Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNP........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, but that was against a divided opposition - the french left was in a hell of state.
Yep, and their system was so screwed that they ended up having to vote for corrupt goon Jacques Chirac (disliked by everyone), or the NF were going to get in!

There is PR in the European elections and the BNP got nowhere near 10% and that was on a lower turnout - they'd get a smaller share at a General Election. The 2009 European election was also held when Labour and Gordon Brown were at their most unpopular, just after the expenses scandal broke: that won't apply at a future general election.
But the simple fact is that we've never had a GE under PR, so you have no idea what effect that will have. Disenfranchised voters everywhere would express themselves as they wished, no tactical nonsense.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
in the meantime parts of britain suffer from the effects of mass immigration and no one gives a f*** as long as they can sneer at thickies, bash up asians or get cheap labour.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's brilliant

Believe me, if we got PR you would be very surprised how large a vote BNP would get. There is a large racist element in England in particular. Look at how the lib dem vote came out, largely I suspect on the back of the outing of their immigration policy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Disenfranchised voters everywhere would express themselves as they wished, no tactical nonsense.

Spot on. I would also suggest that in the long term it would lead to the end of the Union of England, Scotland and Wales.

English people given a party to vote for under PR that would reduce the amount of funding given to the others by going alone would do very well in my view.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yep, and their system was so screwed that they ended up having to vote for corrupt goon Jacques Chirac (disliked by everyone), or the NF were going to get in!

But the simple fact is that we've never had a GE under PR, so you have no idea what effect that will have. Disenfranchised voters everywhere would express themselves as they wished, no tactical nonsense.

I remember the election well "Votez l'escroc, pas le facho" (vote for the crook, not the fascist).

But we did have a Euro election under PR and Euro elections are perfect examples of a place to make a protest vote - didn't the Greens score 12% in one about 10 years ago? But given the opportunity to express themselves as they wished, with no tactical voting, they gave BNP just 6% of the vote - at a time when there was huge dissatisfaction with Labour. That suggests to me that the BNP would struggle to deliver more than that - and probably a lot fewer at a GE.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I share the general pleasure that The B.N.P. have failed to win a seat. However, you've voted in an extremist in Brighton. If Green Party policies were ever implemented nationally, the lights would go out and thousands of old people would freeze to death each Winter in this country. Caroline Lucas and her mob are every bit as dangerous as Nick Griffin and his fascists.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
I share the general pleasure that The B.N.P. have failed to win a seat. However, you've voted in an extremist in Brighton. If Green Party policies were ever implemented nationally, the lights would go out and thousands of old people would freeze to death each Winter in this country. Caroline Lucas and her mob are every bit as dangerous as Nick Griffin and his fascists.

lol

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
that sounds pretty sneering.

Haven't you realised yet? Nearly every single post from "The Spanish" is him bleating about how the British middle classes have got it all wrong. If only they were as down with the kids as him, in his cosy desk bound recruitment job in central London surrounded by familiar trappings such as Pret a Manger outlets and pubs serving seared tuna served by cheap immigrant labour.

He's working to beat the system from within, you see. You'd be absolutely wrong to draw the conclusion that he is in any way deluded and hypocritical, too busy sniping at the middle classes rather than getting off his arse to do something about an issue he feels so strongly about.

Riiiiiggggghhhhhttttt.

The Greens aren't really a political party anyway, they are a pressure group, and a very successful one at that. The reason that they have done so badly in most elections is precisely because what was once the territory of the Green party is now viewed as the centre in politics; that we need a green economy, that we should be looking at alternatives to oil as a transport fuel, and that global warming is a clear and present danger. The Green party will always be a slightly wacky 'out there' party because that is what they need to do to distinguish themselves from the pack and further awareness of their aims and ideals.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Haven't you realised yet? Nearly every single post from "The Spanish" is him bleating about how the British middle classes have got it all wrong. If only they were as down with the kids as him, in his cosy desk bound recruitment job in central London surrounded by familiar trappings such as Pret a Manger outlets and pubs serving seared tuna served by cheap immigrant labour.

He's working to beat the system from within, you see. You'd be absolutely wrong to draw the conclusion that he is in any way deluded and hypocritical, too busy sniping at the middle classes rather than getting off his arse to do something about an issue he feels so strongly about.

So do you respect people that do get off their arse and do something then

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
bnp and ukip must be supporting electoral reform. imo they did really well, every return i heard i usually listened out for ukip and bnp and was surprised they usually had no less than a thousand votes which considering their views is not bad. it's a shame though they have nothing to show for it, speaking for myself, if this hung parliament brings the british people anything, it should be electoral reform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here