controls in the 1950s - the UK Immigration Act wasn't passed until 1962. Are you suggesting that we should go back to those days and scrap all existing immigration laws? :ohmy:

The point is that treaties generally have reciprocal agreements. If we want to stop EU citizens (which makes up the largest number of immigrants coming here) then British citizens will be prevented from moving to other EU countries.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
That's twisting the argument a bit. The UK had limited immigration controls in the 1950s - the UK Immigration Act wasn't passed until 1962. Are you suggesting that we should go back to those days and scrap all existing immigration laws? :ohmy:

The point is that treaties generally have reciprocal agreements. If we want to stop EU citizens (which makes up the largest number of immigrants coming here) then British citizens will be prevented from moving to other EU countries.

We could scrap the existing immigration laws. That would put the BNP in power tomorrow. Vote libdem for a BNP government :D

The whole point is that we don't want to lose our "citizens" to other countries and yes we don't want those "EU Citizens" coming here. So lets get out of the EU before they let Turkey in

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Of course they do, immigrants arent going to f***ing vote for then are they ? :lolol:

I was responding to post that asked why the BNP was standing in a virtually all-white area.

There is not a single seat in the UK where people born outside the UK are in a majority BTW

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I was responding to post that asked why the BNP was standing in a virtually all-white area.

There is not a single seat in the UK where people born outside the UK are in a majority BTW

But there are areas where people who are not ethnicaly English are the majority

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why?

Gus Poyet is an immigrant.
Inigo Calderon is an immigrant
Kazenga Lua Lua is an immigrant.

As for most of the Chelsea team...

Under Griffin's proposal's, none of them would be allowed in. It's an example of the simplest form of what his policies would mean.
Neither i nor dandyman mentioned griffin's proposal, the wording used was a block on immigration, just to clarify, when i say a block on immigration, i mean ablock on the immigration of unskilled people , to do the so called 'jobs that brits wont do '.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The whole point is that we don't want to lose our "citizens" to other countries and yes we don't want those "EU Citizens" coming here.

So you agree that there should be a ban on emigration too?

Fair enough, that's a consistent policy.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Er...the most popular emigration destination for Brits is Spain. There are many more Brits settling in France, Greece, Italy and Cyprus too. The BNP policy is to scrap the Treaty of Rome, ending the rights of Brits to settle there - that's what El Pres was talking about.
As ive said in previous posts i dont support the BNP , but i'm all for scrapping inward migration to the uk from somalia, sudan, the rest of sub saharan africa,albania,iraq,afghanistan,kosovo, pakistan and bangladesh, i'm quite sure if push came to shove we could live without the ''benefits'' people from these places bring us, and the the destinations you mention would obviously be free to decide themselves if they wanted to ban imigration from britain.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As ive said in previous posts i dont support the BNP , but i'm all for scrapping inward migration to the uk from somalia, sudan, the rest of sub saharan africa,albania,iraq,afghanistan,kosovo, pakistan and bangladesh, i'm quite sure if push came to shove we could live without the ''benefits'' people from these places bring us, and the the destinations you mention would obviously be free to decide themselves if they wanted to ban imigration from britain.
I heard the other day that Asians take 3% of handouts in this country, but generate 6% of GDP. I'll see if I can find a link.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Since you're so keen for a sensible debate on immigration (which i quite agree is needed) you might want to differentiate between asylum seekers and economic migrants. Under the points-based system, no unskilled worker from outside the EU can enter the UK to work. That's already Government policy and was started in 2008 and being phased in over two years. If we wanted to ban unskilled workers from the EU we would have to leave the EU. So anybody who is workinmg here from the countries you listed would be doing so illegally and would be sent home if caught. So the debate really needs to be about are we doing enough to stop people entering and working illegally. whether there should be a limit on the mumber of people who we admit seeking asylum (who currently cannot work anyway while they are being assessed) and should we go as far as to leave the EU in order to prevent certain european nationals from working here.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
personally i think britain should do more to encourage foreigners to stay in their respective countries instead of having them come there for benefits. something is wrong if 400,000 britains emigrate each year from a pop of 61million. personally i think there should be better links with countries like australia, usa, canada. it seems mad that someone in canada has to go through more hoops to stay and work in the uk where as someone from lithuania has a much easier ride.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wapedia - Wiki: British Asian
British Asian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the other hand, too many don't feel British:
BBC NEWS | UK | Many Asians 'do not feel British'

My observation from the only Asians I really properly know, is that they are as British as I am, with one or two notable differences. Firstly, they still have a bizarre attachment to the Indian cricket team. Yet they tell me that when they go and visit relatives in the sub continent, they find themselves constantly "bragging with pride" of their own home nation in the UK. Secondly, their home lives are far more family orientated, but it's a cultural thing and I've been made to feel welcome at the couple of Asian weddings I've been to.

Of course there are people who are unpalatable - I was shagging an Asian girl many years ago, and wasn't allowed to meet the family. Funnily enough, my wife had a similar problem before she met me. But invariably it is past generations who are guilty of this - younger Asians are as integrated as anyone else, IMO.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I dont know, i didnt make a coment about griffin, i made a comment about sensible debates on immigration, why do you keep trying to divert attention away from that ?

OK. Are you for a blanket ban on people coming in from those countries you listed above?

How do you administer, for instance, someone from Pakistan who wants to come over and study medicine from someone from, say, Norway, who wants to come and be a sponging bum?

Is it their country of origin that worries you, or their intent once they're here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here