Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blunkett QUITS!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
well then, according to your logic the next home secretary should do better just because he won't be blind.

Wonder if Prescott will be moved into the position

At first glance, a reason for celebration!

But think about it ... Blair can't afford to replace him with anybody opposed to ID cards. He needs another anti-refugee, pro-security state fascist Scunthorpe to replace the one he's losing.

Step forward John Reid.

Now, how frightening is that?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Good, ID cards will die now being they're Blunkett's love child

Bad, re-shuffle. Will Prescott remain in his current role?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Roll on the election, at last we can take Great Britain back from this pussy Government, Michael Howard see you in no 10:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
And when that happens the vast majority of the cardigan wearing librels on this board will hang themselves if thier reaction to Bush getting back in is to go by:lol: :lol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
fatbadger said:
At first glance, a reason for celebration!

But think about it ... Blair can't afford to replace him with anybody opposed to ID cards. He needs another anti-refugee, pro-security state fascist Scunthorpe to replace the one he's losing.

Step forward John Reid.

Now, how frightening is that?

Not very, it's only for a few months.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
chicken run said:
Roll on the election, at last we can take Great Britain back from this pussy Government, Michael Howard see you in no 10:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
And when that happens the vast majority of the cardigan wearing librels on this board will hang themselves if thier reaction to Bush getting back in is to go by:lol: :lol:

I don't wear a cardigan. Does that mean I can vote Lib Dem AND stay away from the noose?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Blunkett resigns as Home Secretary

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted before, as Mr Blunkett resigned several hours ago. Charles Clarke, who was Education Secretary, has taken his place. I left the office at 5.20 to go to a Carol Service, and Adam Boulton, Sky's Political Editor, was outside, but I'm not sure if David Blunkett had already resigned. I won't make many comments, as I work at the Home Office, though I have to say that Mr Blunkett had at least started to bear down on the scallies who make people's lives a misery, with ASBOs, etc.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Davids blankett has resigned? wont he COLD?

my god thats a poor effort :nono: :jester:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Glad he's gone, but I think he's been right royally sticked up over this one.

Entrapped by a women desperate for a baby (when did we last hear of a MP fighting to PROVE his fatherhood) and an over loyal backroom team were pushing the nanny Visa application through without his direct knowledge.

( Or maybe the women was contacting civil servants directly ? - she had contacts being the publisher of the spectator )

That's my take on it anyway - I think the review will clear him, but he won't be missed.

Anyway - this Charles Clarke is a right stubborn bugger and one of Gordon Browns enemies.

I'm just reading a biography of Gordon Brown and this Labour lot have so many grudges against each other going so many years it's a wonder they manage to govern the country at all.

He's a quick synopsis.

Brown hates Prescott and Prescott hates Mandelson.

Mandelson used to like Brown, but supported Blair so Brown hates Mandelson so Mandelson hates Brown.

Clarke hates Brown.

Brown has hated Cook for years (since University). but now Cook likes Brown because Cook fell out with Blair.

Brown used to like Straw, but dislikes Straw because Blair likes Straw

Blunkett likes Blair but hates EVERYONE ELSE.

Blair just loves himself.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Big enough ear to bend!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Separated at birth:

clarke372.jpg

Fungus the Bogeyman

fungus4.gif

Charles Clarke.

Last edited:

chicken run said:

Leaving aside the sad misapprehension you have that the Tories have any chance of winning...

You seem sadly mistaken. You appear to be under the impression that liberals (i.e. those who believe in freedom and liberty) would like to see Tony Blair win the election. OK, so we don't want Howard to win, but I will be just as depressed that the proto-fascist Blair has won as I will be about the proto-fascist Howard winning.

Obviously, I was wrong about John Reid getting the job (thank God). But Clarke is no better - he is still a chest-beater for the security state, and a violent opponent of basic liberty. He does, at least, not follow Blunkett on the efficacy of prisons, which is a relief, but that's about it.

The really, really bad news about Clarke's promotion is the promotion of Ruth Kelly to Education.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here